• LocationSpace
  • Graphics Card:I don't know.
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:Arcade, Side Scrollers

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

IMagNer, on 18 July 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

Can You PLeaz add Hot Keys
i searched 60 and i make it hotkey z and change it to 10 and make it x
when  i press z makes value 60 when i press x makes value 10 when im in game i wish this thing will be added

This can be done by creating a script like this:
#Hotkey Toggle Value Example
#Introduction to scripting: https://github.com/zorgiepoo/Bit-Slicer/wiki/Introduction-to-Scripting
from bitslicer import VirtualMemoryError, DebuggerError
import keycode
import keymod

MEMORY_ADDRESS = 0x1000 #change this to the address you desire

class Script(object):
	def __init__(self):
		debug.registerHotkey(keycode.Z, keymod.NONE, lambda _: vm.writeInt8(MEMORY_ADDRESS, 60))
		debug.registerHotkey(keycode.X, keymod.NONE, lambda _: vm.writeInt8(MEMORY_ADDRESS, 10))

where you change MEMORY_ADDRESS to the address you really want to modify. See the Introduction to Scripting page for more Information.

If I understand your second question correctly, Bit Slicer supports saving for search windows, just like any other app would.

#32 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

Changes in 1.7.1:
  • Updated application to reflect new Gatekeeper changes coming in 10.9.5
  • Fixed potential application crash when a script error occurs in a hotkey or breakpoint handler
  • Improved searching for symbols in debugger window by keeping the address field active
  • Changed memory viewer and debugger address fields to send action only upon return/enter
  • Other minor bug fixes

Just some minor changes.

#33 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

Changes in 1.7.2:
  • Fixed major bug introduced in 1.7 where searching for a 64-bit integer or double gave false results in 32-bit programs
  • Fixed crash when loading old Bit Slicer documents
  • Fixed debugger split divider being a couple pixels too thick
  • Fixed "Pause Target" menu item not changing to "Unpause Target" when triggered
  • Fixed undo'ing Add Variable not updating number of displayed values
  • Added ability to translate Bit Slicer into different languages (e.g, Spanish)
Mostly bug fixes in addition to the ability to translate the application into different languages.

#34 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:13 AM

1.7.3 Changes:
  • Fixed signed 16-bit integers showing up as unsigned bug
  • Fixed bug where entering a large memory address in non-hex form might fail
  • Fixed initial not equal string and byte array searches from not functioning correctly
  • Fixed big endian case insensitive 16-bit string search not working
  • Added custom preferences icons
  • Improved support for 10.10

I think 10.10 issues are worked out (hopefully).

#35 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:56 AM

1.7.4 Changes

• Added 'Pause Target When in Background' feature in File menu, for games that don't pause when they aren't the frontmost application
  • Added number of accesses column when watching read/write accesses to a variable
  • Changed Store Values button so that it now inserts text ($StoredValue) instead of a token, which previously was a hack that wasn't very stable
  • Changed default register type to be Pointer instead of Byte Array when viewing register values in the Debugger
  • Fixed crash when hiding and re-showing the Data Inspector for the Memory Viewer
  • Fixed rare potential crash after entering a password to allow access to a target's memory
  • Fixed bugs and improved support for OS X Yosemite

#36 Etybyte

Etybyte

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, US
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • I like to play:A whole lot of different things.

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:45 AM

Zorg, on 19 April 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

The latest 1.7 alphas additionally have address relativization with the base() function.
^This is fantastic btw and I like the python scripting as well. I'm wondering is there anyway to add addresses to the variable list automatically as a function of a script. Can I write a script that scans and finds one particular memory address and then adds that address to the list of variables so that I can then manually modify and manage it. I read the entire new wiki and didn't see anything on it, but perhaps I missed it or misunderstood something.

Your program keeps getting better and you've done some fantastic work at bringing the usability and functionality of the ever popular cheat engine to the mac operating system and quite frankly for the features that you /do/ have I think they are better implemented in terms of user interface both in design and in functionality.

#37 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:02 AM

Scripts and documents have minimal interaction currently, so a script cannot add a variable onto the table right now. Best you can do at this moment is log a memory address, and manually add it from there. I haven't decided how to approach manipulation of the table, or input/output yet. Another fairly requested feature I also need to think about is being able to relativize a variable's address to another variable in the table for things like structs.

Yeah, user interface design and functionality are both challenging and often intermixed. Neither is ever perfect, but they can always be improved upon. Thanks for the comments.

#38 Etybyte

Etybyte

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, US
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • I like to play:A whole lot of different things.

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:28 AM

I look forward to any progress you make in either of those areas.

IMagNer, on 18 July 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

can you add Ct Files to open to Bit slicer plz like cheat engine Test.Ct
Codes
i wish for this to add to new update

Zorg, on 18 July 2014 - 09:49 PM, said:

If I understand your second question correctly, Bit Slicer supports saving for search windows, just like any other app would.

I think he was suggesting you support the ability to open files that had been saved from cheat engine. Their site and community have put up cheat files for many games for download and I think he wants to be able to download and use those files with bit slicer. It might not be too difficult to partially support cheat engine save files that only have simple memory address variables stored.

Maybe some kind of a separate structure building window aside from the main variable document that simply stores a base address and then instead of an entire address like the normal window takes an offset in the same place. Maybe add in a way to automatically fill the table with a given number of offsets of a particular variable type. Obviously that would be a more complicated and difficult goal than simply trying to introduce variables relative to any other variable, but in terms of functionality provided to the end user it may be worth it as it would cover the majority of basic structure re-building features and would provide a good way to include even more re-classing features later.

#39 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

Re: above about opening CE files - there no point in supporting that. Most (if not all) of the cheats would not even work on the Mac.

New update, mostly with bug fixes and a couple additions:

1.7.5 Changes
  • Fixed bug where deleting all text from the search field would clear the active variables
  • Fixed rare bug where searching freezes/hangs on some kinds of programs
  • Fixed bug where injecting code from the debugger window may fail unless the dialog was re-opened again
  • Fixed crash when searching for 8-bit integer with big-endian mode on
  • Improved reliability of symbol lookups when entering a symbol in the debugger window
  • Added Russian Translations (thanks to Dmitry Petrenko)
  • Added prompt and activate functions to Scripting

#40 Sitgestraveller

Sitgestraveller

Lurker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB
  • I like to play:FPS games mostly.

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:36 AM

Hi Zorg,

I realise I must appear a complete dunderhead but I still can't seem to use the bit slicer properly.

I tab out of FAR CRY 2 (using, incidentally, the wrapper from the Porting Team database) and enter the value.  Bit slicer then shows the long list of addresses.  After I then change the value in FAR CRY 2 and then tab out again to bit slicer and put the new value in the search box, the original long list of addresses disappears completely and the search comes up with nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Mike.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users