#31 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GTX 680MX 2GB
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:First Person Shooters, Arcade Games, Adventure Games, Platformers, Puzzlers

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:43 PM

Like for example if I want to launch a game from the terminal to check why it is crashing (this works to a point since it tells you if it's calling for a file that's not present in the wrapper. I've hit a wall with stranglehold where I can't decipher the output any more)

assuming you are already cd'ed into the folder with the wrapper:

cd game.app/contents/MacOS/
then to launch it
./cider

It'll print out messages in the terminal you launched it from.

I've used that to debug native games as well. Or get software to run on an apple tv which has a barebones tiger installation. You can run just about any kind of application that way if you want it to be verbose.
--Kama
It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.
-- Alex Delarge, A Clockwork Orange
Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB Hard Drive

#32 playn

playn

Just Playin'

• Donators
  • 1966 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:59 PM

smoketetsu said:

Like for example if I want to launch a game from the terminal to check why it is crashing (this works to a point since it tells you if it's calling for a file that's not present in the wrapper. I've hit a wall with stranglehold where I can't decipher the output any more)

assuming you are already cd'ed into the folder with the wrapper:

cd game.app/contents/MacOS/
then to launch it
./cider

It'll print out messages in the terminal you launched it from.

I've used that to debug native games as well. Or get software to run on an apple tv which has a barebones tiger installation. You can run just about any kind of application that way if you want it to be verbose.

Posted Image

'Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?'

– Steve Jobs

#33 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace
  • I like to play:First Person Shooters, Arcade Games, Adventure Games, Platformers, Puzzlers

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:02 AM

I've gotten American McGee's Alice to run on the apple tv with that believe it or not.... I was able to figure out which frameworks the apple tv's tiger installation was lacking and installed them from a tiger install dvd over the network.
--Kama
It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.
Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB Hard Drive

#34 playn

playn

Just Playin'

• Donators
  • 1966 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:09 AM

lol thats pretty cool!

Posted Image

'Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?'

– Steve Jobs

#35 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:15 AM

Yeah the apple TV actually has a 1Ghz Celeron and a GeForce 7400 64MB which is more than enough to play that game. Hooked up a USB Mac keyboard and mouse and away I went. Ran it at 720p on a 32 inch HDTV. Because of the version of Tiger it uses though you can't run any wrappers on it... that was the mac native version of Alice I used.
--Kama

#36 piratx

piratx

Rookie Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMacland
  • Graphics Card:ATI 5770
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • I like to play:Prince of Persia
    Assassins Creed

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:02 AM

Go to your cider/application .app (folder) right click it Show Package Contents and then go to Contents > Mac OS and run cider it should open with terminal if not you should type the path in terminal
Posted Image

Mac Pro Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2,8 GHz 8core
MacBook Pro 2,26 GHz

ported games
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Matrix: Path of Neo
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (Crossover)
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones (Crossover)
Tomb Raider Legend(Wineskin)

trying to port
Crysis
Prototype
Batman Asylum Arkham
GRID
NFS World

#37 Drakulix

Drakulix

Old nearly vanished Member

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GeForce 650M 1GB
  • I like to play:FPS, Action, Minecraft, Skyrim, Strategy, rare Racing

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:02 AM

smoketetsu said:

I've got a few UE3 games running with this wrapper with great graphics on my ATI... this wrapper is shaping up to be the best UE3 wrapper so far. I've got UT3, Mirror's Edge, Batman Arkham Asylum Demo and Saw all running. All run full featured except for Saw which has no sound. Batman has clipping problems with his cape when you view him from the front his body seems to disappear.

Thanks for the tip,
this is the almost fastest ut3 wrapper i found. Now I can play it on my mac, even with my crappy old 8600m gt.
Okay it is on all low and just 1280x800 resolution, but it runs ! Thanks !
Posted Image

#38 Jowacom

Jowacom

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 811 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon 2600 HD
  • I like to play:Most genres

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:14 PM

Sounds great!

#39 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:09 PM

Drakulix said:

smoketetsu said:

I've got a few UE3 games running with this wrapper with great graphics on my ATI... this wrapper is shaping up to be the best UE3 wrapper so far. I've got UT3, Mirror's Edge, Batman Arkham Asylum Demo and Saw all running. All run full featured except for Saw which has no sound. Batman has clipping problems with his cape when you view him from the front his body seems to disappear.

Thanks for the tip,
this is the almost fastest ut3 wrapper i found. Now I can play it on my mac, even with my crappy old 8600m gt.
Okay it is on all low and just 1280x800 resolution, but it runs ! Thanks !

Yeah on my Mac I can run it at full detail at 1920x1080 with great speed. Almost rivaling the native UT2004! The only downside is I can't seem to patch it past what I get "out of the box" so I can't use the latest patches or the titan pack. But it works and that's a big improvement on how it ran on any other wrapper including the 4003 Cider wrapper. So far ONLY this wrapper can run those games on my hardware without graphics glitches.

Mirror's Edge also runs terrific on it except for some minor sound glitches. I run it at full detail at 1920x1080 with PhysX off.... although it has glitches with the shadows if I attempt to turn on antialiasing... most notably Faith's shadow turns into a box. I've beaten that game at least three times now in this wrapper.
--Kama

#40 nintendotoad

nintendotoad

Champion Member

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location/tmp
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 580 GTX

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:43 AM

I'm going to want that wrapper.
PortingNetwork now lurks in the shadows... among us.

#41 rynotheking14

rynotheking14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon 6750M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Shooters, Action-RPG, Some-strategy

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:11 AM

upload these wrappers drak and smoke please?

#42 rynotheking14

rynotheking14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:16 AM

btw has anyone tried other ue3 games like mass effect, moh airborne, rainbow six vegas, transformers wfc and brothers in arms?

i am trying but my skills arent as good as some of you guys out there...

good luck to all!

#43 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:42 AM

Speaking of which I'd like to try that Transformers game. I just have to get my hands on a copy. I think I mentioned this earlier but I tried John Woo Presents Stranglehold and had no luck. I'm thinking of uploading my wrappers but like I said with my slow connection it's kind of a pain to upload stuff. I was mostly giving a heads up to those who are big on doing everything required to share a wrapper here.
--Kama

#44 rynotheking14

rynotheking14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:49 AM

alright thanks for that smoke.  for some reason i simply can't get these games to work...

never had this problem before.  any special dll files or installations required?

#45 rynotheking14

rynotheking14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:51 AM

if you can help me i have pretty much all of those games preinstalled through bootcamp meaning i could get many wrappers out soon.

#46 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:06 AM

You need to install PhysX and a few directX files. I used the CIderX installation support files in order to do that. When it comes to directx you can either run it from the terminal like I said before and see what files it's telling you it's missing or you can just install DirectX using CiderX Winetricks. Whichever floats your boat. Drakulix probably does things more manually than I do with the registry and such. If you want to do it my way you'd probably want to message me through an IM service so I can walk you through step by step some time (PM me if that's what you end up wanting to do). It involves combining some files from another wrapper into this one and using them to install some support files.

Again, FYI some games just wont work at least with this wrapper revision and may require a future one. Or they are simply beyond my skills. Like I said John Woo's Stranglehold didn't work. But UT3, Mirror's Edge and Batman Arkham Asylum Demo did and so did Saw (minus the sound). I'm currently acquiring a copy of the full version of Batman to see how well I can get that to work.
--Kama

#47 rynotheking14

rynotheking14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:11 AM

alright problem is that i dont have ciderx...

gives me a small problem. (guess ill have to wait for an official release)

however i do have a full copy of windows xp installed with dll files.  problem is i keep getting bizarre errors during startup.

i have a good idea though

check your messages:)

#48 Drakulix

Drakulix

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

CiderX release is soon, I will release the UT3 at the same time since I did it with CIderX, so please wait a bit ryno.
(I could do it the manual way, but I love my new wrapper, it is that easy!)
Also I will definitely try Rainbox Six Vegas 1 and 2. My I get them to work. Thanks for the idea.
I expect many new ports here with the release of CiderX.
Posted Image

#49 rynotheking14

rynotheking14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:09 PM

wow great job drak. hate to bug you about it but when would an appropriate release date be for CiderX

oh ya and a thousand suns is coming out very very soon :)

#50 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:15 PM

Drakulix said:

CiderX release is soon, I will release the UT3 at the same time since I did it with CIderX, so please wait a bit ryno.
(I could do it the manual way, but I love my new wrapper, it is that easy!)
Also I will definitely try Rainbox Six Vegas 1 and 2. My I get them to work. Thanks for the idea.
I expect many new ports here with the release of CiderX.

Could you do me a favor and try John Woo Presents Stranglehold and Saw?
--Kama

#51 Drakulix

Drakulix

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:59 PM

rynotheking14 said:

wow great job drak. hate to bug you about it but when would an appropriate release date be for CiderX

oh ya and a thousand suns is coming out very very soon :)

Yeah I can buy it next friday (juhuhuhu!)

smoketetsu said:

Could you do me a favor and try John Woo Presents Stranglehold and Saw?

I do not have the game and I am not downloading much since I was forced to play 650Euro for downloading Supreme Commander 2.
So sorry dude, no chance. But I will help you, if you send me the logs.
Posted Image

#52 Pluto999

Pluto999

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

I have a problem with the mouse in a Cider 4473 UE3 game port - it is unstable, jumping sometimes erratically in another direction. There is a message in the log (a long, nearly infinite sequence of them) which I have never seen before:

err:ddraw:Direct3DDevice9_GetStrideDataUP stride inconsistency! 44 !=32

Certainly it can be my error as I have tweaked a bit with dll-s but the mouse works perfect under Cider 2583 port of the same game so I have decide whether to publish old build or to try fix this bug.

Have anybody also experienced mouse problems with Cider 4473, especially in UE3 games?

As for test results Cider 4473 is definitely faster than Cider 2583 - probably due to new macdrv graphics driver. In 1920x1200 all-high on ATI HD2600 I get about 20-30 FPS on 4473 instead of 10-15 FPS on 2583 and it seems that the picture is much better (or it seems to me?) and - as it was in 2583 - there are no visible graphics bugs and the game is stable.
Intel iMac 2.4 GHz, ATI HD2600 256 MB, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.6.5
Power Mac G5 2x1,8 GHz, GeForce FX 5200, 1.5 GB RAM, OS X 10.4.11

#53 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:33 PM

Well I'm sidelined for a while as I had to take my primary porting machine (27 inch iMac) to the shop for repair (discovered a faulty RAM slot while upgrading my RAM). I'm now on my GMA Mac for the time being. :(

@Pluto999 I never experienced any mouse problems with any UE3 games in that wrapper.... and it's not your imagination about the image quality. That wrapper is the first one that gave me full featured graphics on my ATI card in UE3 games other than Borderlands.

Oh and I would get those errors too but they didn't seem to affect anything for me.
--Kama

#54 Pluto999

Pluto999

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

smoketetsu said:

I never experienced any mouse problems with any UE3 games in that wrapper.
Oh and I would get those errors too but they didn't seem to affect anything for me.
??? Do you mean that you have found these strange messages

in your logs but 'they didn't seem to affect anything'? I've tested an intensive shooter and loosing the aim unexpectedly while combat suddenly looking in the different direction is very annoying (you'll be killed soon unless you cheat 'god') also the mouse works more or less.

smoketetsu said:

it's not your imagination about the image quality.
The picture looks more clean now.

#55 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

Pluto999 said:

smoketetsu said:

I never experienced any mouse problems with any UE3 games in that wrapper.
??? Do you mean that you have found these strange messages

in your logs but 'they didn't seem to affect anything'? I've tested an intensive shooter and loosing the aim unexpectedly while combat suddenly looking in the different direction is very annoying (you'll be killed soon unless you cheat 'god') also the mouse works more or less.
That's right... I got that message whenever I would run my UE3 ports through the terminal for testing purposes but it didn't affect anything noticable in the game much less the mouse.

Pluto999 said:

smoketetsu said:

it's not your imagination about the image quality.
The picture looks more clean now.

More shader effects also work. For example the water didn't used to work on my ATI (you can see which one I have on the side here) only partially.
--Kama

#56 Drakulix

Drakulix

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

If you want to try out the 2583 framework for the mouse, repleace the libdinput.dylib from 4473 with the one of 2583  (but backup the old one).
Posted Image

#57 Pluto999

Pluto999

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

Drakulix said:

If you want to try out the 2583 framework for the mouse, repleace the libdinput.dylib from 4473 with the one of 2583  (but backup the old one).
I've tried it already - it don't help with the 'jumping' mouse problem. Also I've tried old 2583 system32 - it works but don't help also. Thinking what to do next - there are Frameworks, Preferences and Windows which may influence (and Cider executable itself maybe).

The problem is - while moving mouse in menus the cursor occasionally jump to the border for a very short moment and then return back by itself immediately or sometime it jump for another near place on the screen. It is bearable in menus but unacceptable in the game. The only error message in the Terminal log is

don't know whether I should blame it or not.

Should also try 4473 with another UE3 game to compare mouse performance.

#58 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

That's a good idea... here it works fine on four UE3 games. Saw, UT3, Mirror's Edge and the Batman Arkham Asylum Demo... and like I said I would get that same error over and over in the log with no discernible ill effect. For full disclosure I would also get errors about cuda dll files although putting those in doesn't make any difference either way.

Before I had to take my iMac into the shop I tried porting the full version of Batman but it would not launch and I could not figure out why and I had used the same .net bypassing .ini files that I used in the demo and I also tried it without and with a no-dvd patch. But work on that and the sound problem in Saw will have to wait until sometime by the end of this week when I hopefully get my computer back.
--Kama

#59 Pluto999

Pluto999

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:46 AM

I've tested another UE3 game under Cider 4473 and there is no mentioned mouse bug in it so it depend on particular UE3 game.

#60 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:37 AM

Which game in particular where you having a problem with? You never seemed to mention it.
--Kama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users