#62 checheche

checheche

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

grinderman said:

and probably in a non-carbon-based form

I wonder what a non-carbon based lifeform would work on. I know there's some organisms they've been digging up from thermal vents on the seabed that use arsenic (I think?) to drive their metabolism rather than whatever we use.

#63 schmuk

schmuk

Novice Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:48 PM

I believe!

#64 jagerr94

jagerr94

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:16 AM

i believe they exist, more and more alien sightings are happening closer to 2012

#65 fishpig117

fishpig117

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:33 AM

yep

#66 iHope

iHope

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

It is highly possible that other life format than "us" exist. It is possible that those "aliens" are only creation of our mind :P

#67 jovrtn

jovrtn

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

You should read the book 'Communion' and tell me what you think after that.

#68 snoop

snoop

Novice Member

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
  • I like to play:RPG's

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:49 AM

You've probably seen this by now but what the hell:
http://news.discover... ... 11205.html

#69 rehnai

rehnai

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

The universe is unimaginably big, there are biliions and billions of galaxies, each one housing billions of stars, since we have life on our planet orbiting one sun, there must be other planets with life in it. But even if there is intelligent life out there, it is nearly impossible to travel those vast distances let alone finding life in other planets.

Imagine that we have found life on an other planet and a way to get there.
Would we be trolling it's inhabitants by abducting their cattle and flying our spacecraft in the sky and dissapearing when they try to film us with their primitive cameras? After all the trouble and spent resources to even get there I don't think we would just observe them.

So I believe there is life on other planets but I do not believe we have ever made contact with another alien species...

#70 Krull9k

Krull9k

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:33 PM

We're not alone in this vast universe, and I do believe that we've been visited numerous times, as there seems to be a lot of proofs for that; Pyramids, ancient texts etc.

#71 Nowayback

Nowayback

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

rehnai said:

The universe is unimaginably big, there are biliions and billions of galaxies, each one housing billions of stars, since we have life on our planet orbiting one sun, there must be other planets with life in it. But even if there is intelligent life out there, it is nearly impossible to travel those vast distances let alone finding life in other planets.

Amen!

And even IF there is 'other/alien' life, and IF we could travel those huge distance, then there's a REALLY small chance they are as 'intelligent' as us.

There is probably other life out there, but most likely only some bacteria or micro organisms.

#72 karacho

karacho

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9600M GT

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:39 AM

lol humankind is intelligent?
they never learned anything in the past 2000+ years (i don't mean human invented knowladge)

But even if there is intelligent life out there, it is nearly impossible to travel those vast distances let alone finding life in other planets.

impossible for humans with it's limited possibilites of thinking, yes. we are not even a little child in comparison to how old the universe could be. we think of constants on what we build our sience on top. but as new theories and physics show us, nothing is constant. even time could be a produkt of our thinking. perhaps time and space could be the same and we, with our limited thinking, can't break out of this circle for now.
we are just animals, organisms that are here to experience our being. we even don't know what we are in comparison to the everything.

i make myself remember this all the time: we just have 5 sences on what we build our "knowledge". every sence is limited. so knowledge has to be.
for example seeing. the frequencies we can see are just a marginal fragment of waves that are there and even we can measure.

#73 mischa69

mischa69

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:32 PM

I believe in ancient alien theory it's really cool

#74 MrZep

MrZep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia 9600 (MBP 2009)
  • I like to play:rpg, shoot 'em up, action/strategy

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

I am an expert in the topic as I come straight from SGLORB IV, planet in the far star system of GLORB. Since I got here on planet BLORB (or as you call it, "Earth", funny name, tsk!) I must say I believe in the existence of the so called Aliens. And you kno what? they're Pink with "ears", right like in our sci-fi novels from the years 1FFF.

#75 wMin17

wMin17

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:06 AM

It is certainly possible.  I studied the aztecs and according to them, the world will end on the date December 23, 2012.  The aztecs were amazing at astronomy, mind you.  No one knows why they thought the world was gonna end like this.  Some people says the aztecs saw aliens and the aliens told them they would come in 2012.

#76 Alexis Winters

Alexis Winters

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

Nothing is a coincidence, not even the way Earth was formed. I'd say they exist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users