• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#181 sergemoije

sergemoije

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Graphics Card:nvidia GT 650M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:28 AM

Hi all,

I'm trying to use wineskin with wine 64 bit for mac(WS9Wine1.9.7 x64), wine is recognized by the system, but when I try to run a 64 bits app (7-zip install), winery tell me that a windows 64 bits is necessary to be able to run the 7-zip installer, I tried with ther app and it run but stopped because it detect a win32 system.
Can you guys provide me a clear explanation on how to use wine 64 bits in wineskin for mac os x ?

Thx.

#182 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:41 AM

I think you posted in the wrong forum.

#183 sergemoije

sergemoije

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Graphics Card:nvidia GT 650M

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:50 AM

this forum is about wineskin right ?

#184 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Posted 01 November 2016 - 12:13 PM

@sergemoije

this thread is old... there is a new thread  in the custom wine build section regarding 64 bit version of the engines:

http://portingteam.c...wine64-engines/

If you are interest to 64 engines you can try also my STG64 engines (staging engines)... You can found them into my sign

#185 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:52 PM

View Postsergemoije, on 01 November 2016 - 09:50 AM, said:

this forum is about wineskin right ?

Yes, but you posted in development, whereas your question would have been suited either to discussion or custom engines. Probably the latter, given NGR's response. Please pay attention.

#186 anberlin

anberlin

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

what about wine 2.0 and directx 11 support?

#187 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:48 PM

View Postanberlin, on 28 January 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

what about wine 2.0 and directx 11 support?

you are OT...

however:

Wine has been working on DirectX 11 for a few years now.  CodeWeavers is the driving force behind that effort, and DirectX 11 is a major focus for us.  At present, DX11 is not sufficiently advanced in Wine to allow many modern DX11 games to run.

A major blocker for DX11 is that very many of our customers are macOS users, and Apple's OpenGL does not provide the features necessary to implement full DirectX 11 support on macOS.

Apple provides a graphics API called Metal, distinct from OpenGL, which it claims will receive updates in the future and will be more suitable as a basis for DX11 than the old version of OpenGL which remains available on macOS.  We are working to determine whether DX11 can be implemented on top of Metal.  We are hopeful for that future.  The need to re-implement much of Wine's D3D for macOS means that DX11 is less advanced that we would like as of today.  Those features of DX11 which exist in Wine are present in CrossOver, but we do not yet tout it as something which will run the majority of games.  We are working on that and would like very much to announce it in a future release.

The bottom line is that currently some Direct3D 11 applications will work on Linux, but generally not on MacOS.

With Apple's current focus on Metal they seem to have abandoned support for modern OpenGL features, and CrossOver/Wine requires those in order to support modern Direct3D.

Some people may remember Blizzard running into a similar situation with Overwatch. We're investigating options for integrating Metal support, but there are some disadvantages inherent to using a proprietary API on a proprietary OS.

source: https://www.codeweav...t=27;msg=188503

#188 anberlin

anberlin

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:06 PM

exactly in Overwatch I'm interested, thanks for explanations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users