• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Raznick

Raznick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI RADEON HD 6750 M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

Okay, I am very new to all of this, but have tried to wrap my head around what Wineskin wrappers are and how they work. I have had my iMac 2011 model for over 3 years now and I usually buy native Mac games (it's still running OS X 10.6.5 snow leopard).
However, I recently downloaded a black box repack for batman arkham origins and then downloaded danistheman's wine skin wrapper for it. For some godforsaken reason the setup would not install through wine. So, I decided to install it on my Windows computer and transfer the program files from here into the wineskin wrapper. And this works. The game starts up... Everything is fine except for the lagging.
The game lags like hell. I get like 1 fps or something. Something similar used to happen with FIFA 13 which was also running through wine. I really want to play this game and have scoured the Internet for a fix (read up on amdspeedhack engine and whatnot) but nothing is working.  My native mac games DO NOT LAG. Please help me out. Thank you.
Oh yeah, the graphic card on the machine is AMD radeon 6750m HD.

#2 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

I could suggest updating OS X to Mavericks, but that shouldn't make an order of magnitude difference... What wrapper and engine version do the wrapper that you use have?

If you do a tets run from the wrapper, do you get anything interesting in the Wine log? You can post it for us to look at (or, preferably, put it at pastebin and link here)

#3 Raznick

Raznick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:12 AM

Hi ovvldc,
Wineskin Wrapper Version - Wineskin 2.5.12
Engine - WSWrapper-1.7.9(NoSync)-DITM
:)

#4 Raznick

Raznick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:14 AM

Sorry I'm running 10.6.8 Snow Leopard not 10.6.5!

#5 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:13 AM

OK, 1.7.9 is a very recent engine, so that shouldn't be a problem. The only thing we can look at now is logs from a test run. You could try a D3Dboost engine in the likely case that your CPU is the bottleneck, but it will probably not tailored to your game like the one in the wrapper and give other headaches.

And, just to rule it out, do you have anything that is eating CPU running while you are playing the game?

#6 Raznick

Raznick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

No ... There is no other program running while the game starts.
Um.. This is very noobish but somehow I can't get the test run logs onto pastebin or post it here because apparently the size is too large. Can I remove similar lines that are in succession and then paste it? Because there is one particular line which is repeated like a thousand times in succession...
And thank you for trying to help out.

#7 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

Yes, if you let us know which are really common, then that is a good start. We don't need to see thousands of identical lines.

#8 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:00 AM

I would suggest that you back up the wrapper...then update it to Wineskin 2.6.0, switch the engine to WS9WineCrossover13.1.0 (download through Wineskin Winery, then it will be visible in Wineskin) and then after it finishes, open Wineskin go to Screen Option and check off  the WineD3DBoost and Use Mac Driver check boxes...click Test Run and see if it works. When it shuts down it will ask you if you want to view test run logs, click yes and post the lastrunwine.log here (use the spoiler tags, it will likely be very big). Just copy and paste the lines that have err: at the beggining. The fixme: entries in the log don't provide much information unless it is referring to a specific .dll file.

#9 Raznick

Raznick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:30 AM

Hi DankoB,
I updated the wrapper to Wineskin 2.6.0 through Winery but the thing is when I look for the Engines, the one you mentioned, WS9WineCrossover13.1.0, doesn't even show up in the list! What is wrong exactly? The latest engine displayed in the list is WS9Wine1.7.15... :/

#10 Ian Pickert

Ian Pickert

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia Geforce GT 750 M
  • I like to play:RPG and Horror Games

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:58 AM

Go all the way down to the bottom and you will see WS9 CX 13.1.0, that is the engine Danko is talking about.
   "Is that what he was? Or was he always true to himself, no matter what personality he wore? And there is something that the Council may never understand. That perhaps Revan never fell. The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel that Revan understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if Revan had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the dark lord out of necessity, to prevent a greater evil."

#11 Raznick

Raznick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

Hmm..thanks y'all. I've done what you asked and I'd just like to tell all of you that the game has stopped lagging... at all. But now, the graphics are all over the place. Poor Batman doesn't have a cape anymore and every character is fully black. There are these psychedelic colors that appear every now and then there are these weird multi coloured shapes.
Anyways,  here are the err: lines from the test run logs..( I didn't use pastebin because the lines were mostly the same)

err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded

err:winediag:shader_generate_glsl_declarations The hardware does not support enough uniform components to run this shader, it may not render correctly.

fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log ERROR: 0:48: '[' :  array index out of range '241'

fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log ERROR: One or more attached shaders not successfully compiled

err:d3d_shader:set_glsl_shader_program >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from Find glsl program uniform locations @ glsl_shader.c / 6095
err:d3d_shader:set_glsl_shader_program >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glUseProgramObjectARB(programId) @ glsl_shader.c / 6110
err:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_select >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glUseProgramObjectARB @ glsl_shader.c / 6330

err:d3d_shader:set_glsl_shader_program >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from Find glsl program uniform locations @ glsl_shader.c / 6095
err:d3d_shader:set_glsl_shader_program >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glUseProgramObjectARB(programId) @ glsl_shader.c / 6110
err:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_select >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glUseProgramObjectARB @ glsl_shader.c / 6330
err:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_load_constantsB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from shader_glsl_load_constantsB() @ glsl_shader.c / 725

err:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_load_constantsB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from shader_glsl_load_constantsB() @ glsl_shader.c / 725

glsl_shader.c / 725
fixme:wtsapi:WTSUnRegisterSessionNotification Stub 0x60062

#12 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:06 AM

OK. This would suggest that you try (1) set glsl=disable in your overrides (use WineTricks). This may fix things or break the game entirely, but it is easy to try and revert. Another (2) would be to install some of the native windows DirectX to replace the Wine d3d stuff. I suggest starting with the d3dx_36 and/or d3dx_43 dlls.

Finally, make sure you copy of the game is entirely up to date in terms of patches. Maybe the broken shader got fixed somewhere by someone?

#13 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

ATI/AMD Graphics have a bug in the drivers for 10.6... This will cause to fall back into software rendering mode and run very slow frame rates. I made engines for a while that worked around this bug but they could cause other bad graphics problems in some games.

The fix for the issue is newer graphics drivers, but Apple never released the drivers for older OS versions. I think the fixed drivers were just for 10.8, so you may not find a fix unless you are using Intel, or nvidia, or if you upgrade your OS.

#14 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

Presumably, the new drivers are also in 10.9 Mavericks, in case you have skeuomorphobia like yours truly ;).

#15 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:49 PM

View Postovvldc, on 07 April 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

Presumably, the new drivers are also in 10.9 Mavericks, in case you have skeuomorphobia like yours truly ;).
I meant it was fixed when 10.8 was the newest... the fix has persisted to all later drivers including the ones in 10.9.  Upgrading to 10.9 would probably fix the problem, or try one of the older AMDSpeedHack engines...

#16 Raznick

Raznick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:52 AM

Thanks all of you!
Okay, so I've tried a few things ->
1)disable glsl driver using wineskin doesn't work..game crashes.
2)AMDSpeedHack Engines cause the game to crash too.
Just one question though, if I upgrade to mavericks will the rest of my games work? Like the ones that have been running successfully till now..? (They're mostly relatively newer games that are native mac games like the Assassin's Creed games, the other Batman games, Splinter Cell Conviction, Mafia 2, etc.)

#17 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:59 AM

Mostly, yes. I can't say for sure as I haven't tried these. The only problems I have had were with software that relied on PPC code. I think I got everything else I had to work even if some tweaking was needed.

#18 Raznick

Raznick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

Sorry for the late reply! Thanks all. Just one thing, considering that only wine ports lag on my device.. There couldn't possibly be some other reason for the lagging other than the bug in the AMD GPU, could there?  I'm sorry if I'm asking the same sorta questions but I just want to be sure before I upgrade to Mavericks.
PS. - cider ports (like skyrim) works brilliantly whereas the same wineskin port for the game for the same settings lags like hell!
Thank you for your time and patience. :)

#19 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

Could be, then, because my Skyrim in Wineskin works just fine. Mind you, it was laggy when I used 10.6 but that was because I was using it on a MacBook with an nVidia 9400M chipset...

Perhaps you could take your port an try it on a friend's machine with Intel HD 4000+ or nVidia graphics and see if it runs better on those?

#20 Raznick

Raznick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

Thank you ovvldc! You've been real patient and helpful.
Plus, I was able to fix the lag in skyrim by changing the engine to ws9winecx13.1.0.
Arkham origins still lags though! Well, I think I'll just have to upgrade to 10.9
Thanks again!

#21 tzhang123

tzhang123

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:5770 Radeon
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:08 AM

Hi i'm running arkham origins from danistheman wrapper, when i'm opening doors or gliding around the city my game lags like hell, and there are a lot of pop in textures as well help!!!! P.S im not a huge gamer and i don't really know anything about computers

My specs
Mac os x 10.9.2
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
13-inch, Mid 2012
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

#22 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GTX 680MX 2GB
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:First Person Shooters, Arcade Games, Adventure Games, Platformers, Puzzlers

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:16 AM

All those games you mentioned work in Mavericks I've been using it since release and played all of those except Splinter Cell Conviction which never ran well for me on anything.
--Kama
It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.
-- Alex Delarge, A Clockwork Orange
Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB Hard Drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users