#1 WineSK

WineSK

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon Pro 560
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:53 AM

I've just started using this software and I was advised to use the WS9WineStaging64Bit4.17 engine for my wrapper. The issue I'm encountering is that all my wrappers seem to share the same allocated space for the c_drive. So if I get 100GB on my first wrapper, and install something that's 50GB. My second wrapper only has 50GB to work with despite having a whole 1TB SSD of disk space.

With that being said, is there a way to increase the capacity of whatever virtual disk the wrappers seems to be using? I've deleted my previous wrappers and the c_drive capacity of the newest wrapper is at just 20GB. I've been researching all day for a solution to this problem and most people seem to suggest that ~/.wine holds all the data. This file does not exist for me.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

#2 Gcenx

Gcenx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 11 October 2019 - 02:22 AM

View PostWineSK, on 11 October 2019 - 01:53 AM, said:

I've just started using this software and I was advised to use the WS9WineStaging64Bit4.17 engine for my wrapper. The issue I'm encountering is that all my wrappers seem to share the same allocated space for the c_drive. So if I get 100GB on my first wrapper, and install something that's 50GB. My second wrapper only has 50GB to work with despite having a whole 1TB SSD of disk space.

With that being said, is there a way to increase the capacity of whatever virtual disk the wrappers seems to be using? I've deleted my previous wrappers and the c_drive capacity of the newest wrapper is at just 20GB. I've been researching all day for a solution to this problem and most people seem to suggest that ~/.wine holds all the data. This file does not exist for me.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

As ovvldc and myself already said this isn't a Wineskin issue, wine handles drive capacity detection nothing to do with Wineskin.
https://dl.winehq.or...17-osx64.tar.gz > WS9WineStaging64Bit4.17

In other words your actually using a Winehq release but your using a third-party frontend that creates .app bundles that include wine/dylibs/wineprefix.

~./wine you're looking for won't unless you have launched a Winehq pgk release or via Wineskin using "Command Line Wine Test" option that will launch a terminal session just like a Winehq release.
The actual wineprefix is located within each wrapper.  For example your wrapper name is say "MyCoolWrapper"
MyCoolWrapper.app/Contents/Resources/
The above is the location of the wineprefix, each wrapper contains its very own wineprefix they are not shared.

As I had also said in the other thread you made, some older installer have issues with large capacity drives this is true even on Windows. Why your having this issue nobody can exactly say but I can say it's not a Wineskin issue.

Edit;
I also have no clue why you posted within this section considering all WS9 Engines from Unofficial Wineskin are all Winehq releases nothing custom about them, this is explained on my GitHub and also within the release thread on this very site.

Edited by Gcenx, 11 October 2019 - 02:25 AM.

#3 WineSK

WineSK

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon Pro 560
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 11 October 2019 - 02:34 AM

View PostGcenx, on 11 October 2019 - 02:22 AM, said:

As ovvldc and myself already said this isn't a Wineskin issue, wine handles drive capacity detection nothing to do with Wineskin.
https://dl.winehq.or...17-osx64.tar.gz > WS9WineStaging64Bit4.17

In other words your actually using a Winehq release but your using a third-party frontend that creates .app bundles that include wine/dylibs/wineprefix.

~./wine you're looking for won't unless you have launched a Winehq pgk release or via Wineskin using "Command Line Wine Test" option that will launch a terminal session just like a Winehq release.
The actual wineprefix is located within each wrapper.  For example your wrapper name is say "MyCoolWrapper"
MyCoolWrapper.app/Contents/Resources/
The above is the location of the wineprefix, each wrapper contains its very own wineprefix they are not shared.

As I had also said in the other thread you made, some older installer have issues with large capacity drives this is true even on Windows. Why your having this issue nobody can exactly say but I can say it's not a Wineskin issue.

Edit;
I also have no clue why you posted within this section considering all WS9 Engines from Unofficial Wineskin are all Winehq releases nothing custom about them, this is explained on my GitHub and also within the release thread on this very site.

I've already stated that I don't actually have much of an idea for how the program works, or how these different versions differ. So I apologize that my ignorance peeved you enough to post that edit, and reference my other thread. As well as the fact that nothing I've come across has pointed me to your github. Best of luck LKW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users