• Create Account

Porting The GodFather II via cider 2432

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_killasapo_*

Guest_killasapo_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

Ok I'm trying to port over "The Godfather II" via a boot camp install that i have on my system (and then "Call Of Duty World At War" but that's getting ahead of myself)

i've followed the video ( viewtopic.php?f=35&t=452) To the letter!!!

using the Cider 2432 upload from here  (http://ibrain.com.ua... ... tjwwyxz231)

with no luck I'm wondering if that cider pack has all the supporting DLL's and files that i need as I'm getting the following errors when i try to launch my ported god father 2

UniMacBook:~ johnny$ /Users/johnny/Desktop/The\ Godfather\ II.app/Contents/MacOS/cider ; exit;
dyld: Symbol not found: _MACDRV_main
  Referenced from: /Users/johnny/Desktop/The Godfather II.app/Contents/MacOS/cider
  Expected in: /Users/johnny/Desktop/The Godfather II.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libwine.dylib

Trace/BPT trap
logout

[Process completed]

#2 loco

loco

PortingTeam Founder

• Administrators
  • 1186 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

Is the mediafire version the same one as the one found here: /viewtopic.php?f=5&t=390 ?

Follow us on facebook:

#3 grabberslasher

grabberslasher

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:33 PM

killasapo said:

Ok I'm trying to port over "The Godfather II" via a boot camp install that i have on my system (and then "Call Of Duty World At War" but that's getting ahead of myself)

i've followed the video ( viewtopic.php?f=35&t=452) To the letter!!!

using the Cider 2432 upload from here  (http://ibrain.com.ua... ... tjwwyxz231)

with no luck I'm wondering if that cider pack has all the supporting DLL's and files that i need as I'm getting the following errors when i try to launch my ported god father 2

UniMacBook:~ johnny$ /Users/johnny/Desktop/The\ Godfather\ II.app/Contents/MacOS/cider ; exit;
dyld: Symbol not found: _MACDRV_main
  Referenced from: /Users/johnny/Desktop/The Godfather II.app/Contents/MacOS/cider
  Expected in: /Users/johnny/Desktop/The Godfather II.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libwine.dylib

Trace/BPT trap
logout

[Process completed]

You're set to the MacDrv video driver in the config file most likely, and that version of Cider doesn't support it. Change macdrv to sdldrv in the Preferences/Config folder

#4 Guest_killasapo_*

Guest_killasapo_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:48 PM

loco said:

Is the mediafire version the same one as the one found here: /viewtopic.php?f=5&t=390 ?

this doesn't look the same as the link you are giving me is like under 30 megs and the link that i posted is showing almost 74 megs hummmm.......

#5 Guest_killasapo_*

Guest_killasapo_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:55 PM

You're set to the MacDrv video driver in the config file most likely, and that version of Cider doesn't support it. Change macdrv to sdldrv in the Preferences/Config folder[/quote]

here is the config file i didn't change anything and it looks like it's already set to the sdldrv

#6 Guest_killasapo_*

Guest_killasapo_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:24 PM

Ok Loco rebuilding the God Father II using the cider link you just gave me and i'm now getting something else here is the following looks like it needs Direct X 9 which i'm not sure if cider can handle (please correct me if i'm wrong)

err:reg:Nt_openConfigW could not retrieve the module file name (reason: 'bad module')
err:reg:Nt_openConfigW could not retrieve the module file name (reason: 'bad module')
err:fixup:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for SHELL32.dll.177(SHGetFolderPathAndSubDirW) imported from C:\Program Files\The Godfather II\godfather2.exe, setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin d3dx9_40.dll: dlopen(/Users/johnny/Desktop/The Godfather II.app/Contents/Frameworks/libd3dx9_40.dylib, 2): image not found
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) d3dx9_40.dll (which is needed by C:\Program Files\The Godfather II\godfather2.exe) not found
err:fixup:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for SHELL32.dll.177(SHGetFolderPathAndSubDirW) imported from C:\Program Files\The Godfather II\godfather2.exe, setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin d3dx9_40.dll: dlopen(/Users/johnny/Desktop/The Godfather II.app/Contents/Frameworks/libd3dx9_40.dylib, 2): image not found
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) d3dx9_40.dll (which is needed by C:\Program Files\The Godfather II\godfather2.exe) not found
logout

#7 Guest_killasapo_*

Guest_killasapo_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:42 PM

adding the following DLL (d3dx9_40.dll)  to my cider "windows/system32/" folder and i now get a debug error  yes or no? both end with no positive results   :roll:

http://www.picimg.co...0c140a18ae8.png

#8 applecider

applecider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:09 PM

killasapo said:

adding the following DLL (d3dx9_40.dll)  to my cider "windows/system32/" folder and i now get a debug error  yes or no? both end with no positive results   :roll:
You want to add the libd3dx9_40.dylib file to the Frameworks folder.  Or find a cider wrapper that already has that file.

#9 dafootballer

dafootballer

Master Member

• Members
  • 1259 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GeForce 9400m
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:11 PM

or try the original cider 2432 not thedoctors version

Posted ImagePosted ImageJoin the Porting Team Steam Group!

#10 loco

loco

PortingTeam Founder

• Administrators
  • 1186 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:04 PM

killasapo said:

http://www.picimg.co...0c140a18ae8.png
Try looking for an alternative copy of that dll to the system32 folder. I.e downloaded from somewhere else, or from a windows computer.

Follow us on facebook:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users