paulthetall

Champion Member

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:03 AM

Alright, i am testing Nancy Drew and the Phantom of Venice, and i couldnt get it running...(bouncing icon)...Now what i did is put on the debugging, and quess what....it runs....what could be wrong, and better...how to fix this.... Thanks!
Posted Image
I only port GREEN! :)
Love Wineskin
Live the Life

Get your PC games work on the Mac: http://www.paultheta...age8/page8.html

#2 playn

playn

Just Playin'

• Donators
  • 1966 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:57 AM

what do you mean by 'put on the debugging'?

Posted Image

'Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?'

– Steve Jobs

#3 paulthetall

paulthetall

Champion Member

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:18 PM

i mean to find out the problum, you put on "test run" debug mode, when i push that button it works. If you just run it normaly, nothing happens but some flashing of the icon (wrapper) in the dock.
Posted Image
Love Wineskin
Live the Life

#4 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:28 PM

what versions of Wineskin and such...?

Running a test run launches the main Wineskin executable similar as double clicking, just with a flag and not going through WineskinLauncher, but that should have no barring.

What exactly happens when you double click to run... is there anything in console?

#5 paulthetall

paulthetall

Champion Member

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

Wineskin beta 6.3. Newest wrapper beta 2.0.

By the way, i got more misery lately (newest game installs), i mean, if the path to the wrapper has a space, then it gives all kinda errors regularly when installing. Besides that i got some crashes...i mean if i install the game and run it, play a bit, it returns in the gameresolution back to the desktop...and the wrapper is "not reponding"....and yeah....i have not a error code at hand so, when i got another  one i will post it here.

Maybe there is a solution for the space bug? because that "path with a space' issue can be a huge issue when newbees are using wineskin...
Posted Image
Love Wineskin
Live the Life

#6 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:00 PM

I've run quite a few programs and spaces have never been an issue for me at all...

#7 paulthetall

paulthetall

Champion Member

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:21 PM

ow then i wil post errors shortly :P todat its santaclaus in holland (5 December)  with presents...so that will be tommorow, have a great day.
Posted Image
Love Wineskin
Live the Life

#8 paulthetall

paulthetall

Champion Member

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:09 PM

Alright...any solutions already for the debugging stuff mentioned above.
Posted Image
Love Wineskin
Live the Life

#9 Guest_akiNikki_*

Guest_akiNikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:56 PM

That happen to me too in FIFA11. If run the wrapper, it will stuck at the Kaka picture, but the sound can be heard. But using test mode no problem at all.

#10 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:44 PM

paulthetall said:

Alright...any solutions already for the debugging stuff mentioned above.

still need more info... that used to happen on some people's machines in Wineskin 1.x, but this is the first I've heard of it if your talking about Wineskin 2.0.

I'm not sure of how it could happen in 2.0... if there was some way you could give me enough info to reproduce the problem, it would help a ton.

#11 paulthetall

paulthetall

Champion Member

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:47 PM

IT is not with all games, this is just the first game i found (Nancy Drew and the Phantom of venice) withthis particular problem. Myy question to put an option on the "configuratieon path to have the option to run in test debugmode without using/making a logfile. I was thinking about a selectbox just as the "start" selectbopx for msi and bat.
Posted Image
Love Wineskin
Live the Life

#12 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

paulthetall said:

IT is not with all games, this is just the first game i found (Nancy Drew and the Phantom of venice) withthis particular problem. Myy question to put an option on the "configuratieon path to have the option to run in test debugmode without using/making a logfile. I was thinking about a selectbox just as the "start" selectbopx for msi and bat.

when you double click the app, it launches Contents/MacOS/WineskinLauncher, which in a normal double click does nothing but launches Contents/MacOS/Wineskin

When you hit the Test Run button, it directly runs "Contents/MacOS/Wineskin -debug"

In the Wineskin code, if the "-debug" flag is there, then it turns on a buncha debug channels so that things will be written to the log files.

In Wineskin 1.x there was a bit more to how it was launching that could cause the error sometimes.  I cannot find anything in a Wineskin 2.0 wrapper that could cause this unless there is a bug in Wine itself that is happening if certain debug channels are disabled.

I disabled making logs on a normal run simply because in many programs it runs a LOT faster to not have the computer wasting time making log files... some games spam tons of fixme and other things that make a noticeable difference in speed.

you can try launching the game from the command line and see if it works... run Wineskin and see if any weird output occurs when the game messes up... to try launching it as wineskin -debug and see what happens... see if its something to do with the ObjC launcher in Wineskin.app, or if its really a Wine issue.

#13 paulthetall

paulthetall

Champion Member

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:55 AM

Mmm...after reboot machine, it runs normal without debugging...wierd...

But the fact stays about the crashing in the beta wrapeprs (6.3 + 2.0 beta wrappers), in the latest games (Nancy drew series) i tested, after a little while play it somehow shows the desktop in the low resolution which the game uses 640*480, and  yes i tried automatic as force full screen. In both cases crashes and sys the wineskin beta had an error and had to shut down. Wil reproduce tonight and put in the error.
Posted Image
Love Wineskin
Live the Life

#14 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

paulthetall said:

Mmm...after reboot machine, it runs normal without debugging...wierd...

But the fact stays about the crashing in the beta wrapeprs (6.3 + 2.0 beta wrappers), in the latest games (Nancy drew series) i tested, after a little while play it somehow shows the desktop in the low resolution which the game uses 640*480, and  yes i tried automatic as force full screen. In both cases crashes and sys the wineskin beta had an error and had to shut down. Wil reproduce tonight and put in the error.

I need the error... I've never seen this crash, but it might be related to the loss of focus bug that often shows the desktop for a moment... this should be fixed when Display Capturing code is in for Xquartz and its able to capture exclusive use of the display and nothing can mess its focus up.  OSX has many focus issues that have to be worked around, mainly with anything going fullscreen, and Xquartz doesn't currently attempt to compensate for this.

#15 Bmarlyman123

Bmarlyman123

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon HD 4850

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

how do you run debug mode? i never figured that out.

#16 ovvldc

ovvldc

Master Member

• Members
  • 1250 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Graphics Card:Intel Iris Plus
  • I like to play:stories

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

You do a test run. That sets Wine to debug mode, and the wrapper will show you the log.

#17 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

View Postovvldc, on 09 April 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

You do a test run. That sets Wine to debug mode, and the wrapper will show you the log.
or you can check the checkmark to always keep logs... that is the same thing, just won't prompt to show you the logs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users