Master Member

• Members
  • 1248 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:16 AM

I've had several occasions where wrappers that I saved to non-native file systems (FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, ext4) broke. I can't put my finger on what exactly happened, but in my latest run I seemed to get dead symlinks and aliases.

I wonder if it would be a lot of work to add a section to the Update Wrapper function where it deletes and rebuilds the symlinks and aliases in the wrapper, and a section in the Change Engine function where it deletes and rebuilds the symlinks and aliases in the engine (if it does not already do that). The creation of these links should be in the installation functions in the Winery and wrapper app already, so I hope it is just a search and copy/paste job to implement this. With that in place, simply force updating the wrapper and reinstalling an engine should fix these problems for whomever has them.

On some other occasions I seem to have had permissions go bad, but I would have no idea how they would need to be fixed. Maybe those cases are just a Gatekeeper problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users