Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Graphics Card:nvidia geforce 330m
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:22 AM

hello

I installed elder scrolls morrowind with wineskin, and it seems to work fairly well. it does lag a bit and occasionally crash. I installed it with an empty wineskin I downloaded that was intended for use with farcry. would morrowind work better if I downloaded a blank wineskin?

I also got the construction set working, however, every time I attempt to save a mod, it crashes. any idea what might cause this?

finally, I tried to download and install something called the morrowind graphics extender (MGE). it is necessary in the installation of several mods designed to improve the graphics of morrowind considerably. however, I cannot get it to work.

any information I can post that would be helpful, please let me know and I will post it.

thank you for your time

#2 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:24 AM

I gave up on Morrowind a long time ago... and have barely played it.  On Cider, Wine and 2 Windows machines it always crashed for me left and right... so its on RPG that was probably good I barely ever played any of.... so i wouldn't doubt it being nothing to do with Wine at all causing the problems.

#3 theShadow

theShadow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Graphics Card:nvidia geforce 330m
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:22 PM

huh. the problems I am having aren't really that bad. I mean, i have been playing it for 2 weeks now and it has crashed 3 times total.

#4 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:37 PM

I'm just saying.. even patched, its a VERY VERY POORLY programmed game... don't expect to ever get it working right... but I think it runs better with the Cider port that someone did than with Wine.

#5 mouser

mouser

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:42 AM

It's actually my first and only working port... Using cider coming with warhammer on line on a macbook pro 13".
Not that difficult to do it, but maybe I was lucky! Couldn't make MGE working thought. I think it's because it has to work in the background.

#6 jcortez242

jcortez242

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:01 AM

mouser said:

It's actually my first and only working port... Using cider coming with warhammer on line on a macbook pro 13".
Not that difficult to do it, but maybe I was lucky! Couldn't make MGE working thought. I think it's because it has to work in the background.

hey could you tell me how to get morrowind because i wanted it really bad i downloaded it from here: http://www.mac-torre...243e62f863b1641
and every time i load it, it loads fine and right before the main menu comes up it always automatically quits out no error message or anything occurs i have a 13'' macbook pro Mac OS X 10.6.6 with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor if you could tell em how i could get the game up an running somehow by modifying my existing one or redownloading another, it would be greatly appreciated

#7 ScipioAemilius

ScipioAemilius

Centurion du forum francophone

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 512 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
  • I like to play:Strategy (Europa Universalis III, EU:Rome, Rome Total War) and some RPG (NWN, TES)

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:21 AM

jcortez242 said:

hey could you tell me how to get morrowind because i wanted it really bad i downloaded it from here: http://www.mac-torre...243e62f863b1641
and every time i load it, it loads fine and right before the main menu comes up it always automatically quits out no error message or anything occurs i have a 13'' macbook pro Mac OS X 10.6.6 with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor if you could tell em how i could get the game up an running somehow by modifying my existing one or redownloading another, it would be greatly appreciated
Stop Spamming for attention please!
Posted Image

If there is a problem with one of my wrappers, please let me know by posting on the game thread AND by sending me a pm.
If there are no problems, then a little "Thank you!" is always heart-warming! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users