Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD 6000 1536MB
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:Prey (2006)

Posted 13 October 2019 - 06:23 AM

I've been battling for few solid days thinking its the game that is the issue, however perhaps i'm just approaching this from the wrong direction.

I decided to buy those software downloads without installers, just move folder to and it works..

I decided to do his on purpose because i figured going this route (no installers and all bundled in folder) means less problems under Wine, and it would granulate it would no no problem since there would be no registry entries, and noting extra to hurt along the way..
However for the life of me i cannot understand what is wrong when i start i get "Please insert disc"

I know the game is cracked as i have run it under Windows XP perfectly fine.. Stick it under Wine and i get this...

I remember when i installed this game in the past (installer) I was using engine 1.7.27 or older and it worked (somehow) without the disc/image because of NoC crack  (I also remeber the release group i used)

Now, since i lost it the installer (few years ago), prompted me to buy this  "software only download", as i think i learnt from this.

Long story short, the fact its doesn't run under wine,yet it does under XP must means its only due to crack as being the issue right ? or could it be both crack AND engine used and this it's a means of trial & error  ?

Gong by WineHQ,, all I see are version 4.0 tested... but i know for sure it worked under older version... I never had 4.0 ever..

What's strange is i bought the software only download of Need for speed Underground as well, and i got that to work "no problem''

However you would of think the means of "no installer" would be allot easier, but nope.. Well,  guess it is, 'no errors to deal with, but you still have copy protection..

What are people situation when they come up with these things , surely they don't mount image under wine just to play, because that would defeat the propose of using wine when your out and about (eg...  you got wine bundle, but haven't got image with you) ..etc.

Sometimes, i even tries using CX versions from Crossweavers "tested'  as i deemed "They must be more compatible" they they would have tesed these games..

However, i ran into a road block because not all CX engines are listed...

eg  NFSU2 game reports as CX18.1 but Wineskin 2.6.2 only goes up to CX15.3.1. If i can't get this working i may just do this under VM.

https://www.codeweav...d-underground-2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users