BoomBox

Champion Member

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • Graphics Card:2x GTX 780 Ti
  • Operating System:Windows
  • I like to play:anything

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:26 AM

Ive ported a Sniper: Gjost Warrior wrapper, As i have updated it to Wine 1.2, The speed is much much better, but it keeps on crashing around 15 mins of play. It also crashes after you finish the chapter (this hasnt happened so much, the last chapter i played, it crashed after the second one)

This is the error that comes up in the LastRunWine.log

Spoiler

Another version of the error:

Spoiler

Any help on what this means?

Also, While im thinking about it, Im also getting these errors in the LastRunWine.log file:

Spoiler
(happens about 200 or so times, same thing)

The one below happens as an interval, maybe every 30 or so of the above, i guess you could say, its not very common, but its mixed up inbetween the above.

Spoiler

and

Spoiler
(once again, happens 200 or so times, with very minor changes in the last number)

Heres the whole LastRunWine.log, if you want to look at it:

Heres the LastRunX11.log, if you want it:

Spoiler

Thanks for your time and help, Its appreciated.
If my ports links are dead, Email me.   [ BoomBoxCreations (at) gmail . com ]

#2 playn

playn

Just Playin'

• Donators
  • 1966 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:48 AM

im not sure, but about the buffer_sync_apple, have a look at this site (text search for buffer_sync_apple) http://people.redhat.../mstefani/wine/ ... s_all.html
it has a little bit of information, but not sure if itll be of much help. something about memory leaks

and also http://wiki.winehq.o...fulRegistryKeys under direct3d theres options about frame buffering. dont know if those two might be related or not. good luck!

Posted Image

'Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?'

– Steve Jobs

#3 BoomBox

BoomBox

Champion Member

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:03 AM

playn said:

im not sure, but about the buffer_sync_apple, have a look at this site (text search for buffer_sync_apple) http://portingteam.c...edirect.php?htt ... s_all.html
it has a little bit of information, but not sure if itll be of much help. something about memory leaks

and also http://portingteam.c...edirect.php?htt ... gistryKeys under direct3d theres options about frame buffering. dont know if those two might be related or not. good luck!

Thats actually quite handy, Its just i dont know how to fix the problem myself.

I could alwys try to set the NULL on line 840 to something different, but i dont know what it is actually compatible with.

#4 Pluto999

Pluto999

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

BoomBoxCreations said:

Sniper: Ghost Warrior
Wine 1.2
keeps on crashing around 15 mins of play.
It also crashes after you finish the chapter.
Compare:

viewtopic.php?f=225&t=5179

'Working on a Mirror's Edge port via Wineskin'

'Wineskin has problems with freezing up the game when loading parts of the level or saving. Try completing a level and you'll see.'
Intel iMac 2.4 GHz, ATI HD2600 256 MB, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.6.5
Power Mac G5 2x1,8 GHz, GeForce FX 5200, 1.5 GB RAM, OS X 10.4.11

#5 BoomBox

BoomBox

Champion Member

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:08 AM

I think ive fixed the crashing now, Been playing for about 2 or so hours, and hasnt shat itself yet.

Ill upload the updated wrapper later today. ts still a bit slow, but faster than the other one i have up. Much much faster. It could be classified as green!

#6 Crowie

Crowie

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 630 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI HD 2600
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:32 PM

BoomBoxCreations said:

I think ive fixed the crashing now, Been playing for about 2 or so hours, and hasnt shat itself yet.

Ill upload the updated wrapper later today. ts still a bit slow, but faster than the other one i have up. Much much faster. It could be classified as green!

For the ATI card also?
Fan of WineSkin http://wineskin.doh123.com/FAQ.html

In memory of my forumfriend MaxWeber (21/06/09)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 BoomBox

BoomBox

Champion Member

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:07 AM

Crowie said:

BoomBoxCreations said:

For the ATI card also?

Once again, Im going to need some ATI tessters again, So it would be rated Green on my Nvidia machine.

But i would love it if you could test :D

#8 Crowie

Crowie

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:20 AM

BoomBoxCreations said:

Crowie said:

BoomBoxCreations said:

For the ATI card also?

Once again, Im going to need some ATI tessters again, So it would be rated Green on my Nvidia machine.

But i would love it if you could test :D

No problemo but where is your new new wrapper?

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 BoomBox

BoomBox

Champion Member

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:36 AM

Crowie said:

No problemo but where is your new new wrapper?

Trying to upload for the 10th time :)

Firefox keeps crashing, or safari's flash plugin crashes or chrome cant connect to mediafire or my internet suddenly loses connection. What fun :P

#10 Pluto999

Pluto999

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:53 AM

BoomBoxCreations said:

Im also getting these errors in the LastRunWine.log file:

rr:d3d:buffer_direct_upload Failed to map opengl buffer
err:d3d:buffer_direct_upload >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glMapBufferARB @ buffer.c / 888

The one below happens as an interval, maybe every 30 or so of the above, i guess you could say, its not very common, but its mixed up inbetween the above.

err:d3d:buffer_sync_apple >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glBufferDataARB
 @ buffer.c / 792
May these usual Wine/Wineskin errors be the reason of Wine/Wineskin ports poor graphics performance? Also Wineskin is more versatile Cider and CXZ are seems to be better optimized for graphics (and more stable) in general. For example from my tests on my ATI-equipped Mac of UE3-based games I'm usually getting decent not-very-stable performance in Wineskin in 800x600 all-low while CXZ ports of the same games are rock-solid in 1280x800 all-high (with known graphics bugs) with the same FPS framerate and Cider ports (if they are successful) are about the same. Maybe it is ATI-only problem - for obvious reason (10.6  + ATI card) I'm trying to keep with Wineskin but due to poor graphics performance and annoying crashes in higher resolutions (maybe also due to the lack of performance as dependence - more errors in higher resolutions - is evident) I can't rate them more than ORANGE - I'll upload some shooters this week as examples.

#11 BoomBox

BoomBox

Champion Member

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:58 AM

Pluto999 said:

BoomBoxCreations said:

Im also getting these errors in the LastRunWine.log file:

rr:d3d:buffer_direct_upload Failed to map opengl buffer
err:d3d:buffer_direct_upload >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glMapBufferARB @ buffer.c / 888

err:d3d:buffer_sync_apple >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glBufferDataARB
 @ buffer.c / 792
May these usual Wine/Wineskin errors be the reason of Wine/Wineskin ports poor graphics performance? Also Wineskin is more versatile Cider and CXZ are seems to be better optimized for graphics (and more stable) in general. For example from my tests on my ATI-equipped Mac of UE3-based games I'm usually getting decent not-very-stable performance in Wineskin in 800x600 all-low while CXZ ports of the same games are rock-solid in 1280x800 all-high (with known graphics bugs) with the same FPS framerate and Cider ports (if they are successful) are about the same. Maybe it is ATI-only problem - for obvious reason (10.6  + ATI card) I'm trying to keep with Wineskin but due to poor graphics performance and annoying crashes in higher resolutions (maybe also due to the lack of performance as dependence - more errors in higher resolutions - is evident) I can't rate them more than ORANGE - I'll upload some shooters this week as examples.

I need some more ATI testers, so if you could do so, It would be good! (ill also send you, Crowie and DankoB a PM for testing out Crysis on your ATI cards :D )

#12 playn

playn

Just Playin'

• Donators
  • 1966 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:25 AM

Pluto999 said:

eventually we wont have to worry about that anymore :)

doh123 said:

also using cxwine engines could help speed with certain games, since there is often enhancements for certain games they put in cxwine.  I'm developing a way to make cxwine based engines to be normal downloadable engine to work with normal Wineskin engines.

thats gonna be sweeeet

Posted Image

'Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?'

– Steve Jobs

#13 BoomBox

BoomBox

Champion Member

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:05 AM

Fixed :D [link]

#14 Crowie

Crowie

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:44 AM

sorry friend. your new wrapper don't work for my ATI card!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Pluto999

Pluto999

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:58 PM

Crowie said:

don't work for my ATI card!
Tomorrow I'll upload two Wineskin ports - Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway and Medal of Honor Airborne - both tested on ATI/10.6.4. Bug - occasional crashes on map loading and ingame crashes in higher resolutions - can't fix it for a month and give up now. Minor graphics bug in BIAHH cutscenes. Plus CXZ wrappers for testing on NVidia (unplayable on ATI due to graphics bugs).

As promised.

#16 BoomBox

BoomBox

Champion Member

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

Pluto999 said:

Crowie said:

don't work for my ATI card!
Tomorrow I'll upload two Wineskin ports - Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway and Medal of Honor Airborne - both tested on ATI/10.6.4. Bug - occasional crashes on map loading and ingame crashes in higher resolutions - can't fix it for a month and give up now. Minor graphics bug in BIAHH cutscenes. Plus CXZ wrappers for testing on NVidia (unplayable on ATI due to graphics bugs).

As promised.

Get my port working under your ATI card!!!!

Ill give a hand if needed...

#17 eluminx

eluminx

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

i can also test for ATI card if need be.  Been wanting to get this game working going on 4 days now.

#18 Guest_falconsight_*

Guest_falconsight_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

Hey, I am not sure, but I cant find your Port, mind pm me a link?

#19 Guest_txrxi_*

Guest_txrxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:22 AM

yes, I couldn't find it either. Can you please repost?  Thanks

#20 bertrude

bertrude

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

Stoked on this!!!