• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 moulson13

moulson13

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:04 AM

I am attempting to play Dragon Age Origins. I have purchased the game via EA Origins. However when I did this I didnt realize that it was Windows only. So I need help either getting EA Origins Windows edition to work so that I can play DA:O or a way to get DA:O to work. I downloaded the OriginWineWSWraper.dmg from the site. I have launched it and opened the disk image. When I opened the disk image it has the Origin PC icon. I launch the Origin PC icon it gives me the option to Install Software, Set Screen Options, Advanced or Quit. I don't know what to do from this point.
Sorry this is so rudimentary please give me the answers as I have attempted every way I can think of.

My Mac OS X Version:
Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

My Mac Model, GPU & CPU:
MacBook Pro Retina 15" Late 2013
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR 3 RAM
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

#2 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:25 PM

Usually there are instructions following the wrapper or where you downloaded the wrapper.

It will require you to download the game in some way, usually on a pc/bootcamp or with a wrapper itself.

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#3 johnb1

johnb1

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Graphics Card:Sapphire Radeon 7950 3 Gigs
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

okay, moulson 13, we all have to start somewhere, right
so when you get to that dialog box, see if you can find "Dragon Age Origins" somewhere.  click on "Install software" and point it to the game you wish to install. Let it run and install.  After that, see if there are any updates for it. Download and install those by doing what you did before. Finally, get back to that window, go to advanced, then tools, then update engine and update/refresh wrapper. Running winetricks may be helpful, but you have  1.5 gigs of video ram, so don't expect a miracle on this one.  Let it run, then quit it
now doubleclick on the wrapper and the game should run. If not ,post back here

JB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users