#1 JoshChilders

JoshChilders

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 3000
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:29 AM

Hi, so I have spent hours reading different tutorials on wineskin and downloading windows games onto a mac through wineskin in order to try and get Final Fantasy XIII to work. I already bought the game on steam, and was able to install it through a steam for windows wrapper. Sadly, that's as far as I've been able to get, though. So, I would really love either a wrapper specifically for this game to be made, or just a tutorial on how I can make one myself. Honestly, just anything to get the game working would be appreciated. I don't really care how it's done (as long as it's legal). Thanks!

#2 genunlimited

genunlimited

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 4670
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:22 AM

Did you ever get this to work?  I've got it installed into Steam, but can't get it to open... Used Winetricks to install ( dotnet20, dotnet40, xact_jun2010 and d3dx9 ) no luck...

#3 JoshChilders

JoshChilders

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 06:04 PM

Nah man sorry. I spent a while on it trying to get it to work but ended up just using BootCamp with Windows 8.1 instead

#4 RastaFabi

RastaFabi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD 4000, 1536MB dynamic, shared
    NVIDIA GTX 750Ti, 2048MB, eGPU (Thunderbolt)
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:44 PM

According to the AppDB (Application Database) on WineHQ it should work. You might want to try this or this as it's advertised to work with the steam release.

#5 JoshChilders

JoshChilders

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:12 AM

Thanks man I'll give that a try

#6 JoshChilders

JoshChilders

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:06 AM

Update:

I created a new blank wrapper with wineskin, installed steam and downloaded FFXIII. Through the instructions on RastaFabi's first link, I ran dotnet20, dotnet40, xact_jun2010, and d3dx9 in winetricks. I had some trouble getting dotnet40 to install at first but through some research and trial and error, I discovered that dotnet40 required msxm13 to be run first. So after getting dotnet40 installed (as well as the other three), I tried to run FFXIII from the wrapper and it gets so close, only to get stuck at the first time setup of "Microsoft .NET Framework". It's really quite frustrating and any advice you have would be appreciated because I'm so close I know it

#7 RastaFabi

RastaFabi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD 4000, 1536MB dynamic, shared
    NVIDIA GTX 750Ti, 2048MB, eGPU (Thunderbolt)
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:06 PM

I would suggest starting from zero again, as the trial and error procedure might have damaged the registry concerning the .NET framework (dotnet40 ~ .NET version 4.0). Else I could only suggest installing it on Windows and copying over the install directory and the registry keys if needed to circumvent the registration issue of .NET (you might also find something about "stuck on .NET setup" in the wide of the web). I hope this helps you!

EDIT: Although it usually should not make a difference you might want to install vcrun2010 and 2012 as mentioned for the steam release on winehq. d3dx9 usually is overkill too. Even more with the latest wine versions (appdb mentions 1.9 for the steam version).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users