• LocationSpace
  • Graphics Card:I don't know.
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:Arcade, Side Scrollers

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:28 PM

Bit Slicer

Posted Image

Description:
Bit Slicer is a universal game trainer that allows you to cheat in video games by searching and modifying values such as your score, lives, ammunition, and much more.

Features:
  • Memory Scanner
    • Search & narrow down values of several types: integers, floating-points, strings, byte arrays, and pointers
    • Add, delete, and modify variables with ease
    • Freeze variable's values
    • Store a process' entire virtual memory space and search for values based on incremental changes
    • Manipulate pointers by dereferencing variable addresses
  • Memory Inspection
    • View and edit memory live in a hex editor style window
    • Dump memory to files on disk for manual inspection
    • Modify memory protection attributes
  • Debugger
    • View live disassembly of instructions
    • Modify instruction's bytes directly, or by assembling instructions (including nopping)
    • Set breakpoints, resume from them when they're hit, view backtraces, manipulate thread registers, and step into/out/over instructions
    • Inject x86 code on the fly
    • Watch for what instructions access a variable in a document
  • Save slice documents so that you can send cheats to your friends
  • Write Scripts to automate tasks that involve using virtual memory and debugger methods
  • Pause and un-pause current process
  • Undo & Redo many kinds of changes, including searches
  • Evaluate mathematical expressions automatically (eg: in a flash game, search for 58 * 8)
  • Run as a normal user, not as the superuser (root)!
  • Enjoy OS level features such as auto-saving, document versioning, window restoration, notification center, app nap, etc.
Posted Image

Requirements:
  • Mac running OS X 10.8 or later
  • Administrator password to allow Bit Slicer to access memory
Download Bit Slicer:

#2 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:43 AM

Changes in 1.0:
  • Initial Public Release
  • Search values with various data types and functions
  • Search options such as searching within a range, or with a floating-point epsilon, or by ignoring string case, or by comparing the initial values from the last search.
  • Add, Edit, and Remove values in the table
  • Freeze values
  • Pause target in Bit Slicer or by using a hot key configured in the preferences to pause the frontmost application.
  • Dump memory into a file with a desired range
Changes in 1.0.1:
  • Added dumping all memory of a process
Changes in 1.0.2:
  • Added support for exact length searches for UTF-16 strings.
  • Added a calculator that evaluates mathematical expressions. For example, if you enter 100 * 8 in the search field, it will search values of 800.
  • Fixed writing permissions when dumping all memory of a process.
  • Fixed some functionality with editing variable values via the edit variables window.
  • Fixed issues searching for large unsigned values for 32/64-bit integer data types.
Changes in 1.1:
  • Added feature for storing all values from a process at any given time, and then being able to compare the current values with its previous stored values.
  • Fixed several small bugs and memory issues.
Changes in 1.2:
  • Added feature to edit a variable's address in a dynamic way (useful for dealing with pointers).
  • Added a name column.
  • Variable type can now be changed in the table.
  • Fixed critical bug when dealing with variable addresses in 64-bit processes.

#3 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:39 PM

Changes in 1.3:
  • Added pointer data type for searching for pointers.
  • Added 'options' UI that allows you to expand more search options.
  • Added option to search for unwritable values.
  • Added an option to specify what address range to search data inside.
  • Added an option to ignore data alignment (will result in slower searches, but will find data that is mis-aligned).
  • Optimized searching for doubles/64-bit integers when data alignment is not ignored.
  • Fixed permissions with saving documents.
  • Fixed rare-ish bug where a variable's value may not update if it has been changed outside of Bit Slicer.
  • Fixed a bug where changing an address of a UTF-8 String to point to an empty string may not immediatley update the value in the table.
  • Improved some reliability of search progress bar.
  • Replaced calculator dependency for evaluating arithmetic expressions in fields, taking Bit Slicer down to less than 1 MB in size.

#4 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:52 PM

Changes in 1.4:
  • Added a lightweight memory viewer.
  • Added option to change the protection of an area in memory (eg, making a region writable)
  • Added support for Byte Array datatype.
  • Searching for unwritable values is now set by default.
  • Bit Slicer will try to prevent one from modifying a variable that is not writable.
  • Fixed a bug when un-doing immediately after manually adding a variable.
  • Changed format for the function types to choose from.
  • Removed compare stored values checkbox in favor for adding functions that compare against stored values.
  • Added '= Stored Value +' and '≠ Stored Value +' functions (i.e. search for variables that have increased/decreased by a certain value).
  • Fixed a bug where the table may have not instantly updated a variable's value after it has changed.

#5 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

Changes in 1.5:
  • Fixed critical bug leading to the target process or system to crash when searching for values (bug was possibly introduced in OS X 10.7.2).
  • Added ability to use wildcards * or ? in byte array searches (eg: 1A *B CD **).
  • Fixed modifying pointer variable values.
  • Full-screen Lion support & better document window resizing.
  • Lion window restoration.
  • Improved hotkey customization for pausing processes.
  • Added an alert to check if new updates are available.
Changes in 1.5.1:
  • Fixed [address] functionality (Tools -> Edit Variable Address), which broke in 1.5.
Changes in 1.5.2:
  • Fixed big memory leak when reading from memory and performing searches (bug introduced in 1.5).
  • Fixed dumping all memory of a process onto disk, which broke in 1.5.
  • Fixed issues with undo/redo for variable-size type variables.
  • Fixed rare/minor issue with string variable's values not updating in table immediately.

#6 heliri

heliri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

Very cool and useful :) Thanks for this.

#7 TommyGun

TommyGun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

This is also a similar app I use is anyone is interested: http://www.macupdate...13632/the-cheat
:)
transgame the world!

#8 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

View PostTommyGun, on 14 April 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

This is also a similar app I use is anyone is interested: http://www.macupdate...13632/the-cheat
:)

It's pretty similar but kind of dated and has been halted in development for a long time. It's one of the apps that influenced Bit Slicer, and motivated it to do things that The Cheat cannot.

#9 Kurt Nauck

Kurt Nauck

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD3000
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

I love this product. The one thing it's missing that I really would like is a "compare to last scan" or "compare to saved scan" function set. I know that you can do = < > ~= against a scan or saved value, but being able to:
a) search for a value that is less than, greater than, equal or unequal to last scan/saved value without knowing the exact value
b) edit memory with the memory viewer!
would make this excellent. In addition, NOPing would be an amazing addition, but that'd require a disassembler/debugger module...so I don't ever expect to see that.

Anyway, thanks for the amazing product. Is there a way I can donate to you? I love this tool and have wanted to give you something for it...I finally got a massive raise and I can afford it! lol

#10 Kurt Nauck

Kurt Nauck

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Is there a chance that we could get a command line interface for this? Or perhaps, being able to pass BitSlicer arguments and perform operations without using the gui?
For example:
BitSlicer <processID> <variableType> <variableValue> [<rangeMin> <rangeMax> <flags> etc...]

#11 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostKurt Nauck, on 02 November 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

I love this product. The one thing it's missing that I really would like is a "compare to last scan" or "compare to saved scan" function set. I know that you can do = < > ~= against a scan or saved value, but being able to:
a) search for a value that is less than, greater than, equal or unequal to last scan/saved value without knowing the exact value

Can't you do this? I'm sort of confused. That's what the "Stored Value" functions are for. You just have to save the stored values when you want to (Tools -> Store all values in menubar).

B) edit memory with the memory viewer!

I could look into this. I hadn't before due to how the memory viewer was (wrongly) implemented before. It'd be in like a hex-editor fashion.

In addition, NOPing would be an amazing addition, but that'd require a disassembler/debugger module...so I don't ever expect to see that.

I'm interested in seeing if I can put in a dissembler but I'm not sure if that's going to happen. I currently also use GDB and otx in conjunction with bit slicer for inspecting programs, and if there's an instruction I know I want to nop in memory, I add the byte array to a document, make the protection on it writable, and modify the bytes to 90's (in hex) [least that's how it is for x86].

Command line interface: maybe. Only advantage I see with it is being able to use bit slicer remotely.

I don't have a donation system set up right now. Sorry about not responding sooner, I haven't been checking here lately because this isn't the most active place. Thanks for the feedback though.

[edit]: I'm now following this forum, this should work better : ).

#12 thanoulas

thanoulas

Champion Member

• Database Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GT750M 2GB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Hey, I didn't know the author of Bit Slicer hangs around in here! Massive massive thanks to you mate, the app is amazing.
I'm using it to find memory areas to develop MacAssistant RT for OS X, an Assistant tool for Football Manager 2013
(http://www.fmscout.c...ml?e=page#c7080)

Now for a few suggestions:
  • Memory Viewer - when you select an area and scroll it out of view, the selection is lost, any way you can fix that?
  • Memory Viewer - could you possibly add viewing the selected data values? (Int8 / Int16 / Int32 / Float / Pointer) like Hex Fiend does at the bottom?
  • Memory Viewer - Change the offset display between Hex and decimal (see hex fiend - clicking on the values changes mode)
  • Search - Add a between search
  • Search - Add Pattern Search - For example: I'm looking for the following pattern: Int32 Value / XXXXXXXX / Int32 Value (3F800000 XXXXXXXX 3F800000)
That's it, if I think of anything else I'll let you know,

Many thanks again for this insanely useful app

Posted Image
If I helped in any way, you can always click the Like button! | All my Ports | Download Barrel: The Wine Port Manager for Mac OS X

#13 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

View Postthanoulas, on 26 November 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

Hey, I didn't know the author of Bit Slicer hangs around in here! Massive massive thanks to you mate, the app is amazing.
I'm using it to find memory areas to develop MacAssistant RT for OS X, an Assistant tool for Football Manager 2013
(http://www.fmscout.c...ml?e=page#c7080)

Now for a few suggestions:
  • Memory Viewer - when you select an area and scroll it out of view, the selection is lost, any way you can fix that?
  • Memory Viewer - could you possibly add viewing the selected data values? (Int8 / Int16 / Int32 / Float / Pointer) like Hex Fiend does at the bottom?
  • Memory Viewer - Change the offset display between Hex and decimal (see hex fiend - clicking on the values changes mode)
  • Search - Add a between search
  • Search - Add Pattern Search - For example: I'm looking for the following pattern: Int32 Value / XXXXXXXX / Int32 Value (3F800000 XXXXXXXX 3F800000)
That's it, if I think of anything else I'll let you know,

Many thanks again for this insanely useful app

1. Likely fixed in latest alpha.
2. I don't recall Hex Fiend doing this, how does it do this? Currently you can just add a variable into a document table (it should default to the selected address in memory viewer), but that probably defeats the amount of convenience you want.
3. I think I actually went out of my way to disable that since addresses are represented typically in hex notation. There might have been another reason too which I'm not remembering, I will look into getting it back.
4. Probably something I should do. Currently, if you use > or < functions, you can put a lower or upper bound respectively which has a similar effect.
5. Byte array's have wildcards by using * or ?. Eg: using a byte array: 3F 80 00 00 ** ** ** ** 3F 80 00 00

Glad you found it helpful.

#14 thanoulas

thanoulas

Champion Member

• Database Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostZorg, on 26 November 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

2. I don't recall Hex Fiend doing this, how does it do this? Currently you can just add a variable into a document table (it should default to the selected address in memory viewer), but that probably defeats the amount of convenience you want.
If you go to Views -> Data Inspector on the menu, you get a selection at the bottom of the document which shows the values when you highlight data in the document

View PostZorg, on 26 November 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

5. Byte array's have wildcards by using * or ?. Eg: using a byte array: 3F 80 00 00 ** ** ** ** 3F 80 00 00

Glad you found it helpful.
Cool, that does the trick, thanks!

Posted Image
If I helped in any way, you can always click the Like button! | All my Ports | Download Barrel: The Wine Port Manager for Mac OS X

#15 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

Nifty. I had no idea Hex Fiend had that. Bit Slicer uses Hex Fiend's framework for the memory viewer, so I will see if I can pull that component in.

#16 thanoulas

thanoulas

Champion Member

• Database Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

Just checked your latest code in your repository, I saw that you're doing the codesign method to get access to the task_for_pid call, and I wanted to let you know that because I've tried that with my app, while it works on your computer, if you archive the app and distribute it, it wont get task_for_pid access on another machine. (unless of course I did something wrong)

Posted Image

#17 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

View Postthanoulas, on 29 November 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

Just checked your latest code in your repository, I saw that you're doing the codesign method to get access to the task_for_pid call, and I wanted to let you know that because I've tried that with my app, while it works on your computer, if you archive the app and distribute it, it wont get task_for_pid access on another machine. (unless of course I did something wrong)

Have you tried the latest alpha which uses it? It's been tested to work. It should work since I obtained a developer ID from Apple.

#18 thanoulas

thanoulas

Champion Member

• Database Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

View PostZorg, on 29 November 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

Have you tried the latest alpha which uses it? It's been tested to work. It should work since I obtained a developer ID from Apple.

Ah ok, I thought you were building it with a self signed certificate. No worries then

Posted Image

#19 Kurt Nauck

Kurt Nauck

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostZorg, on 24 November 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

Command line interface: maybe. Only advantage I see with it is being able to use bit slicer remotely.

It'd be very handy if one wanted to, say, write an applescript to launch a game/program and automatically patch memory locations =D

PS: Holy ****ing ****, batman! NOP <3

#20 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Changes in 1.6:
  • Added Debugging features including a disassembler, assembler, breakpoints, and watching variable accesses (watchpoints)
  • Added contextual menu support (right click menus) throughout application
  • Added "Store all Values" into function list
  • Added new application icon and a document icon
  • Added Auto-saving and document versioning (for OS X 10.7+)
  • Added Notification Center support (for OS X 10.8+)
  • Improved overall performance, including speeding up searching dramatically
  • Improved selection of running processes; child processes now show up
  • Improved usability of Memory Viewer and added Data Inspector
  • Memory protection changes are now made automatically if possible (eg: overwriting an unwritable value)
  • Code Signed application; no longer need to run as root
  • Using Sparkle for updates
  • Dropped support for 32-bit Macs
  • Many bug fixes

#21 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

Changes in 1.6.1:
  • Fixed bug with performing Unsigned > or < value searches
  • Fixed bug preventing floating-point expressions from being evaluated in some system set languages.
  • Fixed bug where watchpoints may not properly work
  • Fixed bug where process selection may change in memory viewer or debugger if multiple processes with same name exist
  • Fixed UI bug when debugger failed to disassemble any data
  • Added optional anonymous system profile submission to help development (see preferences)
  • Added donate option
Mainly a bug fix update, plus interested in retrieving some user stats on OS and language.

#22 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:37 AM

Changes in 1.6.2:
  • Fixed constant memory leak occuring in taskgated process
  • Fixed bug where a program's icon may not be retrieved when it launches.
Just another update with some important bug fixes.

Also, you can find the user stats that have been collected (anonymously/optionally) at this page.

#23 Etybyte

Etybyte

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, US
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • I like to play:A whole lot of different things.

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:15 AM

You are absolutely amazing. Love this program used to use another, but watched your development progress on this for a long time. The store and compare to stored search options were something I'd been looking for and when you added them it was perfect. I'm wondering if you can set it up so that variable addresses can reference the address of other variables. It'd be useful for things where you are keeping track of a set of offsets and want to be able to point the base to a new address if it changes without having to go and edit each variable address. Maybe I've just missed a feature somewhere or maybe there is a better way of dealing with this, but I'd love the feature.

#24 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

In 1.6, go to Tools -> Edit Variable Address in the menu bar. (In the latest 1.7 alpha's, you can just try to modify a variable address and it'll bring up a dialog). You can use pointers with [] syntax (see this page.). The latest 1.7 alphas additionally have address relativization with the base() function.

Thanks for the feedback. Hope this helps.

#25 Etybyte

Etybyte

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, US

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

View PostZorg, on 19 April 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

In 1.6, go to Tools -> Edit Variable Address in the menu bar. (In the latest 1.7 alpha's, you can just try to modify a variable address and it'll bring up a dialog). You can use pointers with [] syntax (see this page.). The latest 1.7 alphas additionally have address relativization with the base() function.

Thanks for the feedback. Hope this helps.

I love that pointer thing [], but that isn't what I was talking about. Suppose I know that a program creates a set of variables at offsets from a base pointer. I can add a variable whose address is that base pointer and I can add variables that point to offsets from that base pointers address. I can't have those offsets reference the address of that first variable however, because there is not necessarily a pointer to it. If I want to reuse those offset variables another time, I have to find that base address and then manually edit each of the variables to reference that as a pointer + offset. I hope I've been somewhat clear in what I'm attempting to describe. My apologies for any confusion and also for the rather long delay...

#26 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

The use case for that would be for custom structures in memory that contain various variables relative to each other, correct? This might be a good idea for later but won't put it on my current to-do list. It could be done by creating a custom struct type which holds a group of other variables that are offset from the struct's address. Feel free to create an issue on the bug tracker.

Depending on what you want to do, you may also be able to write a script in 1.7.

#27 Etybyte

Etybyte

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, US

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:24 AM

Yes, that would be the use. I'll certainly take a look at scripting for 1.7 sounds interesting.

#28 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:29 AM

Changes in 1.7:
  • New User Interface, with more emphasis on content
  • Scripting - Write Python scripts with the virtual memory and debugger modules to automate tasks
  • Code Injection - Inject x86 code into a target using the debugger
  • Improved Virtual Memory Searching; expect 4 to 15x speed up from 1.6
  • Editable Memory Viewer
  • Awareness of Mach-O binaries and support for Address Relativization (ASLR)
  • New 'Description' variable column (superseding 'Name'), which is annotated with memory info during searches
  • Endianness (byte order) option for searching memory
  • 'Search Pointer to Variable' under Variable menu
  • AVX Registers support in the debugger
  • Conditional Breakpoints - stop at a breakpoint when certain condition is met (can be 20-40x faster than GDB/LLDB)
  • Wildcard support for modifying multiple byte array values simutaneously
  • Customizable shortcuts for using the Debugger in Preferences
  • Smarter sorting in the Target pop-up of programs
  • Maverick's App Nap support, for being more energy efficient
  • Many other improvements / bug fixes
  • Requires OS X 10.8 or later
  • Moved project page and wiki to GitHub

#29 IMagNer

IMagNer

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Graphics Card:tjjetjet

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

Can You PLeaz add Hot Keys
i searched 60 and i make it hotkey z and change it to 10 and make it x
when  i press z makes value 60 when i press x makes value 10 when im in game i wish this thing will be added

#30 IMagNer

IMagNer

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Graphics Card:tjjetjet

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

can you add Ct Files to open to Bit slicer plz like cheat engine Test.Ct
Codes
i wish for this to add to new update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users