• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AaronBalitskyz

AaronBalitskyz

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:46 PM

First of all want to mention, I have an amateur in this, and majority of times just wing it at porting. I never checked the wine database to see weather a game or app will work. Only if it failed, only then I would check. But recently managed to get some old classics working and I am proud of the work.

I kinda went through the forum and help pages, and realised that there aren't that many porting options, but maybe I am wrong. Please update me if I am wrong but CXex central is no longer supported? Ive had it running on el cap, but no longer is there an ability to update the engines. They just won't click. Im guessing that all the hosting links are now down. Also had a look in the forum and it was said that the person behind it is no longer active. Is CXEX till a usable porting tool, or has that died back with lion?

Wine is of course a great tool that Ive used my self for years.

The reason I decided to try this out more actively is that it drives me crazy how things change so quickly, how developers neglect mac gamers, and even apple changes at such a pace that many of the ports I had and many that Ive created with CXZ back in the day have all become junk.

What are the options today? and is there still support for the CXEX central app?

cheers guys!

#2 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, Intel Iris 1536Mb
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Diablo III

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:10 PM

AaronBalitskyz, on 02 March 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

First of all want to mention, I have an amateur in this, and majority of times just wing it at porting. I never checked the wine database to see weather a game or app will work. Only if it failed, only then I would check. But recently managed to get some old classics working and I am proud of the work.

That's a good way to do it. You may find a better method than the ones in the respective app WineHQ page ;)

I kinda went through the forum and help pages, and realised that there aren't that many porting options, but maybe I am wrong. Please update me if I am wrong but CXex central is no longer supported?

What are the options today? and is there still support for the CXEX central app?

You're not wrong. The only ones which still have support are Wineskin and CrossOver. Cider seems to still work, but technically it never had support. Chromium Wrappers, CXSkin Wrappers, CXZ Wrappers and CXEx Wrappers are no longer supported.

Ive had it running on el cap, but no longer is there an ability to update the engines. They just won't click. Im guessing that all the hosting links are now down. Also had a look in the forum and it was said that the person behind it is no longer active. Is CXEX till a usable porting tool, or has that died back with lion?

It's usable if your system is 10.7.5 or older only.

The reason I decided to try this out more actively is that it drives me crazy how things change so quickly, how developers neglect mac gamers, and even apple changes at such a pace that many of the ports I had and many that Ive created with CXZ back in the day have all become junk.

You can convert your CXZ wrappers into Wineskin wrappers using the Porting Center and the Porting Kit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users