- Download Unofficial Wineskin Winnery 1.8.3
https://github.com/G...ases/tag/V1.8.3
- Open it and click update if needed.
- Click "Download Packages Manually"
- Download latest WS10WineVulkan... engine
- Put the downloaded file to User/Library/Application Support/Wineskin/Engines
- In Wineskin Winnery chose "Create new blank wrapper"
- Chose the latest WS10Wine Vulkan engine
- Congrats! You now have Your own WinePC.
- Right click created wrapper->show package content-> open Wineskin app
- Install your software
- Additionally choose "Advanced"->"winetricks" for installing additional Windows components and software (DirectX, .NET, Steam etc.)

#92 doepfer

doepfer

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Graphics Card:750TI
  • Operating System:OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)

Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:13 PM

Okay so here's a video detailing my issues.
My goal is to be able to play the new World of Warcraft Classic using a faster 3D emulation, I found about Vulcan support on Reddit.
Downloaded Wineskin, put the files in ~/Application Support/Wineskin/Engines
Created a new wrapper using 4.15
Choose the Blizzard Setup Executable, no luck.

What am I doing wrong?
Here's a video detailing it.
https://www.youtube....h?v=io_NqmjBj_Q

#93 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Graphics Card:6750M, OSX 10.12.2
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:PES, COD, Grid, FNV, RO

Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:56 PM

Vulkan support on Mac Wine is still in infancy.
Wait few months cause Codeweavers must come with some solutions the day Catalina launch.

#94 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:47 PM

View PostGcenx, on 02 September 2019 - 03:13 AM, said:

Uploaded WS10WineStagingVulkan64Bit4.15

Upstream wine has added additional requirements again that caused other issues when updating my setup, well it's all working again for now.......
Could this patch help?
https://source.wineh...hes/data/169321

#95 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:58 PM

View Postdoepfer, on 02 September 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

Hi,
I wanted to get Vulkan Support to be able to play more graphic intensive games on my Mac.
I am in no way familiar with Wine or Wineskin. There have been no clear and intuitive instructions as to how to get this custom build running.
I have no idea what "unofficial wineskin" is referring to, nor where to get it.
Can someone please give me easy and clear instructions how to get this running?

You won't be playing any newer games using Vulkan builds on macOS for the moment, use Parallels 15 or Bootcamp if you need to play anything above DirectX9.
Unofficial Wineskin thread is posted on this form, the instructions are clear you must use my version of Wineskin.
The ReadMe I provided at request includes includes where to install Engines and how to correctly use the provided Runtimes, it even includes instructions for using the provided Engines outside of Wineskin.

View PostIncredible Hulk, on 02 September 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

- Download Wineskin Winery 1.8.3
- Open it and click update if needed.
- Click "Download Packages Manually"
- Download latest WS10WineVulkan... engine
- Put the downloaded file to User/Library/Application Support/Wineskin/Engines
- In Wineskin Winnery chose "Create new blank wrapper"
- Chose the latest WS10Wine Vulkan engine
- Congrats! You now have Your own WinePC.
- Right click created wrapper->show package content-> open Wineskin app
- Install your software
- Additionally choose "Advanced"->"winetricks" for installing additional Windows components and software (DirectX, .NET, Steam etc.)

Only tweak I would say is linking to my thread for Unofficial watch the linked video to see why.

View Postdoepfer, on 02 September 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

Okay so here's a video detailing my issues.
My goal is to be able to play the new World of Warcraft Classic using a faster 3D emulation, I found about Vulcan support on Reddit.
Downloaded Wineskin, put the files in ~/Application Support/Wineskin/Engines
Created a new wrapper using 4.15
Choose the Blizzard Setup Executable, no luck.

What am I doing wrong?
Here's a video detailing it.
https://www.youtube....h?v=io_NqmjBj_Q

You didn't use Unofficial Wineskin you tried to use the official release along with Wineskin-2.6.2 that's not compatible with WS10 Engines even if you attempted to replace the Runtime with my provided one (you also didn't install the runtime correctly I gave instructions within the ReadMe on its usage)

Second your wanting to run WoW Classic, use the official client don't attempt to use Wineskin + Vulkan + DXVK as it's not going to work.
Vulkan support that's rather basic is only Vulkan 1.0 compliant (current DXVK needs Vulkan-1.1 or higher) but still missing some extensions needed by older DXVK releases.
MoltenVK AKA Vulkan over Metal requires a minimum of macOS 10.11 to get super basic support, the preferred requirement for wine would be macOS 10.13 or even 10.14. Even better would be 10.15 once wine can run on a pure 64Bit environment due to Metal 3.0 now providing many more extensions natively within Metal so less work for MoltenVK

View PostIncredible Hulk, on 02 September 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

Vulkan support on Mac Wine is still in infancy.
Wait few months cause Codeweavers must come with some solutions the day Catalina launch.
Don't expect anything from CodeWeavers for Catalina anytime soon.
While we know publicly they are working on a solution to run wine fully on a 64Bit system that work still hasn't made its way into upstream wine, whenever it does I don't expect many people to be able to provide working wine versions for macOS.

Currently the best way to compile wine for macOS isn't on macOS but cross-compiling on Linux.

View PostIncredible Hulk, on 02 September 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

I'm the reason that patch was added, I provided my log file on compiling wine-4.15 when using 10.11 SDK, the information was passed on that resulted in that patch, however it's not recommended to compile wine using the 10.11 SDK as the Metal support is much lower than would be needed for proper Metal Multi Monitor Support, so instead I updated my Cross-Compiler to using the 10.13SDK and resolved the issues that arose from that SDK change.

Later another patch should be added in relation to unwind giving false positives when installed or using "--without-unwind", that issue was discovered due to the above issue but also in combination when I was having the issue verified with who I usually check in with regarding wine building issues.

#96 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:17 PM

Trying new wrapper with 4.15 failed. Same wrapper working with 4.14. and new frameworks.
I see you pulled from downloads 4.15. Non metal Mac, Sierra.
Is it better to wait for 2.9.0.5 wrapper and engine update?

#97 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:42 PM

View PostIncredible Hulk, on 02 September 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

Trying new wrapper with 4.15 failed. Same wrapper working with 4.14. and new frameworks.
I see you pulled from downloads 4.15. Non metal Mac, Sierra.
Is it better to wait for 2.9.0.5 wrapper and engine update?

I updated the previous post about the issue, seems the unwind changes broke wine64 the Wrapper is fine, the new runtime is also fine.

Wine-4.15 when compiled as wine64 has issues, I’ve passed the information on and awaiting another Wine-4.15 compile to complete.

Normal Wine-4.15 had no issues since it’s want affected by Unwind changes but wine64 is affected so I’m really hoping building again and calling —without-unwind solve the issue until upstream is fixed.

Well Wine-4.15 64Bit when compiled using —without-unwind managed to launch unlike the previous build.

I’ve set Wine-Staging-4.15 64Bit to build using —without-unwind once that completed I’ll test it again to be safe then packaged and upload it.

EDIT;
Done I've uploaded a working replacement WS10WineStagingVulkan64Bit4.15

#98 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 03:05 PM

While I was able to compile Wine-Staging-4.15 that worked later.
I didn’t notice that xml2/xslt weren’t detected at compile time so it’s possible something that usually work might need a native version.

It seems the newer uploads on packages.macports for the above packages are broken, so when I have free time I’ll add building those from source along with any dependancies that are needed.

It’s slowly getting to the point we’re I’ll be compiling every single wine dependance from source...., currently I’m building ncurses6/sdl2/faudio/mpg123/vkd3d

#99 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 07 September 2019 - 03:51 PM

View PostGcenx, on 07 September 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

It’s slowly getting to the point we’re I’ll be compiling every single wine dependance from source...., currently I’m building ncurses6/sdl2/faudio/mpg123/vkd3d

And none of those are easily accessible via Homebrew :(.

#100 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 05:18 PM

Just for the record, the latest WS10WineStagingVulkan4.15 worked fine in few games I try it.

#101 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 07 September 2019 - 07:24 PM

Is that the one on MEGA? It was listed at being created on September 2nd.

Edit: Guess it was, as Gcenx wrote it about it on that day... Sorry.

#102 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:45 PM

View Postovvldc, on 07 September 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

And none of those are easily accessible via Homebrew :(.
I can get to homebrew packages, I even remember seeing a homebrew wrapper for osxcross, but homebrew has been 64Bit only for quite sometime now so it’s not useful for wine dependencies.

View PostIncredible Hulk, on 07 September 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

Just for the record, the latest WS10WineStagingVulkan4.15 worked fine in few games I try it.
Yeah I quickly tested current version before re-uploading just to be safe.
I’m not sure what having those missing dependancies affect more an fwi.

View Postovvldc, on 07 September 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

Is that the one on MEGA? It was listed at being created on September 2nd.

Edit: Guess it was, as Gcenx wrote it about it on that day... Sorry.
Yeah I’m referring to the current version of the Engine(that was a re-upload from the previous broken one), I’m not sure what having those missing dependancies affect more an fwi.

Right now I’m trying to trim down unneeded lines/options from the setup, already added some notes on how to compile both from source. By next year I’ll be compiling all wine dependancies from source, unless macports starts to provide usable prebuilt packages (they lightly won’t, still no FAudio package and that’s easy to compile from source)

#103 Incredible Hulk

Incredible Hulk

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:30 PM

@Gcenx
Does this compiler thunks thing Codeweavers is working on means that we will have fast, in performance terms, solution for running 32bit apps on Catalina?

#104 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:07 PM

View PostIncredible Hulk, on 12 September 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

@Gcenx
Does this compiler thunks thing Codeweavers is working on means that we will have fast, in performance terms, solution for running 32bit apps on Catalina?

It will be faster then using Hangover, but lightly slower then the current wine releases. But that could improve with time.

For the moment I can’t test as the required changes haven’t yet hit upstream currently trying to compile using the custom -mwine32 fails after a while.
I’m hoping to get a better idea once CrossOver 19 source hits as usually they don’t really remove anything other the GUI integration.

The fun part will be that will mean wine will lightly also get access to Vulkan/Metal features due to said trunking

#105 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:57 PM

Looking forward to a presentation about the technical guts of this at Wineconf (no, I am not attending, but I will watch videos when they get posted).

#106 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:21 AM

For those who are fuzzy on the details, I think the compiler thunks thing that Incredible Hulk referred to is described here: https://www.codeweav...for-catalinayet

#107 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:32 PM

View Postovvldc, on 16 September 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

For those who are fuzzy on the details, I think the compiler thunks thing that Incredible Hulk referred to is described here: https://www.codeweav...for-catalinayet

https://github.com/c...ang/tree/wine32

Edit;
Wine-4.16 builds are delayed until a patch is out resolving a wine64 build issue

#108 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1256 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 16 September 2019 - 02:28 PM

View PostGcenx, on 16 September 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Thanks, I missed that. I have been out of it for a bit..

Edit: Hmm. latest commit on March 9th. They must have taken it private to hammer out the details.

#109 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:36 PM

View Postovvldc, on 16 September 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

Thanks, I missed that. I have been out of it for a bit..

No problem, it’s not had updates in months mind.

We’re already making use of it within https://github.com/P...nicis-winebuild qparis rebased the patches into clang-7 that’s been used to compile wine for macOS for a while now.
It has ms_hook_proludge support so it’s been handy.
We've attempted to use the new -mwine32 but upstream wine is lightly missing some fixes still.

The other day I had to change my scripts for compiling wine directly on macOS again......, something in the current version of Mojave/XCode10 had broke the setup.
Got it working again & even added workarounds for getting the includes/libs detected as I’m not patching all the pc files each time I update them.

#110 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:54 AM

WS10WineStagingVulkan64Bit4.16 uploaded.

#111 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 01:29 AM

I'll get around to building and uploading WS10WineStagingVulkan64Bit4.17 when I get change, it will require an updated Runtime.

Got a little side tracked with some interesting changes within macports.

#112 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 12:20 AM

Uploaded WS10WineStaging64Bit4.17 I'd forgotten to add the Vulkan tag but it makes little difference anyway.
The new runtime was newly built from macports and updated today. Stipped most unneeded items but left in the XQuartz libs due to being lazy.

If anyone wants instructions on building an updated runtime via macports I can provide instructions even for macOS Mojave users ;)
I have a repository on GitHub with updated versions of wine, wine-crossover, wine-devel a patched libpvx (needed for macOS Mojave universal), a patched cmake (needed for macOS Mojave universal) and custom MoltenVK port (extracts the current Vulkan SDK from LunarG).

#113 TheTuKays

TheTuKays

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Graphics Card:ati

Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:49 PM

If I understand correctly, the WS10WineStaging64Bit4.17 build is a 64bit Wineskin engine that also contains Vulkan. Does that mean that a game that uses Vulkan on Windows (like No Man's Sky) would run with this engine?

#114 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:10 PM

MoltenVK is Vulkan 1.0 compliment I can’t tell you if a game will run or not as my personal Mac is old.

I have been able to run things like VKQuake and other basic Vulkan 64Bit tests, as for Vulkan based games I have no clue your better checking on https://github.com/K...sGroup/MoltenVK

I just provided full featured wine compiles that will function on macOS 10.8 > 10.14.
10.9 is recommended for Gnutls support (encryption)
10.11 is the minimum for Vulkan support
10.15 won’t be supported for sometime, even once CrossOver19’s source is available I won’t be uploading anything too quickly.

#115 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 06:42 PM

Has anyone noticed any issue with the latest runtime version I uploaded? I would like any feedback before I go integrating it into a newer wrapper update I’m currently working on.

One issue I know of is the newer FreeType2 (2.10) won’t be compatible with wine versions below Wine-2.18, I’m sure nobody got the issue due to the way I mapped the runtime in the current release as wstools.bundle includes a compatible version of FreeType2 (from XQuartz 2.7.11)
The updated version of WineskinLauncher now changes dylib mapping depending on Engine version to avoid conflicts with dylib’s provided via homebrew/macports.

#116 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:12 AM

Uploaded WS10WineStaging64Bit4.18

This engine wasn't compiled in the usual way, so any feedback would be nice.
As with the WS10WineStaging64Bit4.17, it doesn't have the quit patch, it still has Vulkan support but not tagged.

Replaced WS10WineStaging64Bit4.18 with a different build and uploaded WS10WineStaging4.18
Both wine and wine64 both respect "Dark Mode" on macOS Mojave.

Made a slight change my build script now 64Bit build will output both wine and wow64 builds in one go, save needing to build both separately.

#117 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:01 PM

WS10WineStaging4.19 & WS10WineStaging64Bit4.19 we’re both uploaded last night after updating my build dependencies from macports and updating MoltenVK to the latest version.

Runtime isn’t updated yet.

Anyone can build an updated runtime if running macOS High Sierra and below by installing macports then using https://github.com/G...orts-wine-devel
After adding following the instructions linked it’s possible to install all the needed dependencies as explained on winehq https://wiki.winehq....MacOS/Building.

Or using the following command, this will take hours but gives wma support within FAudio and and almost every gstreamer package possible;
sudo su
port install mingw-w64
yes | port -v install rdepof:wine-devel +universal +ffmpeg

Edit;
Instead of making a new post again (I’m like the only one on here now?)
Wine-Staging-419 might have been 4.18 I’ll correct that at some point...

Wine-Staging-4.20 will be built and uploaded after completing a custom built wine wrapper for another community.

My macports-wine-devel was already updated for Wine-Devel-4.20 and Wine-Staging-4.20

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users