• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aruantec

aruantec

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Graphics Card:GTX 560TI
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

Hi everyone,

i'm facing a very annoying issue when running games through wineskin. It doesn't matter which wrapper i use i get the annoying lag after 5-7 seconds of gameplay. I updated wineskin to the latest version with D3D boost and the speed is awesome so i just don't understand why the game suddenly freeze for a second or so then i can move for 5-7 secs with awesome speeds and then the same. Did i forgot something? here my specs:

- i3 2100 @ 3,1ghz
- 4GB DDR3
- GTX 560 TI
- Mavericks(10.9.4)

Thank you in advance.

#2 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

Not enough info. You did read the post on how to post here?

A. You failed to mention which game(s)
B. D3D boost is experimental, so expect problems
C. You mentioned you used several wrappers, not which ones.
D. Do you get this repeatedly or just once?
E. Where is the wine.log (not the X11.log)

#3 aruantec

aruantec

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

I didn't mentioned game names as it happens with every game tested so far as well as wrappers. As i said in the main post it doesn't matter which engine i use it always happen(i get a huge performance boost with the D3DBoost one). However i did some tests yesterday and modified the x11 Settings in the wrapper and is slightly better now. The games tested are resident evil Revelation, Resident Evil 5 and 6 and devil may cry(DMC). The issue repeats every 5-7 seconds when i move around(never when i stay still) or when i open a door etc even with the pre-defined engines of the respective wrapper for each game. i will post the log here later since i'm not at home at the Moment.

#4 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

It may be some other software running on your system... security software like firewalls, antivirus, etc... usually impact the most, but sometimes it can be something as simple as mouse drivers.

#5 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
Author

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

Is this only happening in wine games?
The GeForce 5xx series have been notorious with with issues on OSX.

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#6 aruantec

aruantec

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:21 PM

View Postdoh123, on 18 August 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

It may be some other software running on your system... security software like firewalls, antivirus, etc... usually impact the most, but sometimes it can be something as simple as mouse drivers.

Hmmmm i'm not using any antivirus or software since i installed OSX recently just to port my apps to it. I have to admit that i don't know much about it since i'm a Windows developer. I tested some games out of curiosity and found out that it lags terribly... maybe because i installed the freeze fix for Geforce cards on mavericks??? i have to admit that i'm not using my mac on Mavericks since my main one is more powerful than my iMac(basically the same hardware minus the Geforce) so i decided to use that instead.

View Postcluthz, on 18 August 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

Is this only happening in wine games?
The GeForce 5xx series have been notorious with with issues on OSX.

Yes, only on wine games. I bought Mickey Mouse Castle of illusion and it works like a charm with really good graphics. Also Trine 2 as well which i downloaded using my steam account. Where do i find the x11 log file??? sorry for the noob question but as i said i'm new to OSX.

My main goal is to port my apps tho. so i want to make sure everything works great. here is a video of it:
https://www.youtube....h?v=jCGwt5vsujQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users