• Create Account

Hi DankoB, your Mass Effect v1.02 + M.E.U.I.T.M doesn't work on my mac. Could you please help me?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ShuKlose

ShuKlose

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:51 AM

Hi Danko,

So I downloaded the game through torrents. After moving the mass effect app from the .dmg file to my game folder, I am not able to play it.

When I click the app icon, nothing happens.

So, I checked with my task manager. It does seem to appear for a few seconds, when I click it. It doesn't occupy much of my RAM though. And then after a few seconds it disappears.

Why does this happen?

I have a 256 MB Nvidia Geforce 320M graphics card and 2 GB ram. Is this the reason? Is it really low?

Because last time I had a windows partition on my mac and the game ran flawlessly. Now I don't have windows and wanna play it on OSX Lion platform. But it doesn't seem to work. Please help. Thanks.

#2 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:15 PM

Go to HOME/Your HD/Documents/Bioware/

Delete the config folder and allow Mass Effect to reset it's configuration upon launch. I'm not sure if this is exactly why it's happening but it could be a possibility.

If this doesn't work please hold alt/option when launching and this will start the Wineskin.app. Click Advanced > Tools and use the test run button. This will provide log files after it closes. If you provide us with your lastrunwine.log it may give better detail as how to fix the issue.

Good luck!

#3 ShuKlose

ShuKlose

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:20 PM

View PostDankoB, on 30 September 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

Go to HOME/Your HD/Documents/Bioware/

Delete the config folder and allow Mass Effect to reset it's configuration upon launch. I'm not sure if this is exactly why it's happening but it could be a possibility.

If this doesn't work please hold alt/option when launching and this will start the Wineskin.app. Click Advanced > Tools and use the test run button. This will provide log files after it closes. If you provide us with your lastrunwine.log it may give better detail as how to fix the issue.

Good luck!

So Hi again,

I wasn't able to find the bioware folders on my mac. The only place where I do find one is when I right click the app and select show package contents. Even there I couldnt find any folder like "config".

But I did do your second step. So here is the log. It says segmentation fault 11.

/Users/Abilash/Desktop/Game/Masseffect/Mass Effect.app/Contents/Frameworks/wswine.bundle/bin/wine: line 2:  2400 Segmentation fault: 11  "$(dirname "$0")/Mass Effect557849376Wine" "$@"

I have no Idea what it means though. Thanks for the help again.

#4 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:26 PM

The MEUIT mod is a very stressful addition to the game. It could be that your hardware just isn't compatible...You could try removing the files from the wrapper and drop in just the ME files without the mod. It will likely work. I was able to run the un-modded version on my old ATI X1600 with only 128MB. I'm sure your system will run the game but perhaps not a version with such a large overhaul.

#5 ShuKlose

ShuKlose

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:53 PM

View PostDankoB, on 30 September 2015 - 08:26 PM, said:

The MEUIT mod is a very stressful addition to the game. It could be that your hardware just isn't compatible...You could try removing the files from the wrapper and drop in just the ME files without the mod. It will likely work. I was able to run the un-modded version on my old ATI X1600 with only 128MB. I'm sure your system will run the game but perhaps not a version with such a large overhaul.

Thank you very much DankoB,

I guess I would have to learn the basics of wrapping first. Whatever you said doesn't get in to this girl's head. I will have to ask my little brother for help. Thank you so much though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users