Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:11 PM

View Postovvldc, on 15 May 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

I thought LAA worked just fine in 32-bit Wine. But I could be wrong.
I agreed,
After reading the provided link I'm not so sure it takes advantage of the extra ram unless run within a 64bit environment.
I read else where that it does work on win32 but it due to Windows normally reserves 2GB of ram, I don't know if that same limitation would arise when using Wine to run an LLA patched program.

View Postovvldc, on 15 May 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

Because warnings that are long and not easy to understand get ignored or misinterpreted, and then we get people asking avoidable questions here on the forum. And that wastes everyone's time.
That's why I want to make the Alert simple and to the point.

View Postovvldc, on 15 May 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

But I am unsure what running winetricks silently has to do with the winedebug output.
Exactly what VictorMM also said on github, I separated Silent and "Winetricks Winedebug" have been split into separate commands now.

The original reason I had them combined is when running "winetricks --unattended" the window will be filled with output about the running process unlike when its run in normal mode, now add to that the Winedebug output and it looks crazy
But to avoid user confusion it's split into two separate options.

#62 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1258 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:45 PM

View PostGcenx, on 15 May 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

I agreed,
After reading the provided link I'm not so sure it takes advantage of the extra ram unless run within a 64bit environment.
I read else where that it does work on win32 but it due to Windows normally reserves 2GB of ram, I don't know if that same limitation would arise when using Wine to run an LLA patched program.

Does that mean I have been running Skyrim in 2GB all this time? Crikey...

But that seems unlikely, given that I added some HQ textures and it didn't die on me.

#63 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1258 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:02 AM

I have a problem that might be related to you update: I download a GOG installer (for Master of Magic) and when I ran it, the installer showed a narrow window. I could not interact with anything other than the 'close' button.

I tried to override the screen settings for the installer, but that did not work. I tried with both Wine 3.0 and the older CX 15.3.1 engines.

With the Wine 3.0 engine, the window was taller than my screen and I saw nothing. With CX15, I saw an error icon but it did nothing.

Any ideas?

#64 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:19 PM

View Postovvldc, on 18 May 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

I have a problem that might be related to you update: I download a GOG installer (for Master of Magic) and when I ran it, the installer showed a narrow window. I could not interact with anything other than the 'close' button.

I tried to override the screen settings for the installer, but that did not work. I tried with both Wine 3.0 and the older CX 15.3.1 engines.

With the Wine 3.0 engine, the window was taller than my screen and I saw nothing. With CX15, I saw an error icon but it did nothing.

Any ideas?

did you tried if with official wineskin version it happens the same?

#65 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:40 PM

View Postovvldc, on 18 May 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

Any ideas?

Strange the installer not working, since I use a lot of GOG games it should not be an issue did you install Gecko?
That game just uses doxbox, I never had any luck with dosbox games in Wineskin wrappers

View PostNRG, on 18 May 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

did you tried if with official wineskin version it happens the same?

As NRG said what about official wrapper

#66 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1258 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:06 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't actually trying to play MoM in DOSBox via Wine, just wanted to get the DOS files out of the installer (using Keka didn't work). These used to be easier to get when MoM was still abandonware ;). I wish GOG would provide an option to get MS-DOS files 'as is'.

I will try with the official wrapper, but I can't find the 2.6.2 version right now. The folder referenced here only has 2.6.0: http://wineskin.urge...page=Downloads. Will search more when I have time later.

#67 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:09 PM

View Postovvldc, on 18 May 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't actually trying to play MoM in DOSBox via Wine, just wanted to get the DOS files out of the installer (using Keka didn't work). These used to be easier to get when MoM was still abandonware ;). I wish GOG would provide an option to get MS-DOS files 'as is'.

I will try with the official wrapper, but I can't find the 2.6.2 version right now. The folder referenced here only has 2.6.0: http://wineskin.urge...page=Downloads. Will search more when I have time later.

Just move the unofficial update from
~/Library/Application Support/Wineskin/Wrapper
then use "Wineskin Winery" and click update, it will get you official 2.6.2 :P

#68 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1258 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:18 AM

OK, I tried that. When I used 2.6.2 and CX 14.1.11, I got it to install and I could pull out the files I needed.

Interestingly, I couldn't get CX 14.1.11 to install into a new wrapper in 2.6.5. However, CX 15.3 worked fine as noted before.

So there seems to be some shifts in 2.6.5 that affect compatibility with earlier wrappers. I suspect if could be that CX 14 didn't have the Mac driver working well enough, so defaulting to it will not work.

#69 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:08 PM

View Postovvldc, on 19 May 2018 - 07:18 AM, said:

OK, I tried that. When I used 2.6.2 and CX 14.1.11, I got it to install and I could pull out the files I needed.

Interestingly, I couldn't get CX 14.1.11 to install into a new wrapper in 2.6.5. However, CX 15.3 worked fine as noted before.

So there seems to be some shifts in 2.6.5 that affect compatibility with earlier wrappers. I suspect if could be that CX 14 didn't have the Mac driver working well enough, so defaulting to it will not work.

The change from 2.6.4 (I forgot to change to mac) > 2.6.5 was defaulting from X11 to mac and some more universal dylibs;

Wrapper creation should not have been affected since on build WineskinX11 is launched so it should have built the wrapper but not been able to run due to it being set for mac driver after creation, changing the setting back to use X11 should solve that.

#70 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1258 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:27 PM

Sorry, I used 2.6.5, not 2.6.4. I just checked. I used what was in my memory and it was wrong. Apologies.

But you are right, X11 should be used on setup. So I wonder why it didn't work for CX 14.1.11...

P.S. Sorry about he confusion. I am a scientist. I really should know better

#71 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:33 PM

View Postovvldc, on 19 May 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

Sorry, I used 2.6.5, not 2.6.4. I just checked. I used what was in my memory and it was wrong. Apologies.

But you are right, X11 should be used on setup. So I wonder why it didn't work for CX 14.1.11...

P.S. Sorry about he confusion. I am a scientist. I really should know better
This makes no sense, WineskinX11 should launch every time on wrapper creation or rebuild I never touched that function in this over even my fork of Wineskin Navy.....

The way I set the default display driver was "remakedefaults.reg" I changed from "x11" to "mac", simple without breaking;
WSS-wineprefixcreate
WSS-wineboot
I didn't want to change those functions since X11 is needed for some Wine engines to ever work, the newer engines Wine2.0+ do work well with MAC so they themselves launch during wrapper creation via mac, its just Wineskin that changes them to use X11 instead.

So my question would be does WineskinX11 ever launch when you make a new wrapper when using 2.6.5? (my guess is it never gets loaded)

Don't worry about it I did computer diagnostics/repair/training for a living and sometimes I blank too.

#72 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1258 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:28 AM

For some odd reason, I get the wrapper app running twice during the creation process with CX14. I guess one is the original version ~/application support/wineskin/wrapper and the other is the new one, but I cannot be sure. One of those launches X11.

If I kill the other one, the Winery reports having finished, but the wrapper process that launched X11 and wine server and a couple of wine process remains and seems hung.

#73 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:18 PM

View Postovvldc, on 20 May 2018 - 05:28 AM, said:

For some odd reason, I get the wrapper app running twice during the creation process with CX14. I guess one is the original version ~/application support/wineskin/wrapper and the other is the new one, but I cannot be sure. One of those launches X11.

If I kill the other one, the Winery reports having finished, but the wrapper process that launched X11 and wine server and a couple of wine process remains and seems hung.

No the other process is wineskinlauncher just taking on the wrappers name

But this is strange it should have affected all engines not just a single one....

#74 emendelson

emendelson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel graphics

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:51 PM

Has anyone experimented with this under Mojave? It seems that we're going to need 64-bit versions of a lot of things before it will run without warnings (or run at all under the post-Mojave OS...).

#75 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:04 PM

View Postemendelson, on 10 June 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

Has anyone experimented with this under Mojave? It seems that we're going to need 64-bit versions of a lot of things before it will run without warnings (or run at all under the post-Mojave OS...).

Not really had time since I started my new job, but I don’t see any issues with it working with Mojave and beyond the sticking point really is the Wine project once stock wine can run on Post Mojave so will Wineskin.

I already have a development branch that has everything gutted like WineskinX11/XQuartz support since it won’t be needed. Currently keeping the needed dylibs to use WineskinX11 inside the Framworks folder ends up causing other bugs due to including older versions of some dylibs. My development branch works fine but also relies on other changes that are included within that unpublished branch to even build a working wrapper.

When I get some free time I will see what else needs to be implemented then see if it’s worth releasing, or holdout longer until I have finished implementing additional changes to the internal structure.

#76 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:32 PM

View Postemendelson, on 10 June 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

I got time today and take a look but since I'm not enrolled in Apple's Developer Program (I don't pay), I don't have access to a download of Mojave at the moment.

EDIT;
I took a different route and got the Mojave installer, I didn't get to try it much last night but Wineskin did work. The currently released unofficial update will give 32bit warnings before even launching wine.

My current Development branch aimed at post Mojave only gives an 32bit warning when launching wine.
I will try to test more when I have enough free time.

The next version I release will have ALOT of changes to the structure and stripped down the included dylibs. I will be providing a different version of “Wineskin Winery.app” along with the new master wrapper.
To use the new master wrapper you will need to use the new winery.app that I will be providing.

Edited by Gcenx, 18 June 2018 - 08:02 PM.

#77 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1258 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:12 PM

Wow, I am really excited and impressed by your work. I was going to suggest that you grab the public beta that was just released and doesn't require a paid developer account, but that seems to be not needed anymore.

One practical question: did you talk to doh123 about taking on this next generation of Wineskin? You are building off her work, but she's been really quiet lately and it would be good to clear up who is responsible and gets credit for what...

#78 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:48 AM

View Postovvldc, on 18 June 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

Wow, I am really excited and impressed by your work. I was going to suggest that you grab the public beta that was just released and doesn't require a paid developer account, but that seems to be not needed anymore.
Thank you, yeah I was not sure when that would happen and if I would have the time to install then so I did a more annoying way to save myself time.

View Postovvldc, on 18 June 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

One practical question: did you talk to doh123 about taking on this next generation of Wineskin? You are building off her work, but she's been really quiet lately and it would be good to clear up who is responsible and gets credit for what...
I personally have never talked to doh123, however VitorMM & Paulthetall did, I stuck to the original license and just did some fixes/improvements. (Source Code "Wineskin Unofficial Update")

The next real Wineskin release will be from "Wineskin Community" (or directly from upstream)
VitorMM <upstream, a complete rewrite of almost everything along with improvements to GPU detection etc
All my fixes are applied Upstream.

From now on I will be using my Fork
My current branches are;
Master <upstream clone, + what ever I'm currently working on.
Development <WineskinX11 removed.
Post-Mojave <XQuartz support removed and additional changes (uploaded when it's ready)

Think of "The Unofficial Update" as more releases from my current Development Branch that will make it's way into the next official Wineskin version if deemed needed/useful.

I hope I answered your questions with the above, if you take a look over the provided github links it might answer any other questions you might have, if not just post again in the thread and I will try to answer.

#79 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1258 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:37 AM

Thanks for all that information! I didn't want to imply that you did something wrong, just thinking that the social element of taking over (some of) a project is best done explicitly and with everyone on board :).

I can see why you are removing X11 and Xquartz, and I recall that doh123 said patching it was quite a job. However, that does mean we can't run older engines anymore that do not have a Mac driver (or a crappy one). I'm not saying this is a bad move, just something to be explicit about.

#80 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Graphics Card:6750M, OSX 10.12.2
  • I like to play:PES, COD, Grid, FNV, RO

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:51 AM

Anyone know how doh123 recovery goes? She has a terrible bike accident last year.

#81 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:06 AM

View PostIncredible Hulk, on 19 June 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

Anyone know how doh123 recovery goes? She has a terrible bike accident last year.

oh... I learn about that only now!

How do you know that?

But does doh123 is a female?

#82 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Graphics Card:6750M, OSX 10.12.2
  • I like to play:PES, COD, Grid, FNV, RO

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:01 AM

View Postdoh123, on 24 June 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

I'll try to get stuff added to Winery when I can.

Was in a motorcycle wreck and busted up really bad, and long road to recovery... all surgeries done now, and starting to recover more.... sorry if seem even more slow than normal.

Thanks for doing builds!

#83 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:49 PM

View Postovvldc, on 19 June 2018 - 07:37 AM, said:

Thanks for all that information! I didn't want to imply that you did something wrong, just thinking that the social element of taking over (some of) a project is best done explicitly and with everyone on board :).

I can see why you are removing X11 and Xquartz, and I recall that doh123 said patching it was quite a job. However, that does mean we can't run older engines anymore that do not have a Mac driver (or a crappy one). I'm not saying this is a bad move, just something to be explicit about.
I know you didn’t it was more general information for everyone. I also never intended for this to be anything but an unofficial update to hold people over until doh123 could continue, then VitorMM posted about and then uploaded his improved source code and now any useful fixes are applied to the new project.

I actually do have another “development” branch already uploaded to my github with the proposed removal of just WineskinX11 since that’s a project goal.
The other branch I will be releasing here is more stable by sacrificing X11 support, part of the reason for a custom winery.app is so anyone can use both versions, so if X11 really is needed (pre wine 1.5.8 I believe) use the older version and if not use the newer version.

I will properly add a warning about it being Mac driver only, since I don’t think winery currently has the new functionality added into it to filter engines but it should have that feature later. (Can’t check right now I’m at work)

EDIT;
I was thinking of slightly editing the icons for the master wrapper & winery, like just tag them “unofficial” just so it’s possible to tell at a glance.
Unless someone wants to make me icons/banners to replace the originals within my personal releases so they don’t get confused with the main project.

Edited by Gcenx, 19 June 2018 - 05:59 PM.

#84 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1258 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:15 PM

I thought the worst was over on reading that message, but she's been very quiet...

doh123, if you are reading this: we haven't forgotten, we miss you, and we wish you all the best until you return.

#85 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:29 PM

Once I get some more free time to check over everything I will be releasing a new winery.app

That will directly download the new unofficial update directly and also currently hosts the following engines;
WS9Wine64Bit3.12
WS9Wine3.12
WS9Wine64Bit3.11
WS9Wine3.11
WS9Wine64BitStaging3.11
WS9WineStaging3.11
WS9Wine64BitStaging3.10
WS9WineStaging3.10
WS9Wine64Bit3.0.1
WS9Wine3.0.1
WS9WineCX64Bit17.5.0
WS9WineCX17.5.0

The Manual download button will take you to other compatible engines that are in a folder in my MEGA account.

But be warned that the new version will only support MAC driver no X11/XQuartz.
The advantage of dropping X11 support is much small wrapper footprint and since it only includes the minimal needed dylibs less issues due to conflicting versions.
Also includes a FontFix built in so if you happen to have homebrew/macports installed and have a broken freetype installed it will not effect Wineskin anymore.

Please Note;
When I have my “Wineskin Community” branch stable I might release another version to be used with the Stock Winery.app that will support XQuartz but I won’t be supporting within this thread.

#86 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 11:09 PM

Updated again, now both "Fixed Wineskin Winery.app" & "Unofficial Wineskin Winery.app" versions include the Engine ordering from VitorMM

#87 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:25 AM

I am not currently merging changes from upstream into this for the moment since most changes will not make any difference to this.

I will continue add/change out engines that can be downloaded directly from Winery.app and also adding them to my MEGA account that is loaded when pressing "Download Packaged Manually"

EDIT:
Once Wine 3.13 is out if it does include MoltenVK support I will update the Master Wrapper to include what is needed to make that work.

Edited by Gcenx, 15 July 2018 - 03:35 AM.

#88 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:38 AM

I don't want to bump this but I don't have a chose, the version I uploaded the updating code did not work correctly due to my changes.

I have uploaded a new version that should now update correctly from "Winery 1.7" to "Winery 1.8"

#89 brymaster

brymaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:43 AM

View PostGcenx, on 16 July 2018 - 01:38 AM, said:

I don't want to bump this but I don't have a chose, the version I uploaded the updating code did not work correctly due to my changes.

I have uploaded a new version that should now update correctly from "Winery 1.7" to "Winery 1.8"

Does not appear to be working correctly. Your new version posted on Mega just updates over and over after downloading. It looks like the version number in the bundle's plist isn't updated.

#90 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:03 AM

View Postbrymaster, on 16 July 2018 - 02:43 AM, said:

Does not appear to be working correctly. Your new version posted on Mega just updates over and over after downloading. It looks like the version number in the bundle's plist isn't updated.

Ugh, it worked on my end before I uploaded it.....

Let me just replace the one on MEGA with the current version

EDIT;
I replaced the version in MEGA with Winery 1.8 instead, so no "update", I will figure out the update issue later down the line if anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users