Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Unofficial Wineskin Project


  • Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#31 Gcenx

Gcenx

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:51 PM

View Post1Mac, on 28 April 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

I downloaded your dmg and Wineskin now runs fine! Thank you!

So it was you didn't do permisions like I thought, well at least you got the wrapper I made in the dmg working.

Can you now make your own wrappers?

#32 dankoB

dankoB

    Legendary Member

  • Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:28 AM

I don't know...I just downloaded the new update, and I think this work deserves to be moved over to the development section of this sub-forum. Great work Gcenx!

#33 Gcenx

Gcenx

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:14 AM

View PostdankoB, on 29 April 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

I don't know...I just downloaded the new update, and I think this work deserves to be moved over to the development section of this sub-forum. Great work Gcenx and VitorMM!!

I dont know about that all that glad your enjoying it.

What I'm posting here is just my code back-ported from the new project to the old doh123 code base, the big improvements are in the new code base that VitorMM created I'm not posting here unless I get the ok to do so I have not asked about doing that yet since VitorMM has been busy lately.


I think im going to need to check how Scene Groups release their programs, I remember seeing a DMG that runs terminal fixes the whitelisting and then mounts a new dmg that will just work as if it's signed.
That might solve the issue people keep having with not being able to run the new wrapper.

Edited by Gcenx, 29 April 2018 - 01:25 AM.


#34 1Mac

1Mac

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Graphics Card:Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:28 PM

View PostGcenx, on 28 April 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

So it was you didn't do permisions like I thought, well at least you got the wrapper I made in the dmg working.

Can you now make your own wrappers?

I haven't had a chance to try, but I'll check it out later today.

I'm not sure it was a permissions issue. I could open Wineskin just fine after clearing Apple's goofy, overwrought security, but then I'd get an interminable "Wineskin is busy; please wait" dialog. It was opening, just hanging, as I said.

I'm using Winery to make wrappers. Could that be the issue?

Or is the issue that I should have set permissions before I made my wrapper? I've been talking about opening Wineskin in the wrappers I make (again, using Winery).

#35 Gcenx

Gcenx

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:51 PM

View Post1Mac, on 29 April 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

I haven't had a chance to try, but I'll check it out later today.

I'm not sure it was a permissions issue. I could open Wineskin just fine after clearing Apple's goofy, overwrought security, but then I'd get an interminable "Wineskin is busy; please wait" dialog. It was opening, just hanging, as I said.

I'm using Winery to make wrappers. Could that be the issue?

Or is the issue that I should have set permissions before I made my wrapper? I've been talking about opening Wineskin in the wrappers I make (again, using Winery).

Using Winery is correct, this update does not change you needing to use it.

You need to have whitelisted the wineskin-2.6.2 before trying to make any wrappers or you will have a wrapper without a working prefix.

I added some addition instructions to the first post

#36 1Mac

1Mac

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Graphics Card:Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:45 PM

Alright, whitelisting your wrapper before making my own wrapper works. Thanks again for your help!

#37 Gcenx

Gcenx

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:27 AM

View Post1Mac, on 29 April 2018 - 10:45 PM, said:

Alright, whitelisting your wrapper before making my own wrapper works. Thanks again for your help!

Good I'm glad you have it working now.

#38 WhoKnows

WhoKnows

    Regular Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:45 AM

I can confirm it does NOT work yet in 10.6.8.  It churns through the creation process then gets to the part where it asks about mono and gecko.  After clicking cancel on both it hard crashes the finder and must be shutdown by holding down the power button.

It creates a crash log, the relevant portion of which is:
"Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: __tlv_bootstrap
  Referenced from: /tmp/MyCoolWrapper.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libpixman-1.0.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
in /tmp/MyCoolWrapper.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libpixman-1.0.dylib"

Essentially the libpixman library in the newer wrapper base is looking for a newer version of the libSystem.B library than is in Snow Leopard.
And that's just the first crash, if there is another library/framework that needs a newer dylib you would need to fix the libpixman first or check the requirement for the other libraries before hand.

Once you restart the computer after a crash the attempted wrapper is autodeleted from the /tmp folder at the root of the HD so it's like you never tried to create it.

Oh well, maybe someday, maybe not.

#39 Gcenx

Gcenx

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:53 PM

View PostWhoKnows, on 30 April 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

I can confirm it does NOT work yet in 10.6.8.  It churns through the creation process then gets to the part where it asks about mono and gecko.  After clicking cancel on both it hard crashes the finder and must be shutdown by holding down the power button.

It creates a crash log, the relevant portion of which is:
"Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: __tlv_bootstrap
  Referenced from: /tmp/MyCoolWrapper.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libpixman-1.0.dylib
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
in /tmp/MyCoolWrapper.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libpixman-1.0.dylib"

Essentially the libpixman library in the newer wrapper base is looking for a newer version of the libSystem.B library than is in Snow Leopard.
And that's just the first crash, if there is another library/framework that needs a newer dylib you would need to fix the libpixman first or check the requirement for the other libraries before hand.

Once you restart the computer after a crash the attempted wrapper is autodeleted from the /tmp folder at the root of the HD so it's like you never tried to create it.

Oh well, maybe someday, maybe not.

Thanks for testing it I will change the first page to reflect that, as I don't have install media for 10.6 on hand I wont be able to ensure compatibility, as I would much rather me crash my own system or VM then someone else.

I don't believe 10.6.8 users would get any benefit from this update anyway, I believe 64bit Wine can't be built for 10.6.8 only 10.8+ I could be wrong since I don't have access to 10.6.8/10.7 install media.

#40 Brainzyy

Brainzyy

    Professional Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon R9 M370X (2GB) / Intel Iris Pro 5200
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:16 AM

View PostGcenx, on 30 April 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

Thanks for testing it I will change the first page to reflect that, as I don't have install media for 10.6 on hand I wont be able to ensure compatibility, as I would much rather me crash my own system or VM then someone else.

I don't believe 10.6.8 users would get any benefit from this update anyway, I believe 64bit Wine can't be built for 10.6.8 only 10.8+ I could be wrong since I don't have access to 10.6.8/10.7 install media.

In theory, it is possible, but it is much harder. You have to get the right dependencies and all that and maintaining it would be hell. The biggest reason for not needing 64bit support on 10.6 and 10.7 is that machines that can only run those operation systems aren't strong enough to run 64bit only programs anyway.

#41 Gcenx

Gcenx

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 01 May 2018 - 03:42 PM

View PostScoPezz, on 01 May 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

In theory, it is possible, but it is much harder. You have to get the right dependencies and all that and maintaining it would be hell. The biggest reason for not needing 64bit support on 10.6 and 10.7 is that machines that can only run those operation systems aren't strong enough to run 64bit only programs anyway.

Thank you, that just confirmed my fears, since there would be no real benefit I see no point dealing with that headache.


View PostWhoKnows, on 30 April 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

I can confirm it does NOT work yet in 10.6.8
I added something for you to test out, I took the original wineskin-2.6.2 and replaced everything but the Frameworks folder.
It properly wont work with 64bit engines but might work for current and newer Staging engines I believe.


Little update about 10.6.8 support,

Thanks to WhoKnows, I have added a version for 10.6.8/10.7
That version uses the original Frameworks from stock wineskin-2.6.2, but includes all updates so if anyone does want to figure out what extra files are need to be added to Frameworks then those users be have all the benafits of this update.

Benefits for 10.6.8/10.7 Users Version;
  • MAC driver is now default like Official Wine
  • Winetricks Updated  -April 30th/2018
  • Ability to add a symlink for ~/Downloads
  • "Kill Wineskin Processes" Fixed
  • Wine process names now works for all Engine types
  • TEMP/TMP environment preset to /Users/Wineskin

- I did not remove any code related to Wine64/Staging64 creation, so if anyone wants to take the time to find what's missing it would be possible to use all the features of the main version, but remember most 10.6.8/10.7 systems properly can't run 64bit applications well anyway.

#42 1Mac

1Mac

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Graphics Card:Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:21 AM

I've another question. I've got Oblivion running with a 64-bit engine (to take advantage of LAA), but some of the modding software I'd like to use, which needs to be in the same wrapper to work, seems to want to run in 32-bit mode. This has been a problem, but one that I thought the unofficial wrapper solved, i.e. "Make 32bit_64bit mixed engines directly all needed libs included (WrapperUpdate6)." Yet it seems I'm still having an issue. It's very likely I've misunderstood or missed something!

Example is a utility called MPGUI. Here's the error in the winelog that comes up:
Spoiler
Looks like it's trying to run in 32-bit mode and can't?

#43 Brainzyy

Brainzyy

    Professional Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon R9 M370X (2GB) / Intel Iris Pro 5200
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:40 AM

View Post1Mac, on 10 May 2018 - 03:21 AM, said:

-snip-

It seems Wine is just hitting an unimplemented function, try winetricks vcrun2010 or vcrun2012.

#44 1Mac

1Mac

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Graphics Card:Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

View PostScoPezz, on 10 May 2018 - 03:40 AM, said:

It seems Wine is just hitting an unimplemented function, try winetricks vcrun2010 or vcrun2012.
I tried that and got the same error.

#45 Gcenx

Gcenx

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

View Post1Mac, on 10 May 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

I tried that and got the same error.

Then the application is still missing some other requirements, unless your saying Oblivion is not launching?
The reason I say that it simple Oblivion is a 32bit application that is 64bit aware not a true 64bit application (it can use up to 4GB of ram instead of 2.3GB), so you need to fulfill all requirements of MPGUI and the backend of said application.
I have tried a GOG setup_oblivion_1.2.0416_(12009) and the game launches and runs within a WineStaging3.464bit wrapper I made, I see processes for wine-preloader and wine64-preloader and I started to play without issue on the games side.


EDIT;
I also noticed that your running as Windows XP, any reason for you doing that?

#46 1Mac

1Mac

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Graphics Card:Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:59 PM

View PostGcenx, on 10 May 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

Then the application is still missing some other requirements, unless your saying Oblivion is not launching?
The reason I say that it simple Oblivion is a 32bit application that is 64bit aware not a true 64bit application (it can use more then 4GB of ram), so you need to fulfill all requirements of MPGUI and the backend of said application.
I have tried a GOG setup_oblivion_1.2.0416_(12009) and the game launches and runs within a WineStaging3.464bit wrapper I made, I see processes for wine-preloader and wine64-preloader and I started to play without issue on the games side.


EDIT;
I also noticed that your running as Windows XP, any reason for you doing that?

Oblivion is running just fine, it's just MPGUI that's still failing to launch.

I probably switched to XP based on some forgotten recommendation I read somewhere, but anyway switching to Windows 7 didn't change anything.

I'm going to try installing and running Construction Set Extender, which I know also needs a 32-bit environment to run (needs dotnet, among other things). That ought to show if the issue is just peculiar to MPGUI or a problem with 32-bit programs in 32-64 bit wrappers.

#47 Gcenx

Gcenx

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:00 AM

View Post1Mac, on 10 May 2018 - 10:59 PM, said:

Oblivion is running just fine, it's just MPGUI that's still failing to launch.

I probably switched to XP based on some forgotten recommendation I read somewhere, but anyway switching to Windows 7 didn't change anything.

I'm going to try installing and running Construction Set Extender, which I know also needs a 32-bit environment to run (needs dotnet, among other things). That ought to show if the issue is just peculiar to MPGUI or a problem with 32-bit programs in 32-64 bit wrappers.

Like I said Oblivion is 32bit
GOG version is LLA patched (large address aware) allowing it to use up to 4GB of ram instead of 2.3GB.
Posted Image
As you can see in the above, as long as the requirements are met the application should launch unless it's a Wine bug then that's another issue and not a Wineskin issue.

Next time please only post Wineskin related bugs, issues getting an application running is not a Wineskin issue but a dependency issue with the program you are wanting to run within the wrapper.

#48 WhoKnows

WhoKnows

    Regular Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:07 AM

View Post1Mac, on 10 May 2018 - 10:59 PM, said:

Oblivion is running just fine, it's just MPGUI that's still failing to launch.

I probably switched to XP based on some forgotten recommendation I read somewhere, but anyway switching to Windows 7 didn't change anything.

I'm going to try installing and running Construction Set Extender, which I know also needs a 32-bit environment to run (needs dotnet, among other things). That ought to show if the issue is just peculiar to MPGUI or a problem with 32-bit programs in 32-64 bit wrappers.

Did you install both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Visualc++ runtimes? (VCRun2010/2012)

Edit:
I saw this: https://bugs.winehq....ug.cgi?id=30713 as a bug fixed in the most recent version of WIne (3.8).  It doesn't list Oblivion as an app it affected but that could just be because nobody reported it or saw it as a bug.  Since you are dealing with 32 apps in 64-bit wine it might not properly see the dll.

#49 ovvldc

ovvldc

    Master Member

  • Members
  • 1248 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:19 AM

We we move that Oblivion discussion into a separate thread in the proper subforum?

#50 Gcenx

Gcenx

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:37 PM

So I have not been working on this recently but this weekend I was working on "Wineskin Navy" (VictorMM updated Wineskin)

I know winetricks has a built in "--unattended" flag so most programs can install silently or without user interaction, issue is when in that mode something might fail but most should work.

So after a discussing with VictorMM on github, it seemed possible so the picture below is my idea to make use of that flag but give the user fair warning about the feature being run.

Posted Image

When "Winetricks" is pressed if SilentMode is enabled this prompt will be show each run, unless the user Click "No"
that will disable SilentMode for all future runs unless enabled again from "Winetricks UI"

Updated Version;
Posted Image

Any thoughts or Feedback?

#51 ovvldc

ovvldc

    Master Member

  • Members
  • 1248 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:58 PM

I think I don't personally need it. I only use Winetricks when I make a new wrapper, and that is fairly rare (compared to using them). When it does happen, I need to know if something breaks.. So I do not foresee that I would use this feature too much. But maybe someone has a good use case?

#52 Gcenx

Gcenx

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:26 PM

View Postovvldc, on 14 May 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

I think I don't personally need it. I only use Winetricks when I make a new wrapper, and that is fairly rare (compared to using them). When it does happen, I need to know if something breaks.. So I do not foresee that I would use this feature too much. But maybe someone has a good use case?
I know some people would never use that feature so we though a "Warning" would be useful in this case.
It can be disabled completely by editing the plist of the master wrapper just change the new "Winetricks runs unattended" from 1 to 0 and forget about it.

I am interested in what you think regarding the implementation of this; do you think the warning would be enough for people to understand and disable it?


Usage really will depend on the user, I found it useful on Linux to silently install some items while I'm busy doing something else and are items I know won't fail.

#53 ovvldc

ovvldc

    Master Member

  • Members
  • 1248 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:08 PM

How would it silently install things while running? Did I miss some of Winetricks' functionality? I just figured it works when I configure my wrapper...

#54 ovvldc

ovvldc

    Master Member

  • Members
  • 1248 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:12 PM

I think if you put a warning there, you need to say what it could go wrong: Winetricks might fail, and you will not know about it until you run your app and it doesn't work.

#55 Gcenx

Gcenx

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:34 PM

View Postovvldc, on 14 May 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

How would it silently install things while running? Did I miss some of Winetricks' functionality? I just figured it works when I configure my wrapper...
Yeah built into the winetricks script applications have the needed silent switches that are used if winetricks is ran using "winetricks -q" or "winetricks --unattended"

View Postovvldc, on 14 May 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

I think if you put a warning there, you need to say what it could go wrong: Winetricks might fail, and you will not know about it until you run your app and it doesn't work.

VictorMM mentioned that some applications complete better when run silent, so default will be enabled for the new "Silent"


I'm not sure what the Warning should be need to keep it short and easy to understand.
It no longer disables the winedebug output unless a checkbox is enabled. (default would be disabled for this option)

Edited by Gcenx, 15 May 2018 - 02:07 AM.


#56 1Mac

1Mac

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Graphics Card:Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:23 AM

View PostGcenx, on 11 May 2018 - 04:00 AM, said:

Next time please only post Wineskin related bugs, issues getting an application running is not a Wineskin issue but a dependency issue with the program you are wanting to run within the wrapper.
Fair enough, but the difference is not always that obvious! Surely a Wineskin-related bug could be keeping a particular app from running correctly, and the only way I can tell for sure is to ask questions.

I'll move the Oblivion-specific queries to a new post and instead ask a general question: Am I wrong that in theory WIneskin Unofficial Update should be able to run both 32 and 64 bit applications in the same wrapper?

#57 Gcenx

Gcenx

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:27 PM

View Post1Mac, on 15 May 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

Fair enough, but the difference is not always that obvious! Surely a Wineskin-related bug could be keeping a particular app from running correctly, and the only way I can tell for sure is to ask questions.
Always look up the application you are wanting to use at Winehq.org first, if you use a known bad wine version for that application then you will get bad results. (Red Alert 2 works with WineCX15.3.1/WineStaging3.4 but not above due to direct-draw regressions)
Wineskin is not very lightly to stop one specific application from working when another one does.

If you disable the "Auto Detect GPU Info for Direct3D" the following is basically what Wineskin unofficial patch & Wineskin Navy does;
export WINESKIN_LIB_PATH_FOR_FALLBACK=\"{dylib paths for WineskinX11}"
export WINEDEBUG="{user set Winedebug line from application}"
export PATH=\"{register wine as a system commend for this session}"
export DISPLAY="{display settings}"
export WINEPREFIX=\"{Wine prefix inside wrapper}"
DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=\"{configure dylib paths - Frameworks folder & system paths}"
wine  \"{user configed windows app to run}" > \"{wrapper logs folder location}/LastRunWine.log\"
That is what gets passed to wine from wineskinlauncher

So when you press "Regedit" it just tells wine to launch regedit.exe
{all the things from above} wine c:\windows\system32\regedit.exe



View Post1Mac, on 15 May 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

Am I wrong that in theory Wineskin Unofficial Update should be able to run both 32 and 64 bit applications in the same wrapper?
Correct as long as you use a compatible engine. Both dankoB - Halo 2 Project Cartographer & NGR - Steam [x86_x64] both use 64bit wrappers in those ports.

#58 1Mac

1Mac

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Graphics Card:Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:08 PM

View PostGcenx, on 15 May 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

So when you press "Regedit" it just tells wine to launch regedit.exe
{all the things from above} wine c:\windows\system32\regedit.exe
Again, I'll try to keep my question general: My impression was that for LAA-functionality to actually do anything, the app had to be in a 64-bit environment. If such a game just launches in Wine in 32-bit mode anyway, does that mean it's not taking advantage of LAA, meaning there isn't a way to get LAA to work in Wine? Or does LAA work regardless of the Wine environment?

#59 ovvldc

ovvldc

    Master Member

  • Members
  • 1248 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:01 PM

I thought LAA worked just fine in 32-bit Wine. But I could be wrong.

#60 ovvldc

ovvldc

    Master Member

  • Members
  • 1248 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:04 PM

View PostGcenx, on 14 May 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

VictorMM mentioned that some applications complete better when run silent, so default will be enabled for the new "Silent"

View PostGcenx, on 14 May 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

I'm not sure what the Warning should be need to keep it short and easy to understand.
It no longer disables the winedebug output unless a checkbox is enabled. (default would be disabled for this option)

Because warnings that are long and not easy to understand get ignored or misinterpreted, and then we get people asking avoidable questions here on the forum. And that wastes everyone's time.

But I am unsure what running winetricks silently has to do with the winedebug output.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users