• Create Account

PS3 or Xbox 360?

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_nexxed_*

Guest_nexxed_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:46 AM

ps3 because of blu ray...and the free internet :)

#32 berylshape

berylshape

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:42 AM

I went with the 360 because it offers me more games that i'm interested in and i could connect it to my computer monitor :)

#33 DJay

DJay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:37 PM

In my opinion the Xbox 360 is better, because you have a great community (but you must pay for it),

#34 d10sfan

d10sfan

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:06 PM

berylshape said:

I went with the 360 because it offers me more games that i'm interested in and i could connect it to my computer monitor :)

You can connect a ps3 to a computer monitor, as long as it has dvi.

I like the PS3 better because I like the PSN service and not having to pay for it. It also has alot of really good exclusives.

#35 Guest_sammygrueve_*

Guest_sammygrueve_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:37 PM

best games on box. but they break. ps3 has way better tech

#36 Marcelozx

Marcelozx

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:21 PM

I have a 3 years old PS3 and nothing have happened with it. Its a blu-ray player... the internet isn't paid... but the Xbox360 is not a bad console, my cousin have one for almost a year, I think, and it stopped working twice.
If you take care of a PS3, it won't break.
If you take care of a Xbox360, it will last longer.  :D

#37 Guest_iolakos_*

Guest_iolakos_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:42 PM

i think that ps3 is winning lost ground day by day.however there is no big difference between the consoles for me

#38 kuir

kuir

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:21 AM

Same here. No big difference between the consoles for me. They have nearly all the same games, few exclusive on each side.
This few exclusive are very good (Halo, God of war, Gran Turismo are all exclusive and all great).

This generation, you have to buy both consoles. And Nintendo's casual approach wins it all. Problem solved.

#39 Guest_raheeljariwalla_*

Guest_raheeljariwalla_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:20 AM

i have owned both and i think that the PS3 is much better.

#40 ttttt

ttttt

Novice Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:56 PM

i got a 360 simply because you can't  burn 'backups' :wink:  on a PS3

#41 Guest_SilentZombie_*

Guest_SilentZombie_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

get both ^^

#42 Guest_Nastan_*

Guest_Nastan_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:30 AM

#43 Guest_Rasie1_*

Guest_Rasie1_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:14 AM

ps3:
blu-ray
great games
psn
more powerful than xbox360
graphics
and much more

#44 Guest_adamantt_*

Guest_adamantt_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

PS3 has great first party games like Heavy Rain, Metal Gear 4 (mostly Metal Gear online), and Kill Zone 2. PS3 also has great ports like Modern Warfare 2, GTA4(plus Liberty City episodes) and Assassins Creed 2. PS3 Has a few remarkable DLC options mostly Wipeout HD, street fighter HD and some others, XBOX arcade seems like its geting much more updates,
PS3 also has Free online, some say its not as good as xbox live
get xbox if you simply must play the much worn out halo series or gears
PS3 also has a Very powerful and fun media server abilities right out of the box too, no hacking required.

#45 Guest_crumejack_*

Guest_crumejack_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:43 AM

According to me PS3's are the best for graphics. It Because its more reliable and open ended and for The things that it comes with that you have to pay an extra hundred for on the Xbox.

#46 kaokien

kaokien

Novice Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:27 PM

imo if your strapped for cash and want online and more content that is always growing and the PS3 is going 3d this year the 360 is what's in right now but as SONY gives more and more through software updates and gaming line the PS3 will win in the longterm. I also think that the PSN is better then LIVE because there is no hackers and I would rather have a free safe online experience then a one full with hacker. Had my PS3 for 2 years now and I can say it never broke down on me but for my friend on the other side their 360 broke so they got a PS3 SlIM

#47 J15nel

J15nel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:02 PM

I owned a 60GB PS3 in 2008 after paying full whack for it (£425, yes, I am insane) and it was such a joy to own. The online was free, which was great for me as I never really like playing games online. The games were good at the time (Motorstorm, Ridge Racer 7, Full Auto 2: Battlelines, etc.) and it was just generally a nice experience. (It even survived my roof leaking on it over night..)

I then traded it in for a 360 Elite, as I worked at a video game shop at the time, and everyone there had one. The 360, yes, there are a lot of games, but not all of those games are that great I felt, as I got a few when I bought it, and played them for about 5 minutes and just felt the experience was the same, if more basic than the PS3. Paying £40 a year wasn't a joy either, what with the online experience being abusive teenagers fueled on sugar, it just didn't seem as mature as the PS3's online experience.

All in all, I say the PS3, especially now that it has gone slimline and is only £250 and has free online play which is a bonus. Get a 360 if you know a lot of people with one, so you can have a decent online experience.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 slacker

slacker

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:54 AM

The PS3 the hardware far beyond the craptastic M$ experience
free online
and i see no advantage of live over psn to merit its charge
Posted Image

#49 Guest_seb212121_*

Guest_seb212121_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:16 AM

I would defiantly get a PS3, they are a lot more reliable than an Xbox and have a better network (PSN), PS3s are improving all the time and more and more games are getting made for PS3s. Get a PS3, you will regret getting an Xbox. Also PS3s have better servers for COD.

#50 MarquisBlack

MarquisBlack

Novice Member

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:30 PM

I've owned an XBox 360 since...second year at college, I suppose. In that time, I've enjoyed its services and games, but as I've used a PS3 at friends' houses as well, I've found that each console has its benefits and drawbacks.

For instance, having played CoD games on both consoles (World at War on the PS3 and the rest on the 360), I find the 360 more suited to shooters. RPG games, however, seem to benefit most from the PS3's innate higher graphics capabilities and controller scheme. Of course, that's my personal preferences, so your own mileage may vary.

#51 Guest_brenosabino_*

Guest_brenosabino_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:20 PM

my 360 has already broken 3 times... I also have a PS3 but I still like my 360 more because of its great online service.

#52 Guest_uyab88_*

Guest_uyab88_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:23 AM

love them both

#53 Jewishkwanza

Jewishkwanza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:38 AM

I think that XBOX live is a better service than PSN and warrants the charge, which is only $50 a year, less than the average price of a newly released 360 game. It's also my opinion that the 360 has an overall better selection of games, and in my personal experience I know many more people who own 360's and almost no one I am friends with who game own PS3's (but they also don't own macs. XD). Though the 360 has physical stability problems mine has never broken, and mine is used. It is the second generation one though, so that might have something to do with it (It isn't a launch console.)
When I found The Porting Team, my Mac changed from my computer to my best friend. Thank you guys!

#54 Guest_baseballzlife_*

Guest_baseballzlife_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:45 PM

PS3 if ur into sports... get MLB 10 the show... its the best baseball game aroung by far

#55 Headrush69

Headrush69

Rookie Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 6970M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:01 PM

baseballzlife said:

PS3 if ur into sports... get MLB 10 the show... its the best baseball game aroung by far
Ditto, awesome game.

I play very few games on my PS3, mostly bought it for the Bluray feature.
Did buy two additional ones with broken blurays to use as media players over my LAN with my media server. (Low power Atom, works great)
System Specs: 27" iMac 12,2 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 1TB HD

Ported Games: Rollercoaster Tycoon 1, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (both with all expansion packs including UCES),
Sim Tower, Yoot Tower, Need for Speed - High Stakes, Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit 2, RCT3
Aliens Vs. Predator, Armed and Dangerous, Re-Volt, Sid Meier's Railroads, Steam:Rush

#56 Guest_steve500_*

Guest_steve500_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:58 PM

PS3 All the way!

#57 Guest_breachy51_*

Guest_breachy51_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

Weirdly enough, on nearly all american sitcoms i watch (which is a considerable amount!) people are always playing an xbox, if they are playing computer games that is. American bias against the Japanese Sony I presume.

I find it amusing how microsoft have brought out new, improved versions of the 360 for years now, I thought consumers would see through that, it basically hasn't changed!

#58 mdwmgw

mdwmgw

Novice Member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:50 PM

the ps3 uses newer components and is more open to developers

#59 Headrush69

Headrush69

Rookie Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 6970M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:37 PM

MLB.TV on PS3. Another great feature.
System Specs: 27" iMac 12,2 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 1TB HD

Ported Games: Rollercoaster Tycoon 1, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (both with all expansion packs including UCES),
Sim Tower, Yoot Tower, Need for Speed - High Stakes, Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit 2, RCT3
Aliens Vs. Predator, Armed and Dangerous, Re-Volt, Sid Meier's Railroads, Steam:Rush

#60 blargman

blargman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Locationyou would want to know
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:42 PM

360 all the way
!!!