#61 Pluto999

Pluto999

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:12 AM

It was Medal of Honor Airborne. It is ready and I'll upload the wrapper  today as an extra for my previous WineSkin and CXZ versions. 2583 - of ten tested Cider versions it is the best for this game - the only one with proper mouse. Mouse is buggy (jumping) in this game in popular 3745 and 4473, in my version at least.

The second game is Mirror's Edge (4473). The mouse work properly there. Will upload the wrapper today also as an extra for my previous WineSkin and CXZ versions. Mirror's Edge (2583) has for me a bug with palette - tested it briefly, maybe need tweaking.

Singularity (4473) - excellent graphics (far better than under Wineskin and CXZ - no graphics bugs on ATI!!!) but no sound - at all (there was sound in logo movies and menus in Wineskin). And there are no subtitles in this game. Sound levels are recorded into Player0.ue3profile but where are other sound parameters? Switching to winemacca.drv/OSS (not to wineoss.drv certainly) in config don't help.

Have a problem with Wolverine - also tested it briefly with two Ciders - it crash in both on entering the main menu after logo movies - but it is an error often reported for PC:

l'instruction à "0x00d72d0e" emploie l'adresse mémoire "0x00000001". La mémoire ne peut être "read".

Have to google more on it.

I've previously made Wolverine (CXZ Ebony) and Wolverine (Wineskin) and there is no such problem there but both have usual graphics problems with characters on ATI - much better than in previous port posted here (all invisible characters are visible now) but still not suitable for release for ATI users.
Intel iMac 2.4 GHz, ATI HD2600 256 MB, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.6.5
Power Mac G5 2x1,8 GHz, GeForce FX 5200, 1.5 GB RAM, OS X 10.4.11

#62 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GTX 680MX 2GB
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:First Person Shooters, Arcade Games, Adventure Games, Platformers, Puzzlers

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:52 PM

For the first game it's not my cup of tea so never tried it out so I didn't know.

Ah, yeah Mirror's Edge... I've beaten that four times with that cider wrapper it runs great.... almost perfect.

The problem with Singularity you are having reminds me of the problem I am having with Saw. There was only a little bit of sound during the intro in game cut scene but that's it. I noticed however that most UE3 games that have working sound use ALaudio subsystem and Saw used xaudio. Perhaps it's just a newer version that cider doesn't yet support. I've seen pages suggest turning your sound to 24-bit to solve the problem for those playing it under windows but doing that in audio midi doesn't make a difference for me. Some suggest turning down sound acceleration or removing redundant modem audio devices. Obviously none of those apply to OS X. I tried the same thing you did changing the WINE sound driver.

I still don't have access to my iMac so I can't test that further yet. I'm awaiting a call from the technician working on it.

As for Wolverine that almost sounds like the problem I was having with Stranglehold in that cider wrapper. I can get that game working in CXZ but the graphics are way too buggy for it to be playable.
--Kama
It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.
-- Alex Delarge, A Clockwork Orange
Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB Hard Drive

#63 Jowacom

Jowacom

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 811 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon 2600 HD
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:Most genres

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:27 PM

I'm looking forward to the ports!

#64 Pluto999

Pluto999

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:54 AM

Jowacom said:

I'm looking forward to the ports!
Here are current results with UE3 game Cider ports (not only 4473):

Borderlands (Cider) - DONE
Medal of Honor Airborne (Cider) - DONE
Mirror's Edge (Cider) - DONE
Unreal Tournament 3 (Cider) - DONE (or is it buggy?)
X-Men Origins - Wolverine (Cider) - DONE (I'll publish it tomorrow - crash is fixed, ATI graphics is OK)

Singularity (Cider) - excellent graphics but no sound

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (Cider) - don't work (for me), crash or hang on loading

I'll check Ciders of Rainbow Six Vegas, Mass Effect, BIA Hell's Highway and Alien Breed Impact this week.

What are news about Batman Arkham Asylum, Saw and Strangehold?

#65 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace
  • I like to play:First Person Shooters, Arcade Games, Adventure Games, Platformers, Puzzlers

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

UT3 could be considered partially done because in my case I couldn't get it running past the original version out of the box... none of the patches worked for me. How about you?

Saw The Video Game is in a similar status as singularity... great graphics but no sound. They might be using the same sound system.

Stranglehold outright crashes and so does Batman Arkham Asylum for the latter I only got the demo working and it works great except for occlusion problems with batman's cape... his body disappears if you view him from the front. For the full version I'm having a problem with the crack for it and I guess it probably needs some kind of live disabler but I had no idea where to look.

Unfortunately my iMac is still in the shop because I discovered it had a faulty expansion RAM slot. They said they are going to replace the logic board and also it needed a new hard drive fan. This was last thursday when they ordered it and they usually get it overnight but I guess they didn't get it in time for it to be done by saturday so I'm hoping sometime this week I'll get my computer back and I can get back to work (both this and my cinema 4D work). Right now I'm stuck on my little hackintosh notebook. It has an Intel GMA graphics chip so forget about doing any serious cidering on it. ;) I run old games on it.

*update* The technician said he's aiming at getting my computer back to me sometime today as they have received the parts and are now installing them.  :beer:
--Kama
It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.
Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB Hard Drive

#66 Pluto999

Pluto999

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

smoketetsu said:

UT3 could be considered partially done because in my case I couldn't get it running past the original version out of the box... none of the patches worked for me. How about you?.
Have not tried to make my own Cider version of it. I'm not planning to deal with it now, don't like such dumb repetitive action. (It was interesting only to play UTs on LAN in the office seeing your opponents in the same room.)

smoketetsu said:

Saw The Video Game is in a similar status as singularity... great graphics but no sound. They might be using the same sound system.
Have not seen Saw game yet - may be interesting as adventure game. As for Singularity - I have taken X-Men Origins - Wolverine (also don't like it) as Raven's previous game having some common elements in design considering that it may be useful for Singularity port also. And have to confirm that once I have got full sound in Singularity in Wineskin - both in game and menus but I was so astonished by it that continued tweaking without backup and finally lost this winning configuration and can't remember now what it was.

smoketetsu said:

Stranglehold outright crashes
Should be interesting, I've seen game trailers and ingame videos. Have not tried it yet but probably look later.

smoketetsu said:

Batman Arkham Asylum for the latter I only got the demo working and it works great except for occlusion problems with batman's cape... his body disappears if you view him from the front. For the full version I'm having a problem with the crack for it and I guess it probably needs some kind of live disabler but I had no idea where to look.
Once I've heard that there was no crack for it so have not tried it but still it is interesting to look at demo.

#67 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:43 PM

It's interesting that you are porting games you don't like as I tend to port games that I do like because I want to play them.  I think porting a game you don't like means you are less likely to play it all the way through to make sure it fully works in the wrapper.

For example... Duke Nukem Forever is slated to come out in February  :shock: ... it's a modified UE2.5. I've got mine pre-ordered for PC with porting it in mind.  :twisted: My thinking is I can try that and then if a native version comes out I'll get that too.

Anyway I'm now considering uploading my wrapper for UT3 and the Batman Demo although the thing that sucks is the Batman demo is very short.... but at least it's playable. I'll update once I've got my computer back.
--Kama

#68 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:44 AM

I'm currently attempting to upload my Batman Arkham Asylum Demo port.
--Kama

#69 Pluto999

Pluto999

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:51 AM

Thanks. Got the demo already.

#70 Kama.Stein

Kama.Stein

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 646 posts
  • LocationCyberspace

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:27 AM

I'm trying to upload it to mediafire but it seems to be stalled. Any suggestions on better hosts?
--Kama

#71 Pluto999

Pluto999

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:35 AM

Megaupload is my favourite (http://www.megaupload.com/). Registration is free. Up to 1 GB per file as far as I remember. And it has file manager for your uploaded files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users