#151 dalfrede

dalfrede

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:05 PM

Wineskin Wrapper 2.8.8Beta1 with WS9Wine64Bit2.3 Installs and plays PanzerCorp 1.30 correctly
Thanks.

Wineskin Wrapper 2.8.8Beta1 with WS9Wine2.3 install fails, never creates the folders under C:\Programs .
Gives Warning window:

No new executables found!

Maybe the installer failed...?

If you tried to install somewhere other than C: drive (drive_c in the wrapper) then you will get this message too.  All software must be installed in C: drive.

Swapping out files like that is a bad idea, . . .

A debugging technique, not a problem solution.

#152 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:27 PM

View Postdalfrede, on 08 November 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

Wineskin Wrapper 2.8.8Beta1 with WS9Wine64Bit2.3 Installs and plays PanzerCorp 1.30 correctly
Thanks.
At least it’s working that’s good.

Wineskin Wrapper 2.8.8Beta1 with WS9Wine2.3 install fails, never creates the folders under C:\Programs .

1) Was WS9Wine2.3 download before via official “Wineskin Winery”?
2) Did you see the usual “wineboot” box when you created the wrapper?
3) When you used said wrapper did the install fail instantly? Or did you get to install the game but after it finished you go that error?

A debugging technique, not a problem solution.

It’s not a good idea to swap out wines files that way as wineboot.exe is linked to wineboot.exe.so and a version mismatch will break other items within wine.

Only thing that’s I found was safe was swapping out say Bcrypt from my compile into an official compile to enable working encryption (swapped from wine-Staging-3.19 official from my compile of wine-staging-3.19)

#153 dalfrede

dalfrede

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:48 PM

It works in Mojave.

View PostGcenx, on 08 November 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

1) Was WS9Wine2.3 download before via official “Wineskin Winery”?
I believe so, it was the version in my ~/Library/... directory from before I went looking for new engines.

2) Did you see the usual “wineboot” box when you created the wrapper?
Yes.

3) When you used said wrapper did the install fail instantly? Or did you get to install the game but after it finished you go that error?

The wrapper 'started' the install, the 'wine busy' window came up, 5 to 10 seconds later the 'warning box' appeared. Have to quit wine to close 'wine busy' window.
The PzC installer's 'Pick your language' window never came up. It was no install, not bad install.

#154 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:13 PM

View Postdalfrede, on 08 November 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

It works in Mojave.

I believe so, it was the version in my ~/Library/... directory from before I went looking for new engines.

Yes.

The wrapper 'started' the install, the 'wine busy' window came up, 5 to 10 seconds later the 'warning box' appeared. Have to quit wine to close 'wine busy' window.
The PzC installer's 'Pick your language' window never came up. It was no install, not bad install.

Ah ok,

Try to remove the engine and download again via “Unoffical Wineskin Winery” and try again.

Engines from doh123 we’re compiled differently, where mine are repacked from winehq directly. Maybe something in that compile does not like the newer dylibs I'm providing but official wine builds do. WS9Wine64Bit2.3 was repacked from the winehq release.

I will look into what older doh123 Engines need later if my master wrapper is missing some dylibs that they need I can always add them in later

#155 dalfrede

dalfrede

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:37 PM

View PostGcenx, on 08 November 2018 - 10:13 PM, said:

Try to remove the engine and download again via “Unoffical Wineskin Winery” and try again.

I could not find WS9Wine2.3 on the list in “Unoffical Wineskin Winery”, so i downloaded WS9Wine2.5 instead.
It works.

#156 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:55 AM

View Postdalfrede, on 08 November 2018 - 11:37 PM, said:

I could not find WS9Wine2.3 on the list in “Unoffical Wineskin Winery”, so i downloaded WS9Wine2.5 instead.
It works.

Ah yeah I forgot that was never available for download from winehq no wonder

Eventually I will compile the Wine versions missing from winehq the "Official way" then add them for download but that won't happen until my master wrapper is fully compatible with doh123 engines and also PortingKit engines.

But at least we have that cleared up and you're able to run your game again.

#157 rlevis

rlevis

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 3300
  • Operating System:Windows

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:05 AM

Has there been any progress getting microphones working on Majave?  I know several people waiting impatiently.

#158 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:21 PM

View Postrlevis, on 09 November 2018 - 02:05 AM, said:

Has there been any progress getting microphones working on Majave?  I know several people waiting impatiently.

Very slowly.

#159 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:32 AM

View Postrlevis, on 09 November 2018 - 02:05 AM, said:

looks this video:

https://youtu.be/b1UzbSfAMhY

example with skype, but should work also for other not apple apps

#160 rlevis

rlevis

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:39 AM

No, it doesn't work with WineSkin apps.  See these posts...
http://portingteam.c...120#entry107875

#161 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:18 PM

View PostNRG, on 10 November 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

looks this video:

https://youtu.be/b1UzbSfAMhY

example with skype, but should work also for other not apple apps

That does not work with Wineskin-2.8.8Beta1.

View Postrlevis, on 10 November 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

No, it doesn't work with WineSkin apps.  See these posts...
http://portingteam.c...120#entry107875

True it does not work with Wineskin-2.8.8Beta1 but what NGR is valid.

But if you want to help test this prebuilt wrapper doing what NGR said and let me know if it works for you. Ignore the lack of font smoothing at times I have not moved that function fully yet.

Edit;
I will properly just push a wrapper update with the current changes included, as it only affects Mojave users it should be a none issue.

Edit2:
I won't push that change as it needs additional work.

Edited by Gcenx, 13 November 2018 - 01:04 AM.

#162 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 12:27 PM

The new updates have resolved some issues that had prevented “Unofficial Wineskin Winery” from repacking Engines from Winehq releases.

The new master wrapper now functions correctly on OS X 10.8 and above again this was testing by running the software with a Vitrual Machine.

Wrapper will now function from 10.8 > 10.14 and the reverse.

Please note;
WineCX Engines do not currently work on 10.8 this seems to be a due to them being built with XCode Command Line Tools, when I have them functional on 10.8 i will replace them

#163 junme

junme

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon R9 M395 2048 MB

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:10 PM

there is no EXE Flags: field, I have an app that I usually open a file with this any way to do that ? thanks

ok got it sorted just added it after the exe path:   space  "path to file"

#164 xenio

xenio

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:MacMini

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:35 PM

In the original Wineskin you can quit apps with the Mac Os standard shortcut CMD+Q, in your fork I have to press CMD+ALT+Q.
Is there some way to have the standard quit shortcut?
I use Wineskin with an old app for Windows, "Mailwasher", it is a spam filter for email and I launch it tons of time in a day.
Thanks.

#165 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 09:04 PM

View Postxenio, on 01 January 2019 - 05:35 PM, said:

In the original Wineskin you can quit apps with the Mac Os standard shortcut CMD+Q, in your fork I have to press CMD+ALT+Q.
Is there some way to have the standard quit shortcut?
I use Wineskin with an old app for Windows, "Mailwasher", it is a spam filter for email and I launch it tons of time in a day.
Thanks.

For anyone else who may ask that question later the answer is currently no, that a wine issues.

VitorMM's answer from GitHub

In fact, the original Wineskin also requires ALT if you are using Mac Driver instead of X11. X11 is about to die in the next macOS version, so Mac Driver is pretty much the only option on long term.
The definition of using Cmd+Alt+Q is hardcoded in Wine, so there isn't an option to change it. I have a plan on long term which "may" create a workaround, but I can't promise anything for now.

#166 rlevis

rlevis

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:23 AM

I hear Crossover 18 fixes the microphone problem on Mojave. Any chance this is available in WineSkin beta?

#167 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:32 AM

Yes, it is. Or at least you can find it here and download.

#168 tkid1412

tkid1412

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:Radeon Pro 560X

Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:38 PM

Hi,

I have tried to install my windows playable version of PES 2019 to my macbook.
However, I got this error "wine: Bad EXE format for C:\Program Files\Pro Evolution Soccer 2019\Settings.exe."
My macOS is mojave.
How can I fix this?

Thanks

#169 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:22 PM

This is a topic for Wineskin Discussion, and not Wineskin Development. But I think PES 2019 is most likely a 64bit program, and you installed a 32bit engine. It has nothing to do with Mojave.

Not that installing a 64bit engine will probably not help, as PES 2019 is probably a DX10 or DX11 game, and may not have a DX9 fallback mode. Wine on Mac does not support those graphics frameworks yet, so you may have to wait for some time.

#170 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:01 PM

View Postrlevis, on 15 January 2019 - 12:23 AM, said:

I hear Crossover 18 fixes the microphone problem on Mojave. Any chance this is available in WineSkin beta?

The microphone issue is due to how Wineskin launches wine, so using WineCX18.1.0 won’t get the microphone working within Wineskin. Eventually I will get the launch code rewrote to get it functional but that won’t be for a good while.

#171 rlevis

rlevis

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:29 AM

Please move this near the top of the list.  I know of dozens of people that need this.

#172 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:11 AM

View Postrlevis, on 16 January 2019 - 12:29 AM, said:

Please move this near the top of the list.  I know of dozens of people that need this.

I'm sorry but I won't be making that a priority anytime soon even I'm running Mojave.

Why don't I want to deal with that?;
Simple if it was something that was easy VitorMM or myself would have already done it.
I have only recently got the project working correctly on OSX10.8 again, messing with WineskinLauncher could break compatibility with lower versions again and only fixing a small problem on Mojave is not currently something I care for at this time.

The closest thing to accomplishing the above will be a reworked "Command Line Wine Test" function, if I'm able to launch wine in the correct way for that, then I can worry about making all the required changes to WineskinLauncher for Mojave but I can't risk break compatibility with lower OSX versions.

#173 brymaster

brymaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:01 PM

View PostGcenx, on 17 January 2019 - 02:11 AM, said:

I have only recently got the project working correctly on OSX10.8 again

Any reason to invest time supporting such an old release of OS X? As far as browser and security updates, Apple supports the latest macOS version + the two previous. Supporting much more than that cannot possibly be worth the effort.

#174 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:32 AM

View Postbrymaster, on 17 January 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

Any reason to invest time supporting such an old release of OS X? As far as browser and security updates, Apple supports the latest macOS version + the two previous. Supporting much more than that cannot possibly be worth the effort.

Because that was one of the goals for the gitHub project to keep support for the lowest version of OS X possible and that ended up being 10.8.
The reason 10.6/10.7 were dropped is due to the removal of WineskinX11 or those might have still be supported.

Also its a case of why not? Wine versions are pulled from winehq except WineCX compiles but those can also still work on 10.8 just newer features like Gnutls/MoltenVK won't function on anything below 10.11.

#175 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Graphics Card:6750M, OSX 10.12.2
  • I like to play:PES, COD, Grid, FNV, RO

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:28 PM

I tested 2.9.3beta via PortingKit and you and VitorMM did a really good job. We can even encourage new users here to use PortingKit and look here for more beta and advanced stuff.

I just have few games unrecognizing my generic USB PS2/3 gamepad with x360ce or when recognized, d-pad push is triggered 2 times. It works on regular Wineskin and same WineStaging engine. Is there anything different in gamepad setup with unofficial Wineskin update or did I just missed some winetricks install?

#176 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:14 PM

View PostIncredible Hulk, on 20 January 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

I tested 2.9.3beta via PortingKit and you and VitorMM did a really good job. We can even encourage new users here to use PortingKit and look here for more beta and advanced stuff.

Thanks, soon PortingKit will eventually default to using Unofficial in most cases especially now I got copy of Gnutls that functions on OSX10.9 I’m sure VitorMM and PaulTheTall will rather deal with less workarounds for downloands if possible.

View PostIncredible Hulk, on 20 January 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

I just have few games unrecognizing my generic USB PS2/3 gamepad with x360ce or when recognized, d-pad push is triggered 2 times. It works on regular Wineskin and same WineStaging engine. Is there anything different in gamepad setup with unofficial Wineskin update or did I just missed some winetricks install?

That sounds strange but no I don’t do anything too different than official did for dylib loading I expanded it to ensure the dylibs Wineskin provides are used.

The official version of Wineskin uses a very old copy of winetricks where Unofficial downloands the latest version when you first enter the winetricks menu within that wrapper, that’s why it takes a little while to load up the very first time as I don’t want to keep shipping outdated an outdated winetricks version since that will cause me headaches on the end.

#177 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:47 PM

Yup, I noticed that winetricks now install many x64 stuff correctly unlike before. I only have problems with .NET 2.0 cause it's now install also x64 version but that's maybe cause I first installed .NET 4.6.2.

Did the update winetricks, update to correct version also?

#178 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

View PostIncredible Hulk, on 20 January 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

Yup, I noticed that winetricks now install many x64 stuff correctly unlike before. I only have problems with .NET 2.0 cause it's now install also x64 version but that's maybe cause I first installed .NET 4.6.2.

Did the update winetricks, update to correct version also?

What your trying to do is causing a conflict winetricks by default won’t allow you to install dotnet20 along with 4.x.
You would need to manually install dotnet35 first then install dotnet462 using winetricks, just be sure to use new wine version.

Winetricks is directly download from its GitHub page so what ever it avalaible Unofficial downloands on first launch of winetricks, Official bundles an old version of winetricks so you need to use the “update” button to get the latest version.

#179 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:59 PM

Thanks

#180 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 06:58 PM

View PostGcenx, on 20 January 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

... You would need to manually install dotnet35 first ...

Sorry is this using ofline installer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users