284 replies to this topic

#61 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD6670, GTX650
  • Operating System:OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
  • I like to play:Heroes III
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:49 AM

View PostDankoB, on 05 June 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

I'm the last guy that's worried about recognition...and I'm also not looking to provide you with bug reports or competition. All I am curious about is why there is such a major difference between an engine that is based on Wine1.5.25 (CX12.1.2) that works correctly to render non player characters in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series compared to newest versions of Wine.  My ultimate goal is to be able to play the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series with all of the latest Wine implementations without any graphical bugs but I have no idea how to figure out what the issue is.

WS9WineCX12.1.2AMDSpeedhack
Spoiler

WS9WineSherry1.7.44-100s
Spoiler
Hey DankoB,
can you test this version with the game?
https://dl.dropboxus....45-219g.tar.7z
I expected broken geometry to be resolved.

#62 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:39 PM

Gladly!

Will report back!

*EDIT

So, I've tested this on Lost Alpha and it is definitely a step in the right direction...the geometry is no longer broken, however the NPC's do not act correctly. I did however only test this with "UserQuirks"=dword:0000000f

Posted Image

I'll try this with other settings when I get some time...hopefully later this afternoon.

#63 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:20 PM

So I got a bit more time and tested through the quirks, to no avail. I also misled you a bit, I believe. The screenshots from the last post are from Lost Alpha but the previous screenshots are from Call of Pripyat. When I tested through all the quirks for CoP the characters still looked the same on each instance.

d3d11=builtin
Spoiler

d3d11=native
Spoiler

d3d11=disabled
Spoiler

I've also noticed that gamma sliders in all games I have tested no longer work with the XSherry engines, which isn't a big deal to me because I rarely change the levels in game.

**EDIT AGAIN

I got steam installed and tried CoP through that. It starts up but performs the same as the retail version...I did however notice variations in the way steam performed under XSherry. The store and advertisement window seemed as though they couldn't connect to the steam servers. And as the game was installing steam was unresponsive.

Wine Staging 1.7.45
Spoiler

Wine XSherry 1.7.45-219g
Spoiler

#64 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:07 AM

I will ask you to disable CSMT in Config Utility because all my new features are in wined3d.dll and absent in wined3d-csmt.dll.

#65 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:48 AM

I tried that but to no avail, still receiving the same error  :(

Something else I noticed was that when launching Fallout 3 GOTY with the newest engines (WS9Wine1.7.45-214 & WS9Wine1.7.45-219g) there is no sound, where sound issue was fixed into Wine 1.3.XX...somewhere along the line. Sound works fine with WS9Wine1.7.44-105

#66 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:04 AM

I mean your log containing lines
fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"wined3d.dll" to L"wined3d-csmt.dll"
fixme:winediag:wined3d_dll_init Experimental wined3d CSMT feature is currently enabled.
About sound I don't know with what it related. I have sound in all tested games and applications.

#67 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:39 PM

Some more improvements
https://dl.dropboxus....46-222g.tar.7z

#68 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:57 PM

I tried the previous engine in both manners, but only posted the logs for ine. I just tested the newest engine briefly and I have the same results as before. :(

Spoiler

#69 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:16 PM

No,
your log contains a line
fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"wined3d.dll" to L"wined3d-csmt.dll"
again.

#70 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:52 PM

View PostSlice, on 30 June 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

No,
your log contains a line
again.

probably because he use this:
https://github.com/w...i/DLL-Redirects to try improve performances with CSMT feature

#71 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:56 PM

View PostSlice, on 29 June 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

I will ask you to disable CSMT in Config Utility because all my new features are in wined3d.dll and absent in wined3d-csmt.dll.

#72 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:02 PM

I read it , but probably He forgot to delete the wined3d-csmt library:
Posted Image

and He has checked only the CSMT's box

#73 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:28 AM

First of all disable here
Posted Image

#74 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:28 PM

I made new WrapperUpdate with a large amount of libraries FAT 32/64 that can be used also for other projects (ImageMagick for example).
I am not sure who of the used in wine because there may be indirect dependencies.
The download link is in the topic.

#75 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:33 PM

Yes, of course I turned staging off correctly....and I never had wined3d-csmt.dll in application pane of config utility.

fixme:winediag:wined3d_dll_init Experimental wined3d CSMT feature is currently disabled.

#76 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:23 AM

View PostDankoB, on 02 July 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

Yes, of course I turned staging off correctly....and I never had wined3d-csmt.dll in application pane of config utility.

fixme:winediag:wined3d_dll_init Experimental wined3d CSMT feature is currently disabled.
No, you have redirection.
Disabled is other method to switch it off. I want you to test without redirection.

#77 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:02 PM

Okay, I deleted it entirely from the user.reg...simply unchecking it in config utility did nothing. I also had csmt unchecked in WS screen options.

Unfortunately I have the same issue. I will re-run through the quirks when I get some more time.

#78 jtnix

jtnix

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Graphics Card:10.11.6: AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4G Retina 27
    10.11.5: AMD 6750M 512M MBP 15
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:Star Wars: The Old Republic, Everquest, Everquest II, Neverwinter Online

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:22 PM

LZMA now, seriously? like 7z from doh wasn't enough :wacko:

If you're wondering why more people don't try your stuff, this is a good example: lack of accessibility.

#79 jtnix

jtnix

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • I like to play:Star Wars: The Old Republic, Everquest, Everquest II, Neverwinter Online

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostDankoB, on 03 July 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

Okay, I deleted it entirely from the user.reg...simply unchecking it in config utility did nothing. I also had csmt unchecked in WS screen options.

Unfortunately I have the same issue. I will re-run through the quirks when I get some more time.

When you are in winecfg / Libraries, and you double click an existing library entry (one you've already added) the popup lists several load-precedence options, the last one is 'disabled'  I think Slice is recommending you select this option next to the wined3d-csmt.dll instead of simply removing it or setting registry keys manually.

For the record, I've never had too much success repeatedly reconfiguring a Wineskin or native wine wrapper - after two or three 're-configs' that require removing or adding DLL support or winetricks apps, I always run into issues I can never resolve without a fresh wrapper.  For this reason, I now try to keep a written log of config changes I make to each wrapper, so I can recreate a wrapper 'from scratch' with the best settings.

#80 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:40 PM

View Postjtnix, on 03 July 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

LZMA now, seriously? like 7z from doh wasn't enough :wacko:

If you're wondering why more people don't try your stuff, this is a good example: lack of accessibility.
Sorry, my system just tuned for LZMA.
I repack WrapperUpdate to 7z and renew link in topic.

#81 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:18 PM

View Postjtnix, on 03 July 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

When you are in winecfg / Libraries, and you double click an existing library entry (one you've already added) the popup lists several load-precedence options, the last one is 'disabled'  I think Slice is recommending you select this option next to the wined3d-csmt.dll instead of simply removing it or setting registry keys manually.

For the record, I've never had too much success repeatedly reconfiguring a Wineskin or native wine wrapper - after two or three 're-configs' that require removing or adding DLL support or winetricks apps, I always run into issues I can never resolve without a fresh wrapper.  For this reason, I now try to keep a written log of config changes I make to each wrapper, so I can recreate a wrapper 'from scratch' with the best settings.

I understood that part, but when I enable Staging in WineCFG it does not automatically add wined3d-csmt to the libraries pane...therefore, had I added it myself...yes I would have disabled it there but like I said there is no Libraries > wined3d-csmt listed to disable after enabling it through Wine. I will try adding it and setting it to disabled but I've never had to before to see the CSMT functions within my wrappers.

#82 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:42 AM

What are you doing? Trying to enable CSMT functions? I asked you disable them and do not use wined3d-csmt.dll for this test.

CSMT technology was invented for wine-1.7.2 by Stefan Dosinger but then dropped and he works with wine-hq now. Enthusiasts  continue to support those codes by including them into wine-staging. But wined3d is significant changed since those revision. 1.7.2 -> 1.7.46 and nobody is able to adopt CSMT ideas to new wined3d. So why you can switch between wined3d-1.7.46 and wined3d-csmt-1.7.2. And I asked you to try wined3d-1.7.46.
In my project I am keeping both version with switch inside Config Utility-> Stage tab.

There is also Registry Editor with CSMT enable/disable. It works inside wined3d-csmt by enabling<->disabling some features but inside wined3d-csmt.

Look also discussion at https://bugs.wine-st..._bug.cgi?id=279

#83 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:24 AM

Posted by Sebastian Lackner on 2015-03-21 10:08

Hello,
I'm one of the Wine Staging developers and would like to offer my help. I know maintaining Wine versions is a lot of effort, so I can perfectly understand that you want to keep the number of versions as small as possible. Nevertheless it seems like there are a lot of people interested (was asked via IRC already several times), so I would also vote for this idea. ;)
If there are any technical issues or questions you have, just contact me (via email or in our IRC channel #wine-staging on Freenode) or open a discussion in our bugtracker (bugs.wine-staging.com).
Regards,
Sebastian

Posted by dankoB on 2015-03-25 15:28

Hi Sebation, I've downloaded your wine-staging-master release for 1.7.39 and now have a working engine for Wineskin. Are there any important registry values that will help us take full advantage of the implemented changes?

Posted by Sebastian Lackner on 2015-03-26 17:15

Hi,
sorry for the delayed response, but somehow I got no notification email, although I entered it correctly. ^^
There are indeed a couple of registry keys, the most important ones:
* Dll Redirects, see https://github.com/w.../DLL-Redirects.
The keys are
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\DllRedirects
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\app.exe\DllRedirects
The key/value pairs all have type REG_SZ, the key is the name of the old dll and the value is the name of the new replacement dll. For example wined3d=&quot;wined3d-csmt.dll&quot;.
* CSMT, see https://github.com/w...ging/wiki/CSMT.
By default CSMT is off, it has to be enabled using a Dll Redirct (as explained above). When wined3dt;wined3d-csmt.dll&quot; is present in the list of dll redirects it is enabled, otherwise off.
* Fast Sound Mixer, see https://github.com/w...aging/wiki/Misc
Can be customized by setting
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\DirectSound\HQBuffersMax
to a DWORD specifying the number of buffers. When the application tries to mix more buffers than the specified number, the fast sound mixer will be used instead of the slow (but more exact) one. This is mainly a performance optimization, setting it 0 will always use the fast sound mixer.
* Environment variable STAGING_WRITECOPY.
By setting it to a nonzero value (for example 1) it will activate the fix for https://bugs.winehq....g.cgi?id=29384. Using registry values was not possible because the value is required directly on the startup of Wine. The bugfix is behind an environment variable switch because there is a high risk that it reveals additional Wine bugs.
--
There are a couple more settings and features, but they might not work correctly on MacOS yet. CUDA for example was not tested on MacOS so far (and might need some changes to be compatible), but we would really appreciate if some people experienced with building wine could work with us together, to get that done. The newly introduced feature for shared memory wineserver communication is also not available yet, because it uses a specific kernel feature, which is not present on MacOS. We are planning to add compatibility code for other operating systems soon.
If you have any additional questions, just ask.
Best regards,
Sebastian

source: http://wineskin.urge...s_parentId=6000

#84 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:21 PM

Wouldn't removing the dll redirect reg entry manually from user.reg be the exact same thing as using any of the options in Wine to do it automatically...ie...reg edit, wine cfg, or within the libraries tab? I rarely use any of these in Wineskin but instead use XCode to open the user.reg and manually edit it myself.

#85 jtnix

jtnix

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:15 AM

View PostDankoB, on 03 July 2015 - 09:18 PM, said:

I understood that part, but when I enable Staging in WineCFG it does not automatically add wined3d-csmt to the libraries pane...therefore, had I added it myself...yes I would have disabled it there but like I said there is no Libraries > wined3d-csmt listed to disable after enabling it through Wine. I will try adding it and setting it to disabled but I've never had to before to see the CSMT functions within my wrappers.

I've noticed that some entries in Libraries need to be manually entered, even though they are not in the prepared list.  A good example was Slice's previous suggestion for me to use d3d11 native library.  I couldn't find it in the list, but when I manually add that entry as native, Neverwinter Online had no problem starting with Slice's last engine that does not have the D3D11 stubs included in the Staging release that are normally required.

Did manually adding the 'disabled' entry for wined3d-csmt get rid of that log entry you were seeing that it was still enabled?

#86 jtnix

jtnix

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:17 AM

View PostSlice, on 03 July 2015 - 03:40 PM, said:

Sorry, my system just tuned for LZMA.
I repack WrapperUpdate to 7z and renew link in topic.

Thank-you !!  :D

#87 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:46 AM

I just removed it completely which would enable the default setting for it, I believe anyway; and seeing as Slice said it depends on his compiled wined3d I would expect that it would be the default setting.

In my user.reg I see these:

[Software\\Wine\\AppDefaults\\xrEngine.exe\\DllRedirects] 1430242570

[Software\\Wine\\DllRedirects] 1426347637
"wined3d"="wined3d-csmt.dll"

I edit to look like these:

[Software\\Wine\\AppDefaults\\xrEngine.exe\\DllRedirects] 1430242570

[Software\\Wine\\DllRedirects] 1426347637

#88 delta1262

delta1262

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris (1536 MB)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • I like to play:Mount and Blade: Warband

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:34 AM

What happened here

#89 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:59 AM

Slice seems to have stopped working on this particular project...still checks out the forums every now and again though.

#90 delta1262

delta1262

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris (1536 MB)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • I like to play:Mount and Blade: Warband

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:09 AM

Such a shame... Still rocking a wrapper with his libs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users