Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:28 AM

The following engines versions support Gnutls (Steam/Origin etc downloading and bcrypt support)

Vulkan support was also included with the 64Bit version so it might come in handy to anyone who wants to test Vulkan support (still no working DXVK for now)

Download

The new naming format;
WS10WineStagingGnutls3.13 & above < 32Bit only but has Gnutls support
WS10WineStagingVulkan3.13 & above < 64Bit Vulkan support and 32Bit & 64Bit Gnutls Support

Minimal Requirements;
  • Running the latest version of Wineskin Unofficial Update
  • OSX 10.9 for Gnutls support
  • OSX 10.11 for Vulkan support.
These Engines will function on OSX10.8 but won't get the main benefit of Gnutls support

Notice for Winehq users;
The Engines (wine compiles) provided here are for use with “Unofficial Wineskin” while they could be unpacked and used via terminal I won’t give any support for using them in that manner.

I have provided a custom “Wine Staging.app” using Wine-Staging-4.7 Including;
  • needed dylibs (no need for XQuartz)
  • winetricks (current as of 2nd May 2019)
  • ntlm_auth (needed applications/games)
  • cabextract (needed by winetricks)
  • unrar (needed by winetricks)
  • 7za (needed by winetricks)
  • Gecko installers
  • Mono installer
Unlike the official Winehq release this includes Gnutls, MoltenVK, gstreamer and FAudio is still enabled unlike the winehq Staging builds

#2 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:44 AM

View PostGcenx, on 04 September 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

The following engines supports gnuTLS & also includes the steam patch from Crossover17.5.1 (no need to Winxp now work on win7/win10)
Vulkan support was also included with the 64Bit version so it might come in handy to anyone who wants to test Vulkan support (it sucks right now tbh)

Download

this wine staging version 3.15 steam (x86) works again with Pro Evolution Soccer 2017, but it doesn't load any sound:

0075:err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"xaudio2_7.dll": dlopen(/Applications/GAMES/Pro Evolution Soccer 2017/PES2017.app/Contents/Frameworks/wswine.bundle/lib/wine/xaudio2_7.dll.so, 258): Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libavcodec.58.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/GAMES/Pro Evolution Soccer 2017/PES
0075:err:ole:COMPOBJ_DllList_Add couldn't load in-process dll L"C:\\windows\\system32\\xaudio2_7.dll"
0075:err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {5a508685-a254-4fba-9b82-9a24b00306af} could be created for context 0x1

All the wine stagings until v. 2.21  and all the crossover engines work without any issue with this game

all the officials wine staging for mac after v3 until v.3.15  crash the game during his launch

#3 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:33 PM

View PostNRG, on 04 September 2018 - 04:44 AM, said:

this wine staging version 3.15 steam (x86) works again with Pro Evolution Soccer 2017, but it doesn't load any sound:

0075:err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"xaudio2_7.dll": dlopen(/Applications/GAMES/Pro Evolution Soccer 2017/PES2017.app/Contents/Frameworks/wswine.bundle/lib/wine/xaudio2_7.dll.so, 258): Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libavcodec.58.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/GAMES/Pro Evolution Soccer 2017/PES
0075:err:ole:COMPOBJ_DllList_Add couldn't load in-process dll L"C:\\windows\\system32\\xaudio2_7.dll"
0075:err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {5a508685-a254-4fba-9b82-9a24b00306af} could be created for context 0x1

All the wine stagings until v. 2.21  and all the crossover engines work without any issue with this game

all the officials wine staging for mac after v3 until v.3.15  crash the game during his launch

You could replace with a native xaudio2_7.dll should give you audio until I add the additional dylibs to make the new implementation of xaudio work directly even thought it might not be as stable as a native version.

>libavcodec.58.dylib;
I'll need to unpack all of the ffmpeg package and add that to the master wrapper to get that working. Pretty much what I did to get Steam downloading working in the new master wrapper using this engine, I extracted all components needed by gnuTLS to get that running and added it to the new master wrapper version.

EDIT;
I have added the everything ffmpeg was asking for on my end so now I can launch Skyrim without needing to apply "winetricks xact"

Edited by Gcenx, 09 September 2018 - 01:26 PM.

#4 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:32 PM

I just built a new clean wrapper using stock Staging3.15 and Steam store worked and so did downloading from the store, seems I don't need to Steam patch next time. Only use for this now would be to test Vulkan support.

#5 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:41 PM

View PostNRG, on 04 September 2018 - 04:44 AM, said:

I had this issue with A Tale of Two Wastelands, I noticed in the logs that it was complaining about l3codecx libraries. I installed through Winetricks and sound was back to normal. Might be worth a shot.

#6 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:07 PM

View PostdankoB, on 09 September 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

I had this issue with A Tale of Two Wastelands, I noticed in the logs that it was complaining about l3codecx libraries. I installed through Winetricks and sound was back to normal. Might be worth a shot.

That might be specific to the game you tried, the error NGR had was due to the missing ffmpeg dylibs before I pushed the wrapper update from yesterday.
With the newer wrapper updated I now can launch Skyrim without it needing me to run "winetricks xact".

I'm not sure if your issue would be solved with the new update since it required "
l3codecx" but now if a game needs "Winetricks xact" for native Xaudio should now work.

#7 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1253 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:33 PM

That's nice to know, as I was planning to make a Skyrim wrapper. So now I can just use any recent engine and Skyrim will run out of the box?

#8 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:41 PM

View Postovvldc, on 09 September 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

That's nice to know, as I was planning to make a Skyrim wrapper. So now I can just use any recent engine and Skyrim will run out of the box?

Yep, just use WineStaging3.15 and it works outta box, it crashes on Exit but that even happens on Windows sometimes if you have Dawnguard DLC enabled.
You don't even need to use this Engine, I made it before checking what patches were added to Staging3.15.

#9 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 04:30 PM

I don't see the link for new engines  (dates are still 2018 09 03)

#10 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:04 PM

View PostNRG, on 09 September 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

I don't see the link for new engines  (dates are still 2018 09 03)

You don't see WineStaging3.15/WineStaging64Bit3.15 in Winery.app? I added that for repacking a good while ago.
You should also be see the current wrapper version is Wineskin-2.8.6Beta3

EDIT;
Or did you mean for manual download as yes I didn't add them for manual download as I forgot to upload them after downloading them.

Edited by Gcenx, 09 September 2018 - 05:15 PM.

#11 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:31 PM

the second one.

now I downloaded it throught unofficial wineskin app

But now PES2017 crashes (during is first launch) exactly as with  all the normal staging versions for mac released after version 3...

Edited by NRG, 09 September 2018 - 05:34 PM.

#12 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:41 PM

View PostNRG, on 09 September 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

the second one.

now I downloaded it throught unofficial wineskin app

But now PES2017 crashes (during is first launch) exactly as with  all the normal staging versions for mac released after version 3...

You updated the master wrapper version to Wineskin-2.8.6Beta3?

If so please post the log from "Test Run"

#13 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:02 PM

yes I updated it

this is the log:

https://pastebin.com/BbngG5BS

#14 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:20 PM

View PostNRG, on 09 September 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

yes I updated it

this is the log:

https://pastebin.com/BbngG5BS

Weird, so my compiled Staging3.15Steam works but the official one thats downloaded via winery.app does not work?

#15 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:36 AM

exactly

#16 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:56 PM

View PostNRG, on 10 September 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

exactly

Now that is strange, my compile should be  basically identical to the official one (steam patch is basically moot in Staging3.15)
I did disable some components that are Linux related but it should be mostly the same other then I compiled on macOS using clang and the official builds are crosscompiled using gcc on a Debian machine.

When I get home tonight I will compile a clean Staging3.15/Staging64Bit without any patches would you mind also testing that out too?

#17 1Mac

1Mac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Graphics Card:Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB

Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:51 PM

All the Skyrim talk here: are we talking about Skyrim Special Edition?

#18 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:11 PM

View Post1Mac, on 11 September 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

All the Skyrim talk here: are we talking about Skyrim Special Edition?

Afraid not for the moment. Once MoltenVK has all missing extensions then it’s possible we could use DXVK to run it since I believe Skyrim SE is 64Bit

#19 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1253 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:07 AM

I've tried the WineStaging3.15gnuTLS engine, and I can get Skyrim to work. SKSE_loader seems not to work (SkyUI turns itself off), so I am still messing with it.

Specifically, I start SKSE_loader from Wineskin, and that in turn starts Steam and that seems to start the Skyrim launcher, and then that can start the game but no SKSE gets injected :(. Should I use the SKSE plugin preloader (https://www.nexusmod...rim/mods/75795/)? Or is there another solution? Also, installing and setting msvcr90 to native did not work. Or maybe it is this bug: https://www.winehq.o...uly/446947.html

I did notice the following in my Wine log, which if followed by a lot of errors and seems to point to an oversight on your end:
00be:err:d3d:wined3d_check_gl_call >>>>>>> GL_INVALID_ENUM (0x500) from extension detection @ /Users/gcenx/Downloads/wine-3.15/./dlls/wined3d/adapter_gl.c / 3674.

I also see the following:
0063:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk "comctl32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
Does that mean I should install a native version? Answer: for some reason, that does not help. But I think that I've seen this quite often.

#20 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1253 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:10 AM

Another question, due to my head being overstuffed lately: Should I use a 64bit engine to smooth transition into Mojave and the 64bit future? If so, I will add to my post for beginners.

#21 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:21 PM

View Postovvldc, on 12 September 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

I've tried the WineStaging3.15gnuTLS engine, and I can get Skyrim to work. SKSE_loader seems not to work (SkyUI turns itself off), so I am still messing with it.

Specifically, I start SKSE_loader from Wineskin, and that in turn starts Steam and that seems to start the Skyrim launcher, and then that can start the game but no SKSE gets injected :(. Should I use the SKSE plugin preloader (https://www.nexusmod...rim/mods/75795/)? Or is there another solution? Also, installing and setting msvcr90 to native did not work. Or maybe it is this bug: https://www.winehq.o...uly/446947.html

I did notice the following in my Wine log, which if followed by a lot of errors and seems to point to an oversight on your end:
00be:err:d3d:wined3d_check_gl_call >>>>>>> GL_INVALID_ENUM (0x500) from extension detection @ /Users/gcenx/Downloads/wine-3.15/./dlls/wined3d/adapter_gl.c / 3674.

I also see the following:
0063:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk "comctl32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
Does that mean I should install a native version? Answer: for some reason, that does not help. But I think that I've seen this quite often.

I have not even tried to use SKSE with the current Wine versions so I don’t really know what’s gonna be required o get it working without looking into it on my end.

That error is not an issue with the compile but an issue with that line upstream, I got some confirmation before posting back so not the only one seeing that issue and they are not using my compile.

Not loading the file I’m not sure what the issue is with that but yeah I have seen that before I think even in Crossovef.

The trunk error is the new trunking feature added to staging instead of faking the trunking in Windows they are currently trying to build it into Wine instead of passing off assembly code back as a response like it use too, that’s what cause things like Steams web store to not work and also why most anti cheat systems fail to work with wine.

View Postovvldc, on 12 September 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

Another question, due to my head being overstuffed lately: Should I use a 64bit engine to smooth transition into Mojave and the 64bit future? If so, I will add to my post for beginners.
It currently makes no difference if your using 32Bit or 64Bit for Mojave since even 64Bit engines still contain 32bit components, this is more a winehq issue they need to finish getting wine to run on only 64Bit threads even for for 32Bit components
Wineskin is already 64Bit bar WSGamma.

Post-Mojave should be the removal of 32bit and the time we really need to be worried about of codeweavers are not finished with there solution in time, if Wineskin then needs to make changes to run said new Wine versions we will, properly just blocking off old wine versions that won’t work and only showing compatiabke versions will cause less issues.

#22 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1253 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:03 PM

View PostGcenx, on 12 September 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

I have not even tried to use SKSE with the current Wine versions so I don’t really know what’s gonna be required o get it working without looking into it on my end.

You played Skyrim unmodded? Interesting.

I intend to mod it reasonably, even beyond giving everyone sleeves and exchange cleavage for actual protection... SKSE has some stability fixes, and SkyUI is very nice.

#23 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:05 PM

View Postovvldc, on 12 September 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

You played Skyrim unmodded? Interesting.

I intend to mod it reasonably, even beyond giving everyone sleeves and exchange cleavage for actual protection... SKSE has some stability fixes, and SkyUI is very nice.

Yeah I didn’t get to finish stock Skyrim with everything else I have on hand including my Switch 😁
I do remember installing it at one point with some other mods so I could bypass the intro etc and I know it worked but I can’t remember the wine version I had used at the time 😕.

I also sent you a PM about that d3d error

#24 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 08:57 PM

I added Staging3.17 versions for download slight change in the naming used, this will be the naming going-forward to help distinguish repacked/old engines from compiled engines.

Ensure you are using the newest version of Winery currently 1.9.5, that should order them in Winery correctly.
The Engine ordering within Wineskin.app for engine change is not updated that will be done eventually.

#25 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1253 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 06 October 2018 - 09:08 PM

It updates to Wineskin-2.8.7Beta1 now, correct?

#26 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 10:15 PM

View Postovvldc, on 06 October 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

It updates to Wineskin-2.8.7Beta1 now, correct?

Yep that version is also stable for Mojave no more stupid 100%+ CPU with "tccd" on launch

#27 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:37 PM

I have removed all versions for the moment once they are recompiled I will add them back starting with;
WS10WineStagingVulkan64Bit3.21
WS10WineStagingGnutls3.21

I will be building down from Wine Staging 3.21 to Wine Staging 3.13.
The Steam patch will not be included as it now needs some additional patches that I have not yet managed to extract from CrossOver18.1.0.

If your only interest in these builds is a working Steam Store then download WS10WineCX18.1.0 or WS10WineCX64Bit18.1.0 as those have a working Steam Store, if your version of OSX/macOS supports the needed SSL/TLS version for Steam to function.

#28 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1253 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 23 December 2018 - 09:00 PM

View PostGcenx, on 23 December 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

If your only interest in these builds is a working Steam Store then download WS10WineCX18.1.0 or WS10WineCX64Bit18.1.0 as those have a working Steam Store, if your version of OSX/macOS supports the needed SSL/TLS version for Steam to function.

Any idea which those are. I assume that High Sierra and Mojave can run it, as those typically get security patches. But who else got TLS 1.3?

#29 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 09:41 PM

View Postovvldc, on 23 December 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

Any idea which those are. I assume that High Sierra and Mojave can run it, as those typically get security patches. But who else got TLS 1.3?

I would guess down to OS X 10.10 Yosemite since that's the lowest version supported by CrossOver18.1.0, below that it may not work.

OSX 10.9 Mavericks has TLS1.2 support so that's now able to load the Steam Store and download without workarounds. OSX10.8 is another story.

Also it's lightly only TLS1.2 that's required not TLS1.3 I don't even think Windows has TLS1.3 yet I remember a wine bug saying it should not advertise TLS1.3 when Windows only has TLS1.2 max

Currently Windows max is TLS1.2 so that's good for anyone using an older version of OSX.

Edit;
I might be recompiling these again soon but cross-compiling that will solve the need to disable the steam overlay and also fix regedit on 64Bit versions.

Edited by Gcenx, 20 January 2019 - 04:50 AM.

#30 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:16 AM

I have added a little test candidate for download.

WS10WineStagingVulkan64Bit3.21 within the folder “Cross-Compiled Engine - TEST” on MEGA

As the folder name says it was built via cross-compiling wine from within docker. This engine unlike the other 64Bit compiles does have working regedit.

It’s currently missing ffmpeg at compile time so no included Xaudio and also no mpg123. I will be looking into adding those later down the line but it does include added support for VKD3D1.1 this will be added to the next wrapper update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users