1 reply to this topic

#1 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:03 PM

zAdvance is a Wrapper for VisualBoyAdvance – build M, a Game Boy Advance Emulator for Windows.
VisualBoyAdvance also has a native port for the mac, but the last build it’s developer made was over 7 (!) Years ago.

Yeah, brag about mac support and just give them ancient stuff. Way to go.
Anyway, zAdvance is a special CXZ Wrapper for the Gameboy Advance Emulator with a few extras from me.
zAdvance can play Gameboy Advance Games, Gameboy Color games and old Gameboy Games.

Posted Image

Requirements:
- Any Intel mac
- X11 and the CXZ Jade Engine have to be installed

right-clicking zAdvance and choosing ’show package contents’ results in the Folders you’re gonna work with:
Posted Image

The folders in the app are self explanatory, as are the many functions the Emulator in the Wrapper has.
Advance ROMs gon in the Advance folder, saves can be managed from the Native Saves and Emulator saves Folders and so on.

The Emulator can also work with zipped ROMs, and has screenshot options.
I’ve thrown in a XBOX360 Controller mapping in the misc Folder as well, if you’ve got one you can use it instead of the Keyboard.

Because VisualBoyAdvance-M has near perfect compatibility with Games, almost everything you throw at it works.
Some Games have some built-in copy protection, and refuse to play until you’ve patched them (don’t ask me on how to do that, heh)

zAdvance v0.9
Posted Image

current bugs:
- a small bug with the Window manager, when you load a Game it results in a big vertical window. Just press [esc] to enter Fullscreen Mode and [esc] to exit it again if you want to play in Window Mode

version history:
-zAdvance v0.9 – initial release

stuff to do:
-fix startup window bug…

Some screenshots:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

have fun kids
-zero
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#2 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:06 PM

Topic closed, will only use this for new builds.
Feel free to make a new Topic.
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users