• Create Account

Halo install, cannot load "pidgen.dll" (Issue since 2013)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sonsandsonsadnsons

sonsandsonsadnsons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB graphics
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:Retro & Modern

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:37 PM

I'm getting an error trying to run the Halo Combat Evolved install. After inputting a CD key the install begins then immediately give an error saying "Cannot load PidGen.dll"

The file (PidGen.dll) is right in the main directory for the install, so I'm not sure what is causing this error.

https://drive.google...ubTQJ8CRs0ltHUj

Just searching, it appears that many people have had / are having this problem. Here is another post from 2013 on here where someone had the same exact issue http://portingteam.c...load-pidgendll/

A solution is offered there in that old thread which no longer seems to work. I tried using (official) wineskin with the custom engine provided in that post, as well as just a few different engines pre wine 1.120 and none of them worked at all.

Getting the error as originally stated, I'm using Unofficial Wineskin - Wineskin 2.8.9Beta6 WS9WineStaging4.0

#2 TimothyTree

TimothyTree

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:41 PM

Im trying to get halo running on my mac mojave 10.14.1 with no luck as well getting the same error.
I'm also using Unofficial Wineskin - Wineskin 2.8.9Beta6 WS9WineStaging4.0

#3 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:21 PM

I don't own that game but I did a quick google and it says the installer requires native "mfc42" so use winetricks and install mfc42.
That should solve that problem

#4 sonsandsonsadnsons

sonsandsonsadnsons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB graphics
  • I like to play:Retro & Modern

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:15 AM

View PostGcenx, on 10 February 2019 - 09:21 PM, said:

I don't own that game but I did a quick google and it says the installer requires native "mfc42" so use winetricks and install mfc42.
That should solve that problem

Thanks for the help man, you're spot on. I just found this resource myself too https://appdb.winehq...iVersionId=2720

For anyone else trying to do this, it took me a little clicking around to realize wineskn has winetricks built in, under advanced>tools

from there it's easy to find the mfc42.dll and run to install it into that wrapper.

Game installs and runs fine now :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users