2 replies to this topic

#1 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:19 PM

Posted Image

zeroPSX Hybrid is a heavily modified and upgraded version over the old zeroPSX Playstation Emulator.

zeroPSX Hybrid is a custom Wrapper for ePSXe.

ePSXe (enhanced PSX emulator) is an emulator of the PlayStation video game console for x86-based PC hardware. It was written by three authors, using the aliases "Calb", "_Demo_", and "Galtor". It has been described as the best freeware Playstation emulator available.
ePSXe makes use of a plugin system to emulate GPU, SPU, and CD drive functions, similar to the model first introduced in PSEmu Pro. This approach is also taken in PCSX, PCSX2, and Project64. ePSXe is closed source with the exception of the application programming interface (API) for its plugins.

Now why is it called zeroPSX 'Hybrid'?
Thats because zeroPSX Hybrid uses two emulation engines, both ePSXe 1.6.0 and ePSXe 1.7.0
Both versions of ePSXe have different compatibilities for some Games, so i've packed in both versions and you can switch between them.
While the 1.7.0 version of ePSXe has almost perfect compatibility (99% of games work), the older 1.6.0 version has some interesting and performance features that are also of value. (like the soft GPU driver works better with 1.6.0, so if you've got enough CPU Power, games look better than with any hardware plugin on 1.7.0)

A major new feature is the startup time, because of the CXS Wrapper the startup time has been drastically reduced.
old zeroPSX 1.0.5 (CX):
cold startup time: about 20 Seconds
restart time: about 5-6 Seconds

zeroPSX v2.0 Hybrid (CXS):
cold startup time: about 4 Seconds
restart time: about 2 Seconds

Another new thing is the 'Emulation Engine Selector'.  A little app that switches between the two PSX versions.
To access it, you have to right-click the zeroPSX Hybrid.app and choose 'Show Package Contents'
Looks like this then:
Posted Image

Just choose the option you want and it will automatically switch all necessary files for the new emulator engine.
The Emulation Engine Selector also switches the user.reg files where the saved plugin options are for each engine.
From here you also have easy access to the Memory Cards and you should make a backup of your savegames to somewhere else if you choose to switch over to a new engine. (all files get overwritten that way)

If you mess up a plugin configuration and don't know the standard one anymore you can also use the Emulation Engine Selector to restore the default settings by selecting the engine you used last.

zeroPSX v2.0 Hybrid
Posted Image
Unzip the file with 7zX, open the .dmg and copy the app to your Hard Drive.

Discontinued (old) Builds:
Spoiler

changelog:
-v2.0 Hybrid (26.10.09)
new Wrapper as base (CXS)
Leopard and Snow Leopard compatible
no more junk Folders in username/Library/Application Support
two emulation engines: ePSXe 1.6.0 and ePSXe 1.7.0
custom emulation engine Switcher: 'Emulation Engine Selector'
easy access to the Memory Cards for quick backup of your savegames
new user friendly Wrapper
not compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger anymore, due to the new Wrapper
(For Tiger use the 'Discontinued (old) Builds')

old zeroPSX version as a base for configurations

Known Bugs:
- sometimes there are some garbled screen effects when resuming in fullscreen mode
- clicking the 'configure Soft Video Plugin' in 1.7.0 results in a hangup

Some useful stuff:

Game Compatibility List for ePSXe V1.7.0
http://snesorama.us/...ead.php?t=32755

Game Compatibility List for ePSXe V1.6.0
http://forums.ngemu....xe-1-6-0-a.html

stay sharp
zero
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#2 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
Author

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

Topic closed, will only use this for new builds.
Feel free to make a new Topic.
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#3 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
Author

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:18 PM

updated zeroPSX to v2.5, see the newer post
-dev

- zero

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users