Slice, on 17 June 2015 - 07:48 AM, said:
At the begin of the discussion I wanted to show you that unmodified WineStage+unmodified Wrapper == not success because WIneStage is developed and supported for linux and developers didn't care about MacOSX specific problems.
See bugs 25486, 29586, 14939, 29598 for DXTn absent support.
It's a pity using my version of libtxc_dxtn with pure WineStage also in not full solution. See what you have
" libtxc_dxtn (compatibility....)"
this is wrong. It must be a file name without comments "libtxc_dxtn.dylib", no spaces, no version, no braces.
I don't know how to correct configure.ac to create more correct file name so I did compilation in two steps.
First for configure and creating config.h
Second edit config.h and final build.
Ahh, I see what you mean. The configure script has quite a funky little sed replace script trying to extract the dylib name from the actual library itself - very strange. I wrote a simple patch for the configure script so I could keep using the Wineskin Build Engine feature. Of course this is not the best solution, but here is the patch anyway if someone is interested:
Put that in a file
in your wine staging src folder (made for 1.7.44 staging release, but will probably work on other recent staging versions) and then run
patch -p1 < wine-staging-1.7.44-libtxc_dxtn_configure.patch
I also noticed that I had to overwrite the libpng.dylib link in the EngineBase Frameworks folder to the new libpng.16.16.dylib I placed in there, or the compile would not link the correct library, despite being explicitly declared in the created config.h !
I wish I could get my darn linker to create a .dylib for libtxc_dxtn. I have libtxc_dxtn compiling to an .so no problem, but no matter seemingly where or how I add the -dynamiclib flag to CFLAGS CPPFLAGS or CXXFLAGS, it has no effect, even after
. Slice, I know you mentioned the flag '-dynamic' and I tried that too, but all the online references I've found say to use -dynamiclib. Either way - I get no .dylib build love. =(
Happy to use yours, though - I just played a few missions in Everquest II and it is the smoothest yet - no libtxc_dxtn or libpng errors in the log file! Thanks for the WrapperUpdate!!