• Create Account

How to extract custom engines from wrapper?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RAS

RAS

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • I like to play:Racing, Open World RPG, Strategy, Puzzles

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:01 PM

Hello,

I updated Wineskin Winery and my wrappers to 2.6.1 and was following doh123's advice to reinstall the engines in my existing wrappers, but I don't have some of the custom engines installed in Winery. I know how to install custom engines but I can't seem to find the tar.7z file anywhere. This might be a stupid question, but is the engine file still included in the wrapper? And if so, can I extract it and use it to reinstall on the same wrapper or even on another wrapper? If not, where is the custom engine file located? Also, does anyone know if there is one place where custom Wine engines can be downloaded? As of now I only download from Winery and individual links people post to the forums.

Thanks for your help.

#2 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:46 PM

All of doh123's engines can be found here: https://www.mediafir.../8p4vcab6414gv/

The custom engine you would download along with certain wrappers is located at Contents/Frameworks as wswine.bundle. If you want to add it to your Engines list in the Library/Application Support/Wineskin/Engines location then you would first have to compress it to a .tar file and then to a .tar.7z file and simply place it in the folder for Winery to find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users