• Create Account

CrossOver Engine 18.0.0 (WS9WineCX18.0.0)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:35 PM

changelog...

NOTE: it requires OS X 10.8 or greater

#2 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:36 AM

View PostNRG, on 26 October 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

changelog...

NOTE: it requires OS X 10.8 or greater

I thought I had added this for download already, seems I forgot to commit that change I fixed that now.

I downloaded this to test it out, it seems you build environment is missing a lot of the key items that are now needed to build the new features like gnutls/sdl2/gstreamer/ffmpeg that's off the top of my head. My assumption is your building with just XQuartz being installed?
No wineboot on prefix creation/update, that I did expect as it seems nobody tried to patch that before.

I tested by making a new wrapper and then installing steam manually not via winetricks;

Steam Store is blank and unable to download any content without applying the workaround used in winetricks, the store workaround from winetricks is setting to winxp so that's no viable anymore.

I then changed one of my games over to this that I play using an Xbox controller, Xinput was not built using SDL2.
I didn't test anything after this as I have a good idea of whats missing from the above two tests.

#3 NRG

NRG

Champion Member

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9800m GTS
  • Operating System:OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Posted 27 October 2018 - 10:23 AM

View PostGcenx, on 27 October 2018 - 12:36 AM, said:

I downloaded this to test it out, it seems you build environment is missing a lot of the key items that are now needed to build the new features like gnutls/sdl2/gstreamer/ffmpeg that's off the top of my head. My assumption is your building with just XQuartz being installed?
No wineboot on prefix creation/update, that I did expect as it seems nobody tried to patch that before.

I tested by making a new wrapper and then installing steam manually not via winetricks;

Steam Store is blank and unable to download any content without applying the workaround used in winetricks, the store workaround from winetricks is setting to winxp so that's no viable anymore.

I then changed one of my games over to this that I play using an Xbox controller, Xinput was not built using SDL2.
I didn't test anything after this as I have a good idea of whats missing from the above two tests.

sorry but all yours CX engines make many tools I use with pes2017 wrapper as multi .exes (for patches and option files updates) unusable cause crashes while with my WS9WineCX18.0.0 all works fine...

Yours CX engines give me also an error when I install them into a wrapper that has already another engine...
This doesn't happens when I use my CX engines created through wineskin script environment

I don't use steam or other things... my CX build enviroments is by the script used by wineskin app...

note:

I prefere to continue to use your 2.6.5 unofficial wineskin respect your latest ones because in past I had many issue on my yosemite 10.10.5

#4 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:24 PM

View PostNRG, on 27 October 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

sorry but all yours CX engines make many tools I use with pes2017 wrapper as multi .exes (for patches and option files updates) unusable cause crashes while with my WS9WineCX18.0.0 all works fine...

Yours CX engines give me also an error when I install them into a wrapper that has already another engine...
This doesn't happens when I use my CX engines created through wineskin script environment

I don't use steam or other things... my CX build enviroments is by the script used by wineskin app...

note:

I prefere to continue to use your 2.6.5 unofficial wineskin respect your latest ones because in past I had many issue on my yosemite 10.10.5

Wineskin-2.6.5 still had the old dylibs that slice uploaded i think, I no longer have a copy to check that over but Wineskin.app was based directly on the original code.

All my compiled engines now use newer dylibs including full gstreamer where slices update was just using gstreamer-base that could be part of the issue, so they all require to use my latest master wrapper version.(I should add that to my download links/or just remove them)
As for the CustomEXE launchers I can’t remember but I might have needed to alter them to work with all my backend changes, so older wineskin-2.6.2 until I changed codebases would be using the older CustomEXE script on creation.

I understand about not using Steam etc but you might want to add about these things won’t work like official Crossover 18.0.0, I could do a slight upgrade for the old Wineskin engine build system to add in sdl2 support and possibly even add in gnutls and have it bundle those into the compiled engine meaning it would work on even stock Wineskin-2.6.2.

Anyway I’m this might be considered offtopic from this point so I’m going to PM you instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users