1Mac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Graphics Card:Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:51 AM

I was running Ordenador (texture optimizer, fwiw) in my Oblivion wrapper, something that I've done before without a problem. This time it didn't open right away, and perhaps foolishly, I hit "Kill Wine Processes." Now the wrapper won't launch; it won't even open and quit. I also can't run winecfg, or uninstaller, or Refresh Wrapper, or even view logs (indeed, the actual Logs folder is empty!). My other wrappers run fine, so something in particular happened to this wrapper.

This seems to be the same problem here: http://portingteam.c...working-at-all/ The solution is to "reset permissions," but I have no idea how to do that. Disk Repair doesn't seem to find anything, nor did the Terminal commands I found, so I'm not sure what I should do. I've put a crazy amount of work into modding Oblivion and would hate to lose it all, so help would be appreciated!

Edit: A solution! One that I don't really understand, but it worked. I threw away the existing Info.plist file in the Contents folder of my wrapper and replaced it with one from a fresh wrapper. I had to reset the Windows EXE in Wineskin, but after that it's running exactly as before. I'm relieved to have found a solution, but if anyone knows why it was effective, I'd appreciate knowing!

#2 astanf322

astanf322

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:gtx 750 ti
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:01 PM

Hello, great post, thanks a lot for sharing it. I’m a professional writer working for https://ewriters.pro/ and I always search for great material to help me with my writings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users