102 replies to this topic

#1 Drakulix

Drakulix

Old nearly vanished Member

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GeForce 650M 1GB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • I like to play:FPS, Action, Minecraft, Skyrim, Strategy, rare Racing

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:02 PM

Hi doh,
I need some help.

I wanted to compile a special wine build for wineskinws3.
I compiled the clean 1.1.44 wine source successful with your WS3CustomBuild Package.
But my patched version got an error.
I think those are the important lines:
gcc-4.0 -m32 -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -D__WINESRC__ -DUSE_WS_PREFIX -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -I/Applications/.Wineskin3/include -arch i386 -m32 -O2 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -I/Applications/.Wineskin3/include  -o socket.o socket.c
socket.c: In function ‘WS2_get_pktinfo’:
socket.c:1420: error: ‘IP_PKTINFO’ undeclared (first use in this function)
socket.c:1420: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
socket.c:1420: error: for each function it appears in.)
socket.c: In function ‘WS2_pktinfo_check_mismatch’:
socket.c:1451: error: ‘IP_PKTINFO’ undeclared (first use in this function)
socket.c:1459: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
socket.c: In function ‘WS2_recv’:
socket.c:1512: error: ‘IP_PKTINFO’ undeclared (first use in this function)
socket.c:1537: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
socket.c:1540: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
socket.c: In function ‘WS2_fix_interface_bind’:
socket.c:1673: error: ‘IP_PKTINFO’ undeclared (first use in this function)
socket.c: In function ‘WS2_send’:
socket.c:1756: error: ‘IP_PKTINFO’ undeclared (first use in this function)
socket.c:1763: error: storage size of ‘pktinfo’ isn’t known
socket.c:1763: warning: unused variable ‘pktinfo’
socket.c: In function ‘fd_sets_with_pktinfo’:
socket.c:3223: error: ‘IP_PKTINFO’ undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [socket.o] Error 1
make: *** [dlls/ws2_32] Error 2
An error occured during Wine Make, build halted.
Cleaning up changes made for the build, if any...
moving build environment back...

The patches are taken from here: http://portingteam.c... ... e/#patches" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a special wine build called kane edition, because it is for c&c3.
I have an electronic arts game with exactly the same errors as c&c3 on wine, so I wanted to compile this wine version for myself.

Patch Number 7 and patch number 8 are modifying the socket.c, so they seem to be the problem.

Could you please help me with those patches?
I could pm you the whole build log if you like, but it is really big, so if you do not need it...

On last thing: the last compiled version (for linux of course) of the kane edition is v1.1.44.
1.2rc(x) is not working correctly. You cannot apply those patches.

Drakulix
Posted Image

#2 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

the 1.1.44 that I have from GIT, since the normal 1.1.44 has build errors... is a bit newer than 1.1.44, its got a lot of the fixes that was going towards 1.2RC1.  His patched version may have some of the other bugs from 1.1.44.  You may want to track down what the 1.1.44 bug on Mac OS X was ( I don't really recall) and see if you can find the patch file that fixed it, and see if that helps.

Other than that I'd have to look through a lot of the code... and the only code I'm really looking at right now is making a RANDR extension for Xquartz...

its very possible that the kane patches were written specifically with Linux in mind and that some of the "fixes" will not work on other OSes too...  its just a lot of work I don't think I have the time to get into... but if you wanna learn some C, dig in and figure out what its patching, and why the errors come up.

#3 compholio

compholio

Coder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:02 AM

doh123 said:

its very possible that the kane patches were written specifically with Linux in mind and that some of the "fixes" will not work on other OSes too...  its just a lot of work I don't think I have the time to get into... but if you wanna learn some C, dig in and figure out what its patching, and why the errors come up.
I ran across this thread in a google search the other day. I am the originator and maintainer of the kane patches and I popped in to say that, if you guys are interested, I can work with you to modify them for Mac OS X.  First, I should apologize for performing an incorrect define comparison, resulting in your build failures, this issue should be fixed in the updated patches available on my site (which are also much cleaner).

Unfortunately, my knowledge of Mac OS X sockets programming is not extensive, so I'll have to explain the patches a little bit.  There are three components to the patches: 1) binding, 2) sending, and 3) receiving.  In the binding step the interface corresponding to the bind() request is found and the actual bind is performed on INADDR_ANY.  For the sending stage IP_PKTINFO is used to set the interface on the socket to the one found in the binding step, Linux/BSD then uses this interface for sending the packets.  At the receiving component the IP_PKTINFO data is returned in a message control header and checked against the stored interface for the socket, throwing out any packets that are meant for a different interface.  So, for Mac OS X part (1) should remain the same - the tricky part is that part (2) and (3) require IP_PKTINFO (which is strangely unsupported).  I have done a little research and it appears that for the receive portion Mac OS X supports the old IP_RECVIF, so the only remaining trick would be sending the packet out on the appropriate interface.  If you have any suggestions on how to handle this then please let me know and I'll try and whip something up for you to test.

#4 Drakulix

Drakulix

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

compholio said:

I ran across this thread in a google search the other day. I am the originator and maintainer of the kane patches and I popped in to say that, if you guys are interested, I can work with you to modify them for Mac OS X.  First, I should apologize for performing an incorrect define comparison, resulting in your build failures, this issue should be fixed in the updated patches available on my site (which are also much cleaner).

Unfortunately, my knowledge of Mac OS X sockets programming is not extensive, so I'll have to explain the patches a little bit.  There are three components to the patches: 1) binding, 2) sending, and 3) receiving.  In the binding step the interface corresponding to the bind() request is found and the actual bind is performed on INADDR_ANY.  For the sending stage IP_PKTINFO is used to set the interface on the socket to the one found in the binding step, Linux/BSD then uses this interface for sending the packets.  At the receiving component the IP_PKTINFO data is returned in a message control header and checked against the stored interface for the socket, throwing out any packets that are meant for a different interface.  So, for Mac OS X part (1) should remain the same - the tricky part is that part (2) and (3) require IP_PKTINFO (which is strangely unsupported).  I have done a little research and it appears that for the receive portion Mac OS X supports the old IP_RECVIF, so the only remaining trick would be sending the packet out on the appropriate interface.  If you have any suggestions on how to handle this then please let me know and I'll try and whip something up for you to test.

I have no idea about patching wine and mac os x sockets, but I would be very nice, if you could get the patches running.
Actually the game I am talking about (battle for middle earth 1) is still one of my famous games and up to day I was not able to get a mac port running, that actually does work in lan with other mac versions. I know several games with errors like this, because broadcasting is just not working via wine on mac, so this would be a big help for our community. I was able to get a version of cider to run with the game based on the official c&c3 port for mac. (cider is a special winex build from transgaming for mac, based on cedega.)
Sadly I cannot use the whole cider build for my game only some parts, because the cider build has some flags hardcoded in the executable that causes bfme to load c&c3 instead, ... they are using the same engine. So the game does actually work, if a windows computer hosts and the mac one joins. So I have a version where the receiving (3) is working!
If it would help you, I could send the file of cider to you, that adds the broadcast support for receiving. Maybe you could find a way to decompile it and find out, how transgaming got this to work on mac and reuse this for your patches.
Posted Image

#5 compholio

compholio

Coder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:02 PM

Drakulix said:

I have no idea about patching wine and mac os x sockets, but I would be very nice, if you could get the patches running. ...
Well, I came up with a trick for sending packets on the correct interface, it's just non-ideal.  So, I now have some hopefully-OSX-compatible patches that I've put together and uploaded to my site.  You can download them here (right-click and save as):
[1/5] http://www.compholio...ast-tests.patch
[2/5] http://www.compholio...ce-ID-wit.patch
[3/5] http://www.compholio...on-socket.patch
[4/5] http://www.compholio...rfaces-wh.patch
[5/5] http://www.compholio...aces-on-s.patch
Please note that these patches are for the most recent Wine in git (two of my older patches are now accepted).  The first four patches should patch and compile properly but do nothing (on OSX at least) and the fifth patch will hopefully add OSX support.

Drakulix said:

Actually the game I am talking about (battle for middle earth 1) is still one of my famous games and up to day I was not able to get a mac port running, that actually does work in lan with other mac versions.
Could you provide a link to the AppDB entry for this game?  Bug #7929 does not say that application is affected by the broadcast issue, though I would not be surprised to find that no-one has linked it yet.

Drakulix said:

... If it would help you, I could send the file of cider to you, that adds the broadcast support for receiving. Maybe you could find a way to decompile it and find out, how transgaming got this to work on mac and reuse this for your patches.
No, I live in the US so that kind of activity is on questionable legal grounds.

#6 Drakulix

Drakulix

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:05 PM

compholio said:

Well, I came up with a trick for sending packets on the correct interface, it's just non-ideal.  So, I now have some hopefully-OSX-compatible patches that I've put together and uploaded to my site.  You can download them here (right-click and save as):
[1/5] http://www.compholio...ast-tests.patch
[2/5] http://www.compholio...ce-ID-wit.patch
[3/5] http://www.compholio...on-socket.patch
[4/5] http://www.compholio...rfaces-wh.patch
[5/5] http://www.compholio...aces-on-s.patch
Please note that these patches are for the most recent Wine in git (two of my older patches are now accepted).  The first four patches should patch and compile properly but do nothing (on OSX at least) and the fifth patch will hopefully add OSX support.
BIG THX. I will try them as soon as possible.

compholio said:

Could you provide a link to the AppDB entry for this game?  Bug #7929 does not say that application is affected by the broadcast issue, though I would not be surprised to find that no-one has linked it yet.
There is the link:
http://appdb.winehq....objectManager.p ... n&iId=2713
I is surely affected by this bug and some others from c&c3. I uses the same engine.
If you load the game with a -game flag pointing at your c&c3 folder you will get the c&c3 game started instead of bmfe,
but with the bmfe cursors for some reason. That shows how similar this engines are.
Posted Image

#7 Drakulix

Drakulix

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:49 PM

Still producing errors.
But quite less then my previous try:

gcc-4.0 -m32 -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -D__WINESRC__ -DUSE_WS_PREFIX -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -I/tmp/Wineskin/include -arch i386 -m32 -O2 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -I/tmp/Wineskin/include  -o socket_shim.o socket_shim.c
socket_shim.c: In function ‘WS2_get_pktiface’:
socket_shim.c:143: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[1]: *** [socket_shim.o] Error 1
make: *** [dlls/ws2_32] Error 2
An error occured during Wine Make, build halted.
Cleaning up changes made for the build, if any...

Posted Image

#8 compholio

compholio

Coder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

Drakulix said:

Still producing errors.
But quite less then my previous try:
socket_shim.c:143: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
Could you try searching your header files (I presume they're in /usr/include like most Unix systems) for "struct sockaddr_dl"?  I'm guessing that I need to add an additional include to gain access to that parameter I need.

#9 compholio

compholio

Coder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:18 PM

From some Googling, is it perchance located in "net/if_dl.h" ?

#10 Drakulix

Drakulix

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:52 PM

compholio said:

yes it is.
Taken from if_dl.h:
 * Structure of a Link-Level sockaddr:
 */
struct sockaddr_dl {
	u_char	sdl_len;	/* Total length of sockaddr */
	u_char	sdl_family;	/* AF_LINK */
	u_short	sdl_index;	/* if != 0, system given index for interface */
	u_char	sdl_type;	/* interface type */
	u_char	sdl_nlen;	/* interface name length, no trailing 0 reqd. */
	u_char	sdl_alen;	/* link level address length */
	u_char	sdl_slen;	/* link layer selector length */
	char	sdl_data[12];	/* minimum work area, can be larger;
				   contains both if name and ll address */
#ifndef __APPLE__
	/* For TokenRing */
	u_short	sdl_rcf;	/* source routing control */
	u_short	sdl_route[16];	/* source routing information */
#endif
};

Posted Image

#11 compholio

compholio

Coder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:58 PM

Drakulix said:

compholio said:

yes it is.
Ok, I've uploaded a new version with some minor cosmetic changes (against 1.3.9, released this morning) that also includes that header file:
http://www.compholio...e-kane/#patches

Hopefully this'll do the trick.

#12 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:05 AM

Ummm...I'm pretty sure you should have a coder rank. Newbie to the site or not, you know your shit.

Great work...can you make a patch that'll get dotNET 3.5 to work  :wink:

#13 Drakulix

Drakulix

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:05 PM

DankoB said:

Ummm...I'm pretty sure you should have a coder rank. Newbie to the site or not, you know your shit.

He should definitely get the Coder Rank.
It compiled successful.
Now I need to find my game disk, lol!
I will try to report the results soon.
Posted Image

#14 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:56 PM

just as a tip... while the normal include files for this and many things will be the same... if your building in Wineskin, just know its compiling against all of them in the build engine base in ~/Library/Application Support/Wineskin/EngineBase/{engine base name} so you might have to check stuff there.

#15 compholio

compholio

Coder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:51 PM

DankoB said:

Unfortunately I am not as familiar with MSI installers as I would need to be to fix that particular issue (and I don't have the time to become familiar due to all the other patches I'm trying to get accepted).  I'm currently working on getting the "bind to specific interface" patches included (mostly for the C&C series, the issue this thread is about), getting patches included for the background music in Fallout 3, updating the HTML Help icons (used in a ray-tracing application called ZEMAX), and including some miscellaneous animated cursor patches.  Hopefully after I finish with all of that I will get to fixing "that Command and Conquer game that was never made," which requires the dotNET 3.5 presentation framework for its stupid little launcher program.

Drakulix said:

...It compiled successful.
Now I need to find my game disk, lol!
I will try to report the results soon.
Great news!  Since your BFME game uses the same engine as the C&C games I have high hopes that these revised patches will work for you, but please let me know either way.  One of my C&C-playing friends is a huge LotR fan, so now that I know about these games I may have to convince everyone to go pick them up.

#16 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

you've been codered!

Did you submit this to the appdb?

Spoiler

It's what I used to get the music working in F3 and FNV

If so thanks a tonne!

You should post links for people to vote at for your submissions, I bet people would respond

#17 compholio

compholio

Coder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

DankoB said:

Did you submit this to the appdb?
You should post links for people to vote at for your submissions, I bet people would respond
That looks like the original patch made by Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu.  I investigate the source of the assertions he removed in those patches and updated them to (hopefully) be more acceptable with the powers that be, you can find a semi-recent version of these updates at Bug #24478.

For the C&C interface binding patches I am the assignee for Bug #7929, which I have been working on making acceptable for some time now.  I'm hoping that with the recent discovery of this issue affecting FileMaker Pro, and with the addition of Mac OS X support, that I'll finally get this one licked.

I don't have bugs for the HTML Help and animated cursor issues at this time, as they are not critical issues.  However, my more critical animated cursor patches were recently included as the only new feature in Wine 1.2.2 (Bug #16281).

edit: Actually, there is one critical issue with HTML Help at Bug #25463 - but it should be resolved shortly.

#18 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

Drakulix said:

« Sun May 15, 2011 9:39 am »   someone here, who can make a custom engine for me with this patch: http://portingteam.c... ... -kane/patc ... 0.patch.gz ? I tried already by myself, but every single try my build is broken, although it compiles correctly and no files are missing in the engine bundle. Removing XCode 3.5 was a bad idea...

Well after a few dormant months this thread is brought back from the dead....as per your shoutbox request I am currently building the 1.3.20 source modified with the patch you posted.

Here's the terminal output for the patching process:

Spoiler

Patched successfully. Now we'll see about the build. I thought it was odd when a dlls folder appeared on the desktop. I didn't realize the files need to be added to the source. The first build failed shortly after it started but this one seems to e going just fine. I'll let you know how things turn out after lunch.

#19 Drakulix

Drakulix

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

well you should have just used
cd /$HOME/Desktop/wine-1.3.20/; patch -p1 < ../kame.patch
But if I understand you correctly, you have already figured it out, how to patch this.
Big thanks DankoB and of course also to compholio.
I just found the cd again and I am planning to play this game a lan party I have next friday, so then I will
know if the patches are working correctly.
Posted Image

#20 compholio

compholio

Coder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:11 PM

Drakulix said:

I just found the cd again and I am planning to play this game a lan party I have next friday, so then I will
know if the patches are working correctly.

Awesome, I'm excited to hear how it goes.  I'm going to be out of the country the next couple weeks, but if it doesn't work just let me know and hopefully I'll have Internet access to try and give you a different patch.  My only concern is with how packets are sent out in an interface-specific manner (and there are a couple of different ways to approach the problem).

#21 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

Here it is Drak...no issues. Everything finished the way it should have so I really hope it works out for you. Just place the file you download in your ~User Name/Library/Application Support/Wineskin/Engines/ folder and hope for the best.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

#22 Drakulix

Drakulix

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

Well thanks DankoB, but this Engine has the same problem I experienced with my own build.
When I create a wrapper with this engine the gecko question dialog is not showing up and inside the wrapper
all registry files and the c_drive are missing. And when I try to create them using another engine and then replace
the Engine bundle with the KaneBuild-Bundle no exe files would start... Can you confirm this on your mac?
Posted Image

#23 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

yeah, it's the same thing on my end, Drak. I just tested it out by creating a new wrapper with it and no c_drive....This happened when I patched and built from source for the Hellgate wrapper. I got around it by extracting the engine from the ~User Name/Library/Application Support/Wineskin/Engines/ folder and then created a stock WS7 Wrapper and simply replaced the stock  WineskinEngine.bundle with the patched WineskinEngine.bundle and it worked just fine...maybe you can try that to work around it so you have a working wrapper by Friday.

Good luck.

ps - this seems to be a WineskinWinery error...not an error with the patch, as far as I can tell.

#24 Drakulix

Drakulix

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

Got the engine to start.
The problem is X11 related.
With the broken engine I get this line in the X11.log : "Extension /tmp/Wineskin/X11/quartzvm was not recognized."
After I replaced the X11 folder inside the engine bundle with the one of my stock 1.3.20 engine it started working.
I am currently working on the game.

EDIT: Okay now the X11Server is quiting after some seconds...

EDIT2: I think the problem is related to the fact, that this patch modifies the wineserver...  :x
Posted Image

#25 compholio

compholio

Coder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

Drakulix said:

EDIT2: I think the problem is related to the fact, that this patch modifies the wineserver...  :x
The modification to the wineserver is very minimal, but it is generally necessary to do a full recompile if you compiled the unmodified version previously.  If you've done that then the only thing I can think of would be that some portion of Wineskin is dependent on the server interface - in which case that would also need to be recompiled against the modified server headers.

#26 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:01 AM

There is a bug in the Task list about parsing engine names.

Right now a wrapper is not going to run right (including during creation), unless the name starts with WS7Wine ... if you drop the word Wine out, its going to fail parsing the name right and not launch.  This is a logic error I have in the main Wineskin executable.

#27 Drakulix

Drakulix

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:14 PM

Thanks doh, this worked.
Sadly I cannot get the game to start up at all.
In depend of the engine I am using, it just crashes on startup.
Seems that I missed something. I am pretty sure I got it already to run in Wineskin some time ago...
Posted Image

#28 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:12 PM

It most certainly runs in Wineskin...it does with wine 1.3.18 anyway...I just finished the tutorial for it. I installe the DX9 from the install files and vcrun2005 then dsound and dsound=full

Is the Kane Edition ultimately version 1.09? I'm just curious because it wasn't specified as such although it is certainly 1.09 and  occupies 7 GB of HD space.

I'm going to try and rebuild the engine again Drak...can you specify the patch to use? *edit...nevermind, found the patch set

**edit...the sound was really choppy so I had to install DirectX9 via winetricks to get rid of that...also dsoundhw=full is not necessary...this is with unpatched wine so I assume the multiplayer will not work

***edit...I'm building it again...this time with 1.3.21....everything patched correctly and I'll post my result this afternoon.

****edit...OK so the build went fine and naming the bundle correctly allowed it to load into the wrapper just fine...everything seems to working fine except the mouse due to the nature of the latest patched Xinput2 implementation into wine. So the patch applied to source just fine...Wineskin Winery built the bundle without issues and the game runs with the patched engine just as it would in regular wine. But that damn mouse flubs things up...so now I am patching and building 1.3.18....the last good Wine source for Mac

Here's to hoping it works.

*****edit...Well I patched it...but one line failed....I don't know how easy it would be to edit it to work with 1.3.18 but I'm gonna try and build it now and hopefully that one line won't stop it from building....Is it possible to get an edited version of this patch to work with 1.3.18? - http://www.compholio...1.3.20.patch.gz

Here's the Terminal output upon patching....if for some reason the build fails...I will then post the error that caused it to fail.

Spoiler

#29 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:18 PM

After all the edits, I figured it was time to bump this one for some attention...

So here are the two WineKaneEdition WineskinEngine.bundles that I came up with.

The first one is WineKane 1.3.18...viewing the last edit of the post you'll notice that there was only one error in the patching of the source....the build completed successfully but I have yet to test it out. Feel free to do so it is available via mediafire below

WS7 Wine Kane Edition 1.3.18

This next one is a completely successful build with no errors, it's WineKane 1.3.21. The reason for the 1.3.18 version is due to the Xinput2 implementation into wine which significantly helps with certain games but cause major issues with the majority of titles that I've tested. This was implemented into 1.3.19 and onwards...if you test this engine you will likely notice an issue with mouse movement where the camera constantly wants veer to the bottom left corner....the mouse cursor is also an arrow pointing in the same direction not the one that it should be.

WS7 Wine Kane Edition 1.3.21

Hopefully these engines will help out some with testing.

Another thing I've noticed is the inconsistent startups of the game and I've come to realize that the Documents folder contains the Command and Conquer 3 Profile folder...by removing my profile folder the game started up without issues. I closed it down and placed the folder back into the Documents/Command and Conquer 3 folder and started the game without issue. That may be something to look at if anyone is having issues starting the game.

#30 compholio

compholio

Coder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

DankoB said:

...viewing the last edit of the post you'll notice that there was only one error in the patching of the source....the build completed successfully but I have yet to test it out. ...
Sorry I didn't see this message sooner, been a little busy.  The error you see is actually "really bad" ™, it indicates that the server protocol was not updated - so Wine will likely crash in circumstances that require the special networking code provided by the patches.  You can fix this by either running "./tools/make_requests" from the Wine folder or by downloading the patches built specifically for 1.3.18 from this link:
http://www.compholio...1.3.18.patch.gz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users