VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, Intel Iris 1536Mb
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Diablo III

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

My computer updated to 10.13.2 Beta (17C60c) yesterday. Since then, no Wine prefix creation ever completes, and all my installed wrappers stopped working:

- A X11 wrapper with vanilla Wine:
Shows WineskinX11 and the wrapper running in the Activity Monitor.

- A Mac Driver wrapper with vanilla Wine:
Shows the wrapper running in the Activity Monitor.

- A Mac Driver wrapper with Staging Wine:
Shows wine-preloader and the wrapper running in the Activity Monitor.

Someone else is also having that problem? (Please don't, please don't...)

UPDATED: Confirmed. The update seems to have broken not Wineskin, but Wine itself. I was not the only one to experience the issue:
http://forum.torrent...=12202.msg25232

The Final Fantasy XIV client seems to have broken as well, so based in the similar logs, I'm afraid that the 32 bit support on macOS may be already dead...
http://forum.square-...reak-OSX-Client

#2 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Graphics Card:6750M, OSX 10.12.2
  • I like to play:PES, COD, Grid, FNV, RO

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:47 AM

From Codeweavers forum

"We have had a few reports of CrossOver not being able to create bottles. This is caused by running MacOS HS 10.13.2 beta. We reached out to Apple about this,  they are aware of the issue, and will be resolved in an update. If it is immediate, please make sure you have a backup so you can revert to a stable OS."

#3 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:24 AM

@VitorMM

so... Does it's a different issue (regarding only 10.13.2 beta update) respect the one discussed and solved here ?

#4 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • I like to play:The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, Diablo III

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:19 PM

View PostNRG, on 08 November 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

@VitorMM

so... Does it's a different issue (regarding only 10.13.2 beta update) respect the one discussed and solved here ?

Yup. That new bug breaks Wine, not Wineskin.

#5 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:18 PM

from here:

Please be aware of Apple's terms and conditions about beta OS:

Precautions for the use of Pre-Release Software, "applications and services you have installed or been using may be unable to run or function in the same manner because of your use of the Pre-Release Software." The Pre-Release Software is not intended for use, and should not be used, in production or business-critical systems."

In short,  if you need to run the beta OS, run it on a partition or a bootable external drive.

#6 VitorMM

VitorMM

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

View PostNRG, on 08 November 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

from here:

Please be aware of Apple's terms and conditions about beta OS:

Precautions for the use of Pre-Release Software, "applications and services you have installed or been using may be unable to run or function in the same manner because of your use of the Pre-Release Software." The Pre-Release Software is not intended for use, and should not be used, in production or business-critical systems."

In short,  if you need to run the beta OS, run it on a partition or a bootable external drive.

I'm aware of that, however I needed to know if ports would still be working after that update ;)

If that bug does not gets fixed when the public version arrives, many users will have problems, and eventually everyone.

#7 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

Yup! Someone must test it and report bugs to Apple if they arrive before public release.

#8 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:58 PM

And can someone report that DirectX 11 is working on Linux but not on Mac :)

#9 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:33 PM

There's always been more implementation of DX11 in Linux. When the two newer Wolfensteins came out a couple years ago they both rated Gold in the WineHQ AppDB.

#10 Brainzyy

Brainzyy

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon R9 M370X (2GB) / Intel Iris Pro 5200
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:53 PM

View PostIncredible Hulk, on 08 November 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

And can someone report that DirectX 11 is working on Linux but not on Mac :)

View PostdankoB, on 08 November 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

There's always been more implementation of DX11 in Linux. When the two newer Wolfensteins came out a couple years ago they both rated Gold in the WineHQ AppDB.

Apple is already aware of the DirectX11 thing. They chose not to update their OpenGL implementation and came out with Metal instead. So unless there is a way to use MoltenVK (Vulkan implementation on top of Metal) or Wine implements support for Metal, DirectX11 on macOS won't happen.

EDIT: On topic of this thread, I posted a fix for this issue here: https://bugs.winehq....gi?id=43966#c14 (Thanks to Ken Thomases from Codeweavers)

#11 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:18 PM

View PostdankoB, on 08 November 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

Wolfenstein New Order and Old Blood were OpenGL games with 4.3 requirements while new one is Vulkan only.

View PostScoPezz, on 08 November 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

EDIT: On topic of this thread, I posted a fix for this issue here: https://bugs.winehq....gi?id=43966#c14 (Thanks to Ken Thomases from Codeweavers)
Nice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users