#61 CobraKill

CobraKill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUS and A

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:17 AM

Ok, I just updated my Steam (the wrapper) to its' new update and even though it's open, I can't see Steam app. The icon is open and the Steam is open up above showing Steam Edit Window, but no actual app. Anyone having the same issue?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#62 CobraKill

CobraKill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUS and A

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:17 PM

I downloaded the old wrapper, but it automatically updates it to the new platform, which I can't see. :( Is no else having this problem?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#63 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

I think they are switching to the new Webkit Engine in the new Steam, and are pushing the update to all the old Steam clients that are still using the Trident Engine (Internet Explorer)
So my guess is that the Webkit Engine isn't compatible anymore with CrossOver and the CXZ/S Port of Steam could be effectively dead.

But more people should confirm this before i can say this is definitely so....
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#64 CobraKill

CobraKill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUS and A

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

Ahh, ok, thanks for the info. At least now, I know what's going on. :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#65 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3051 posts
Author

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

As i thought:

quoting Codeweavers:

Full Steam ahead with 9.0 beta
2010-04-26 14:01
Software guys are often accused of wanting to spend too much time polishing their beloved programs. I'm very guilty of that myself, and that's doubly hard because of our work on Wine. While Wine is amazing, it's not perfect, so there is a challenging balance in deciding that we've made enough progress to justify a release. Of course, if you let us software guys decide, we'll take forever and never ship anything.

Luckily for our gaming customers, Valve has forced our hand. That is, they have released an entirely rewritten version of Steam today. And, unfortunately, it does not work at all in our existing CrossOver Games releases. And since Steam is a large part of what our customers use CrossOver Games for, we've been forced to rush out a release to provide that support. We've been in a mad scramble this past month; Wine did not run the new GUI at all. We finally fixed it last week, just in time for the production launch by Valve.

So I am happy to announce that we're making a beta version of our CrossOver Games 9.0 release available today.  We're feeling pretty good about it; it runs the new Steam GUI, and quite a few games work very nicely. However, we really haven't had much time to test it or shake out any problems. So we really recommend it only for customers that need to use the new Steam GUI.

We hope to ship the 'real' 9.0 very quickly; if you're not using Steam, please give us a bit more time for that picky polish .

i'll look into that...
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#66 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3051 posts
Author

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

Good news, i have the new version of Steam running in a CXG9 beta Wrapper, however it's buggy.
As a side note, the Bug that annoyed me the most in the old version of Steam was the flash scroll bug.
This is gone in the new version.

- zero

#67 CobraKill

CobraKill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUS and A

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:58 PM

devilhunter said:

Good news, i have the new version of Steam running in a CXG9 beta Wrapper, however it's buggy.
As a side note, the Bug that annoyed me the most in the old version of Steam was the flash scroll bug.
This is gone in the new version.

thank you thank you. Could I get a hold of this?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#68 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3051 posts
Author

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

If there's interest i can send out the beta builds of this.
It's still unstable, so i'm not posting this yet.

PM me if you have interest in the updated Steam build.

- zero

#69 slinky773

slinky773

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationAt your house drinking the stuff that's in my avatar

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:04 PM

This may sound n00bish, but what's steam?

#70 CobraKill

CobraKill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUS and A

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:45 AM

slinky773 said:

This may sound n00bish, but what's steam?

Steam is a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications platform developed by Valve Corporation. It is used to distribute a large number of games and related media entirely over the internet, from small independent efforts to larger, more popular games. Steam is set apart from similar services primarily by its community features, completely automated game update process, and its use of in-game functionality.

There are over 1,100 games available through Steam,[3] and in January 2010 Valve announced that it had surpassed 25 million active user accounts.[4] It regularly services in excess of two million concurrent users.[5] Although Valve never releases sales figures, Steam is considered by its competitors and clients to be the market leader, controlling an estimated 70% of the digital distribution market.[6]

Many major publishers have catalogues on Steam, including Electronic Arts, Activision, 2K Games, Ubisoft, THQ, Sega, Codemasters, id Software, LucasArts, Capcom, and Bethesda Softworks.

from wiki

Check out Steam website: http://store.steampowered.com/
Posted ImagePosted Image

#71 ALODomi

ALODomi

Novice Member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:53 AM

got the same problem asCobraKill

#72 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3051 posts
Author

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

Updated the Steam Wrapper to the new Steam (PC) app here:
viewtopic.php?f=107&t=4727

Topic locked.

- zero

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users