Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Wineskin and MacOS Catalina


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TECH198

TECH198

    Experienced Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD 6000 1536MB
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:Prey (2006)

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:27 AM

I know Apple has canned 32-bit support for all my Wine apps don't work....  I am currently the fence weather i should sacrifice a Windows VM for all my Windows games (this would also eliminate the troublesome stuff i have issues, workaround in Wineskin) or go back to Mojave...

For anyone that has upgraded to Catalina 10.15, what did you do ?

I've currently got 6 games in Wineskin, but the good ting about it, there are all 'separate' bundles...compared to one giant VM for everything + the OS.

Also, just for the record the Unoffical Wineskin is 32-bits too right?

#2 Gcenx

Gcenx

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:38 PM

I’ve explained this before in the release thread, Reddit, GitHub and PortingKit blog post via PaulTheTall. I’ve even gone as far as editing Winehq macOS sections and asked a mod to pin an information thread and edit another to indicate 10.8 > 10.14 support only.

Unofficial Wineskin and all of its components are 64Bit bar WSGamma due to the lack of source.

Wineskin Engines are Wine, meaning if Wine doesn’t work on on macOS Catalina, only CrossOver19 when launched will function on macOS Catalina and I don’t plan on building that on day one.


If you require these wrappers you can ether downgrade to macOS Mojave, setting up Bootcamp or purchasing the latest version of Parallels Desktop and setting up a VM of Windows or macOS Mojave.

#3 ovvldc

ovvldc

    Master Member

  • Members
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:49 AM

So Codeweavers have a a semi-public alpha build going. If any of you have played with it, I would be happy to hear their experiences. Probably not all positive, as this is a raw alpha build, but curious nonetheless.

That said, their timelines is quite optimistic: they hope to have a production-quality build ready by end of the year, which is in a month and a half. It will be nice to know what the performance penalty of all this thunking adds up to.

#4 Gcenx

Gcenx

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 07 November 2019 - 05:00 PM

View Postovvldc, on 07 November 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

So Codeweavers have a a semi-public alpha build going. If any of you have played with it, I would be happy to hear their experiences. Probably not all positive, as this is a raw alpha build, but curious nonetheless.

That said, their timelines is quite optimistic: they hope to have a production-quality build ready by end of the year, which is in a month and a half. It will be nice to know what the performance penalty of all this thunking adds up to.

Im not sure anyone is allowed to post the results of CrossOver19 Alpha, I didn’t check so I’m not posting anything until I know it’s fine.

#5 ovvldc

ovvldc

    Master Member

  • Members
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:29 PM

View PostGcenx, on 07 November 2019 - 05:00 PM, said:

Im not sure anyone is allowed to post the results of CrossOver19 Alpha, I didn’t check so I’m not posting anything until I know it’s fine.
Ah. :)

#6 upsotsml

upsotsml

    Lurker

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 4850
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:39 AM

very excellent content this blog…..thanks
gmail sign up

#7 ovvldc

ovvldc

    Master Member

  • Members
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:45 PM

Ok, Codeweavers felt happy enough with their solution to release a beta. See https://www.codeweav...-is-now-in-beta

Curioser and curioser.

#8 Gcenx

Gcenx

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 18 November 2019 - 09:19 PM

View Postovvldc, on 18 November 2019 - 06:45 PM, said:

Ok, Codeweavers felt happy enough with their solution to release a beta. See https://www.codeweav...-is-now-in-beta

Curioser and curioser.

I’ll just say it’s impressive, I’m hoping Beta2 lands soon

Edit;
Since this comment CrossOver19 & 19.0.1 have been released, I’m now providing WineCX19.0.1 Engines that work on macOS Catalina




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users