#91 djblastyfone

djblastyfone

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationThe Great Canadian North
  • Graphics Card:Radeon HD 4850M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
  • I like to play:Older games, anything that focuses more on gameplay and plot than fancy graphics.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:29 PM

iDeaS might work better...
Posted Image

#92 Guest_KyloWinter_*

Guest_KyloWinter_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:37 PM

good work

#93 gurumac

gurumac

Novice Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:00 PM

thaks

#94 mpll

mpll

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:34 AM

devilhunter said:

Posted Image

Another Emulator by me. I thought this would be the only Nintendo DS Emulator on the mac then, but boy, was i wrong.
DeSmuME, a great DS Emulator was alive and kicking for the mac for some time now, and its beautifully coded.
Though DeSmuME is native; its compatibility is not so good as NO$GBA, and adding another Emulator to the mac side shouldn't hurt.

zeroDS, a Custom Wrapper for NO$GBA is alive and kicking as of now.
NO$GBA would not run by itself so i used a custom launcher created by Mysoft. I tried other Launchers as well, but CrossOver doesn't like them.  

Please note that NO$GBA can't run every Game out there perfectly, it's a work in progress by it's developer, just like DeSmuME.

Same procedure as last time:
If you have any problems with zeroDS in itself, like the App not launching or if you find bugs or spelling errors, post here and i'll help out. And do not ask for ROMs, you know the drill.
Please keep the "how can i configure zeroDS/NO$GBA for Game XXX?" questions minimal, or as reasonable as possible.

NO$GBA doesn't seem to like the CrossOver environment very much at this moment, (mainly if you change the settings), i'll see if i can convince them to be friends in the near future. (that means fixing bugs)
And another thing: You'll get a Picture of a Guy and A Girl when you start zeroDS, this is not me, but the Programmer from Mysoft who created the Custom Launcher.

And here it is:
zeroDS - Current Version 0.2.0 This message has been hidden

Note: if you have a GMA graphics chip, it crashes the second time you launch the app. I'll try to get it working for GMA users. (disabling shaders did not help)
The following ATI Cards are also not compatible due to some faults within CrossOver: ATI X1600, ATI HD2600

Below is a a FAQ to answer some things.

stay sharp
zero

the FAQ:

Q: why did you use the Launcher from Mysoft? other Launchers have waaay more features.
A: other Launchers don't work. they crash the CrossOver Wrapper instantly; the Mysoft Launcher is the only one that didn't.

Q: can you port XXX to the mac?
A: i'm not doing requests, but you can find it out for yourself:
If an Application/Emulator runs in CrossOver (not the CrossOver Games Version) it most likely runs in this modified CrossOver environment. If you'll find an Emulator that runs great under CrossOver, give me a call, and i'll let my magic work.

Q: is zeroDS configured out of the box for games so that i don't have to spend time configuring it for my Game?
A: YES and NO. i have configured zeroDS with compatible standard options and Video enhancements, so that most games run with it without reconfiguring too much.
Each Game runs with this, but not perfectly, because each game requires tweaking of the Plugins to see if the annoying sound/graphics bug you have has disappeared. Some of the Options do not work, please be careful when you mess around with the Video options.

Q: what happens if i mess up the Video/Sound options and nothing works anymore?
A: delete the "zeroDS" Folder in your username/Application Support Folder.
zeroDS resets itself after that.

Q: i have some Problems with the Emulator; my Game does not Sound right/has some Video Problems. can you help me?
A: NO. google around for some help on your Problem

Q: what system can run zeroDS? can my poor old mac & me have some fun with this?
A: zeroDS needs and Intel Chip. Core2Duo Recommended.  Running zeroDS on a MacBook or a mac mini with a GMA Graphics Chip results in a crash. I'm currently looking into it.

Q: got any tips for enjoying your great Emulator better ^_^ ?
A: a few recommendations from me:
- get a USB Game Controller and map the default buttons to it. (I recommend USB Overdrive for this*) Playing zeroDS with a keyboard sucks. hard.
- if you don't like the build-in controls for the keyboard, you can change them in Options->Controls Setup-> then Save Options
*note: USB Overdrive and Emulator Enhancer should not be installed on the same System. Use another Keyboard remapper if you have Emulator Enhancer installed)

Q: zeroDS refuses to launch all of a sudden, it worked before...
A: This happens when you launch zeroDS for the first time; on lets say your Desktop, and then move it after quitting to a Folder of your choice. It should bounce once in the Dock, then close. Thats because this is the way the CrossOver Wrapper was programmed. CrossOver creates static links in the Application Support Folder from the place the app was launched and when you move the apps, the static links are still there, and point to the wrong place. To make the app launch from another Folder again, simply delete the "zeroDS" Folder insider your username/Application Support Folder.

#95 Guest_yaywalter_*

Guest_yaywalter_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:25 PM

Sounds intriguing.

Hmm, crashes, saying "Emulator has detected a problem."
I have a NVIDIA 9600M GT.

#96 Guest_matthewxliu_*

Guest_matthewxliu_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:22 PM

ty can't w8 to test it...

#97 Guest_boboss13_*

Guest_boboss13_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:47 PM

thanks

#98 Loppa

Loppa

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:34 PM

Thanks for my kid

#99 SIlverclaw

SIlverclaw

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:45 PM

I hope this is better than desmume..
Yay! got a new MacBook Pro 15 inch 2.8GHz!

#100 Guest_tdttester_*

Guest_tdttester_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:41 PM

thx!

#101 yat65535

yat65535

Advanced Porter

• Donators
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:01 AM

I have this emulator running with wineskin on 10.6... I'm just finalizing the wrapper, deleting unnecessary files, etc.

#102 yat65535

yat65535

Advanced Porter

• Donators
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:46 AM

here's the wineskin version of this i made... it doesn't launch with the launcher that comes with zeroDS, because it kept crashing. I also had to rename NO$GBA.EXE to NOCGBA.EXE or it would say "file not found" every time I tried to open it. I hope this holds people until devilhunter comes out with an update!

[hide]http://rapidshare.co...06737/macDS.zip[/hide]

#103 aurora

aurora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:59 PM

thanks  yat65535 :)

#104 Guest_Oxidda_*

Guest_Oxidda_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:27 PM

Awesome work ! Thanks a lot !   :)

#105 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:08 PM

Old thread, locked. see the newer CXZ builds.
-dev
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users