• Create Account

Are there written guides?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_jkouzes_*

Guest_jkouzes_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:33 PM

I would like to know if there are written guides that would help us "Newbies" in acting porting some of these games, I know I watched the videos but I had no idea what they were doing.  I could use a guide really bad.

I have tried to use Crossover Games but, every game that I have tried to use it with (old ones and new) it doesn't work, and when I asked them for assistance, I felt like they didn't want to give away any secrets.  I know as someone who bought their product with the idea that its a simple to use app, was I wrong.  As of now, I only got really one game to work with it, and its a shareware version of Axis & Allies.  

They say read the forums, or look at the capability database, heck they should have included these in the program, so people who have the games can just use the wine bottle that they used...Anyways..... I will get off my soap box now.

I could really use some help, in getting my games to work on the Mac side, so I don't have to boot using my boot camp partition.

Have a great day

#2 Guitarobot

Guitarobot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:40 PM

Written guides are here, you just need to look more, but here they are.

The most easiest one to use (in my opinion) is the CXZ wrapper.
CXZ (Crossover) Wrapper: viewtopic.php?f=107&t=2227
Guide: viewtopic.php?f=117&t=2225&p=17858#p17858
If a game will work on Crossover, it will work on the CXZ wrapper.

There is still Cider and Wineskin which you can learn about by clicking one of the tabs at the top of the page.

Which games did you try to get working with Crossover?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users