#1 julus

julus

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationSlovakia
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon 6750M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:MMORPG, Adventure, RPG, Strategy
Author

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:26 PM

I have troubles to build custom engine on my Mac as i  keep hitting compilation issues.

Can I ask someone to make a custom engine of latest wine staging (4.0-rc1) with following patch applied (both 32 and 64 bit)? (It should fix D3D11 in Path of Exile)

https://gist.githubu...nitialize.patch

#2 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:52 PM

View Postjulus, on 11 December 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

I have troubles to build custom engine on my Mac as i  keep hitting compilation issues.

Can I ask someone to make a custom engine of latest wine staging (4.0-rc1) with following patch applied (both 32 and 64 bit)? (It should fix D3D11 in Path of Exile)

I could compile it with the patch however you know DirectX10 and above does not work on macOS only DirectX9.

The thing is my build environment is setup using the newer dylib versions so it won’t work with Wineskin-2.6.2 it will only work with if your using my fork or using Slices wrapper update 6

#3 julus

julus

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationSlovakia
Author

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:22 PM

Sorry, I haven't been in touch with Wine and OSX for a while, but If I recall correctly, wine 3.13 added moltenVK support which would mean DX10 and DX11 can be now used on Metal compatible Macs (i guess it has to be compiled in trough some new configure flag).

Also, currently using wineskin 2.8.8 beta , I think you are referring to that?

#4 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:19 PM

View Postjulus, on 12 December 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

Sorry, I haven't been in touch with Wine and OSX for a while, but If I recall correctly, wine 3.13 added moltenVK support which would mean DX10 and DX11 can be now used on Metal compatible Macs (i guess it has to be compiled in trough some new configure flag).

Also, currently using wineskin 2.8.8 beta , I think you are referring to that?

I can compile wine 3.13 64Bit and above with Vulkan support but when I last checked MoltenVK still did not support all the extensions needed to run DXVK. Also only 64Bit applicationa can make use of MoltenVK as Metal is 64Bit only. My build environment has MoltenVK 1.0.25 I would have to check if a new release is availability and if it supported the needed extensions for DXVK.

Ok so your already using my Wineskin fork that’s good that least that

#5 julus

julus

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationSlovakia
Author

Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:05 PM

If possible do it with 4.0-rc1 staging. It already should have the support plus all the updates. If it compiles properly with the patch i provided and MoltenVK I can play around with it, that is no issue. I just have broken OSX installation and I would need to reinstall whole OSX to fix some things I manage to screw up with different libraries.

In any case, thank you for looking into this :)

#6 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:14 AM

View Postjulus, on 12 December 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

If possible do it with 4.0-rc1 staging. It already should have the support plus all the updates. If it compiles properly with the patch i provided and MoltenVK I can play around with it, that is no issue. I just have broken OSX installation and I would need to reinstall whole OSX to fix some things I manage to screw up with different libraries.

In any case, thank you for looking into this :)

It's built and uploaded to my MEGA, the one that gets opened when you click "Download Packages Manually" the Engine name is WS10WineStagingVulkan64Bit4.0-rc1POE.tar.7z

I didn’t compile a 32bit version, the above is mixed 32bit & 64bit as is the case for any 64Bit wine version I compile and upload.

If you really need a 32Bit version just ask, but as you said the patch is more for DirectX11 so that would mean you gain very little from one of my compiles (gnutls support & ffmpeg are all I can think of)

#7 julus

julus

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationSlovakia
Author

Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:39 AM

Thanks a lot. Seems to be working

#8 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1253 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:51 AM

View Postjulus, on 13 December 2018 - 06:39 AM, said:

Thanks a lot. Seems to be working

You have Path of Exile working then? Anything else you've tried it with? I am quite curious as to what we can expect from Vulkan and/or DX11 now (if we can expect anything)

#9 julus

julus

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationSlovakia
Author

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:29 PM

View Postovvldc, on 13 December 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

You have Path of Exile working then? Anything else you've tried it with? I am quite curious as to what we can expect from Vulkan and/or DX11 now (if we can expect anything)
Not yet, I mean with winetricks dxvk it tries to load moltenvk on the beginning, but my personal mac is too old and does not support metal and gives compatibility error message in logs. Tomorrow I am going to test it on compatible mac. I'll let you know.

#10 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:29 PM

View Postjulus, on 13 December 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Not yet, I mean with winetricks dxvk it tries to load moltenvk on the beginning, but my personal mac is too old and does not support metal and gives compatibility error message in logs. Tomorrow I am going to test it on compatible mac. I'll let you know.

When you test on a newer Mac see if a newer version of MoltenVK is available (the one I provide is 1.0.25), if a newer one is out swap out the one in the wrappers Frameworks folder.

#11 julus

julus

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationSlovakia
Author

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:42 AM

On Macbook pro with intel pro 630 GPU, no go:
[***MoltenVK ERROR***] VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER: Request for driver version 401000 is not compatible with provided version 400055.
002b:err:vulkan:wine_vkCreateInstance Failed to create instance, res=-9
warn:  Failed to create Vulkan 1.1 instance, falling back to 1.0
err:   D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Requested feature level not supported
warn:  D3D11CreateDevice: Unsupported driver type
info:  Game: PathOfExile_x64.exe
info:  DXVK: v0.93
warn:  OpenVR: Failed to locate module
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x7419cf (thread 002b), starting debugger...
Well, I guess back to drawing board and more research. But was worth a try, thanks anyway.

#12 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1253 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:52 PM

Yes, I forgot abut that. MoltenVK currently officially supports only Vulkan 1.0, though it does quite a few some of the extensions. But not enough, probably. See https://github.com/K....md#interaction

#13 julus

julus

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationSlovakia
Author

Posted 14 December 2018 - 01:28 PM

It is quite possible.  I guess we would need to wait just a bit more until all things get fully implemented, but at least thing are already changing for better.

Currently  I need to fix my personal Mac as it is terribly slow (even startup takes 5+ minutes). Once done, I'll try to setup my build environment so I can myself compile testing versions of wine with custom patches so I don't depend on others. In the meanwhile I'll try to make game work trough Linux via dxvk on DX11 so I would know exact settings for wine required to run the game and save some time on troubleshooting stuff.

#14 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:07 PM

View Postjulus, on 14 December 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

On Macbook pro with intel pro 630 GPU, no go:
[***MoltenVK ERROR***] VK_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER: Request for driver version 401000 is not compatible with provided version 400055.
002b:err:vulkan:wine_vkCreateInstance Failed to create instance, res=-9
warn:  Failed to create Vulkan 1.1 instance, falling back to 1.0
err:   D3D11CoreCreateDevice: Requested feature level not supported
warn:  D3D11CreateDevice: Unsupported driver type
info:  Game: PathOfExile_x64.exe
info:  DXVK: v0.93
warn:  OpenVR: Failed to locate module
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x7419cf (thread 002b), starting debugger...
Well, I guess back to drawing board and more research. But was worth a try, thanks anyway.

Yes recently wine was updated to instead asked for Vulkan1.1 inseatd of Vulkan 1.0.
Yeah for now I wouldn’t bother until the issue is closed Requirments for DXVK

View Postovvldc, on 14 December 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

Yes, I forgot abut that. MoltenVK currently officially supports only Vulkan 1.0, though it does quite a few some of the extensions. But not enough, probably. See https://github.com/K....md#interaction

Yes but it’s wine that was requesting 1.1 but as long as all the needed extensions for DXVK are as it seems some might still be disabled by default and require to use the provided patch to force them enabled.
But as long as all the needed extensions that DXVK needs are there & enable it should function even if we need to use an older version until MoltenVK support 1.1 Vulkan spec.

View Postjulus, on 14 December 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

It is quite possible.  I guess we would need to wait just a bit more until all things get fully implemented, but at least thing are already changing for better.

Currently  I need to fix my personal Mac as it is terribly slow (even startup takes 5+ minutes). Once done, I'll try to setup my build environment so I can myself compile testing versions of wine with custom patches so I don't depend on others. In the meanwhile I'll try to make game work trough Linux via dxvk on DX11 so I would know exact settings for wine required to run the game and save some time on troubleshooting stuff.

Once your back up and running if you need any help getting setup message me.
If you want to make your life easier then you will be wanting access to High Sierra as your main install or as a boot option.

#15 Slice

Slice

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD6670, GTX650
  • Operating System:OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
  • I like to play:Heroes III
    4x4 Evolution
    made Heroes VI working!

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:18 AM

View Postjulus, on 11 December 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

Sorry, is there anywhere an explanation why and what the patch means?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users