Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

[Sticky] - Want to Introduce yourself? Here you can.


  • Please log in to reply
898 replies to this topic

#1 MaxWeber

MaxWeber

    Professional Member

  • Donators
  • 159 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:38 AM

Hello Everyone,

As I can see no one has posted anything here so I thought I'll be the first one to break the ice.

my name is Max and I am new to this wonderful forum. I am taking this opportunity to say hi to all other members and I hope I will contribute to this forum as much I will learn from it.

I can't really do much lol, I'm certainly not as good as you guys but that's why I am here right lol. I'd gladly assist you with game files and cracks, or design wishes, like custom icons, game art, wallpapers and much more.

Have a nice weekend.
Max
Posted Image
Rest in Peace our dear friend Max. (Team)

#2 loco

loco

    PortingTeam Founder

  • Administrators
  • 1186 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:17 AM

Max's post motivated me to just write a little something myself :P

I like to refer to myself as loco around here, can't remember how or why I came up with that but hey, came up with it a while ago and have been using it ever since.

I am basically mainly doing the server side administration and managing the blogs and forum. Basically just making sure everything works like its supposed to. I am also a mac user and learnt about cider a few months ago, and I've been playing around with it ever since!

Follow us on facebook:



#3 MaxWeber

MaxWeber

    Professional Member

  • Donators
  • 159 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:07 PM

Hello loco nice to meet you and thanks for keeping everything up and running so smoothly - great work.

Proud to have you as our  sever/site/blog/forum admin :) .

Have a nice sunday.
Max
Posted Image
Rest in Peace our dear friend Max. (Team)

#4 loco

loco

    PortingTeam Founder

  • Administrators
  • 1186 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:11 PM

MaxWeber said:

sever/site/blog/forum admin
Haha that summarizes it I think :P Thanks for the complements ^^

Follow us on facebook:



#5 devilhunter

devilhunter

    just dancing to the beat

  • Administrators
  • 3051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:01 PM

agree.
But i really looked forward to see some ports form you since Assassin's Creed, but unfortunately you have your hands full with everything else...
:lol:
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#6 loco

loco

    PortingTeam Founder

  • Administrators
  • 1186 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:11 PM

devilhunter said:

agree.
But i really looked forward to see some ports form you since Assassin's Creed, but unfortunately you have your hands full with everything else...
:lol:
I am sorry... I'll try and get back to it once I have more time after the exam period. At the moment university is priority... :(

Heh, Assassin's Creed wasn't the best port around, the average rating from other users is "Unplayable" since I designed that wrapper on one of the new late november unibody macs. It barely runs on mine, so older macs struggle like hell... still spent hours playing on it when I first managed to get it working  :lol:

Thanks guys

Follow us on facebook:



#7 slacker

slacker

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

ive got you AC wrapper ill try pushing through it but still gotta up my last cider
Posted Image

#8 loco

loco

    PortingTeam Founder

  • Administrators
  • 1186 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:45 PM

That would be great thanks

Follow us on facebook:



#9 sonicjam

sonicjam

    Rookie Porter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:33 AM

its me sonicjam um sorry for the disappearance act i was busy lately with school, work, friends, gf, anime club, and ect.
Posted Image

#10 slacker

slacker

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:53 AM

sonicjam !!!!! its been long time ... and ya never answered my PM's
Posted Image

#11 sonicjam

sonicjam

    Rookie Porter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:18 PM

um what pm's ....
Posted Image

#12 slacker

slacker

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:59 PM

some on insanlry mac but its been like for ever so who knows
Posted Image

#13 sonicjam

sonicjam

    Rookie Porter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:40 PM

wait you're ameep ?
Posted Image

#14 loco

loco

    PortingTeam Founder

  • Administrators
  • 1186 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:27 PM

nope, ameeps is on here too :P

Follow us on facebook:



#15 slacker

slacker

    Veteran Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:34 AM

nope im slacker the one and only
Posted Image

#16 Cor89

Cor89

    Advanced Member

  • Donators
  • 92 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:58 AM

Its me  :)
Cor 19 years.
Likes: mac, games, photoshop, music,  life
Doesn't like : ninja's, windows, trolls

#17 devilhunter

devilhunter

    just dancing to the beat

  • Administrators
  • 3051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:11 AM

Well hi there, too  :D
How can anyone not like Ninjas?  :lol:
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#18 sonicjam

sonicjam

    Rookie Porter

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:45 AM

oh then i never got your pm dude
Posted Image

#19 Cor89

Cor89

    Advanced Member

  • Donators
  • 92 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:21 PM

Aye, because pirates be better Gar, Where can I find a bottle o'rum?

#20 MaxWeber

MaxWeber

    Professional Member

  • Donators
  • 159 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:31 PM

locoputo said:

devilhunter said:

agree.
But i really looked forward to see some ports form you since Assassin's Creed, but unfortunately you have your hands full with everything else...
:lol:
I am sorry... I'll try and get back to it once I have more time after the exam period. At the moment university is priority... :(

Heh, Assassin's Creed wasn't the best port around, the average rating from other users is "Unplayable" since I designed that wrapper on one of the new late november unibody macs. It barely runs on mine, so older macs struggle like hell... still spent hours playing on it when I first managed to get it working  :lol:

Thanks guys

Gee, good luck with the exams, I know how stressful that can be. Crossing my fingers for you, so that you'll pass with flying colors :)

Mfg,
Max
Posted Image
Rest in Peace our dear friend Max. (Team)

#21 loco

loco

    PortingTeam Founder

  • Administrators
  • 1186 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:21 PM

MaxWeber said:

locoputo said:

devilhunter said:

agree.
But i really looked forward to see some ports form you since Assassin's Creed, but unfortunately you have your hands full with everything else...
:lol:
I am sorry... I'll try and get back to it once I have more time after the exam period. At the moment university is priority... :(

Heh, Assassin's Creed wasn't the best port around, the average rating from other users is "Unplayable" since I designed that wrapper on one of the new late november unibody macs. It barely runs on mine, so older macs struggle like hell... still spent hours playing on it when I first managed to get it working  :lol:

Thanks guys

Gee, good luck with the exams, I know how stressful that can be. Crossing my fingers for you, so that you'll pass with flying colors :)

Mfg,
Max
thanks  :D

Follow us on facebook:



#22 devilhunter

devilhunter

    just dancing to the beat

  • Administrators
  • 3051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:19 AM

Haha, see my Puzzle Quest Galactrix post in the games section for my try on pirate-speak :)
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#23 Crowie

Crowie

    Champion Member

  • Donators
  • 630 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI HD 2600
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:07 AM

Hey Good luck with your exams at University

if you have the time can you do a upload with the .exe and .dll and other (but not the data files) of Assassin's creed, because i can do a port (not on Cider) but on Chromium and i feel that it can work great!
Fan of WineSkin http://wineskin.doh123.com/FAQ.html

In memory of my forumfriend MaxWeber (21/06/09)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 loco

loco

    PortingTeam Founder

  • Administrators
  • 1186 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

Crowie said:

Hey Good luck with your exams at University

if you have the time can you do a upload with the .exe and .dll and other (but not the data files) of Assassin's creed, because i can do a port (not on Cider) but on Chromium and i feel that it can work great!
Check your PM.

Follow us on facebook:



#25 montag

montag

    Regular Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:25 PM

I have been a PC gamer for a long time and I got into macs and now I have seen the light.
Apple is amazing. I have been using one for about 2 years now and the only thing I hated doing was having to use boot-camp to play new games and emulate my old playstation games.
Cider from what I can see is really cool. I am reading up. I hope to try and port RFOnline. I ran it through Cross over and Cross over For games. and the only thing it cant do is locate the servers. It installs and starts up. anyway. I love RF online and want to try and work on porting it. It has a start up screen that I hear will make it hard to get working. So if anyone thinks its a dead end tell me. I love this site and I am glad to be a part! Tell me if there is anything I can do. :mrgreen:
Hello

#26 loco

loco

    PortingTeam Founder

  • Administrators
  • 1186 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:53 PM

Glad to hear! Well, there are two things you could try to port this game. You could use Cider, or you could use our crossover technique. Cider is a little more complex, but it (apparently) has its own advantages. Crossover seems to work a lot better with most of the games around.
If you want to use cider, you can find all tutorials and tools you will need in links to blog posts here:
http://forum.ibrain....c.php?f=35&t=48

If you want to use crossover I recommend the latest wrapper developed by thedoctor45 himself:
http://game.ibrain.c...-games-wrapper/

And magneto1979's tutorial:
http://ibrain.com.ua...ossover-tut.pdf

If you have any more questions you are welcome to ask!

Follow us on facebook:



#27 montag

montag

    Regular Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:22 PM

thanks! :D
Hello

#28 loco

loco

    PortingTeam Founder

  • Administrators
  • 1186 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:30 PM

montag said:

thanks! :D
You're welcome :)

Follow us on facebook:



#29 Guest_TheAppleFreak_*

Guest_TheAppleFreak_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:28 PM

Lol title.

Regardless, I am TheAppleFreak, and I am a high school student who knows a bit more about the Mac than my contemporaries. For a while, I have been bogged down by schoolwork, but with the onset of summer vacation after my finals, I will have more time to contribute to this community.

I currently own a previous-gen MacBook, 2.4 Ghz Penryn processor, Intel GMA 950 Integrated graphics, and 4 GB of RAM at 667 MHz.

#30 loco

loco

    PortingTeam Founder

  • Administrators
  • 1186 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:10 AM

TheAppleFreak said:

Lol title.

Regardless, I am TheAppleFreak, and I am a high school student who knows a bit more about the Mac than my contemporaries. For a while, I have been bogged down by schoolwork, but with the onset of summer vacation after my finals, I will have more time to contribute to this community.

I currently own a previous-gen MacBook, 2.4 Ghz Penryn processor, Intel GMA 950 Integrated graphics, and 4 GB of RAM at 667 MHz.
Welcome to the community! I am a university student and have exams coming up too. So I will not be very active until the end of them for obvious reasons.

Follow us on facebook:






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users