i didn't know him but still he sounds like a nice person

RIP Max

#32 drats

drats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

I only seen some posts of him in this forum and didn´t had personal contact with him. I also seen this thread some days ago, but I didn´t knew what to say. And to be honest it even followed me when I went to bed after I´ve seen it. I than read his posts here, which made it even worse, a friendly guy ... so young, full of plans.. so many things left to do, so many places to visit.
I hope he is well now and can see how much worth he was for all. My thoughts are with him, his family and friends.
I remember a German song called "nur die Besten sterben jung" (only the best die young), I guess that´s true.

#33 Crowie

Crowie

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 630 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI HD 2600
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:03 PM

MAX Du versäumst mich tief (You miss me profoundly like my father)
Ich werde auf das Grab meines Vaters gehen, um dich zu bitten
Fan of WineSkin http://wineskin.doh123.com/FAQ.html

In memory of my forumfriend MaxWeber (21/06/09)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 macintosher

macintosher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

Hello everyone,

Max's mom kindly asked me to forward her words to you:

Dear porting team community,

On behalf of my family I want to thank each and everyone of you for your nice comments. We can't tell you how much that means to us. The porting team is a wonderful forum with wonderful people from all over the world and now I understand why my son loved you guys so much and felt uplifted by your friendship. There were days when we were sitting at the dining table and he was talking about you, how wonderful you guys were and how proud he was of being a part of your forum. My son was very gifted, he was blessed with the gift of words and the power to touch people on a very emotional level. A few days before he passed away he said:" Mom, what I'm going to say to you now will upset you, but please do not be upset, because I will always be with you, no matter where I am". "I know I am only 22 years old but in case something ever happens to me, keep the following words close to your heart, as they will comfort you in time of grief". "I have seen sunsets, sunrises, blue oceans, deep seas, lush forests, dense jungles, but nothing, not even these, could compare to the beauty that lies before me, you are the most beautiful and greatest mother a son could ask for and I hope I filled your heart with happiness and cherished memories, because thats exactly what you did for me. I'll never forget the way you held me when I was sick, or did my homework when I was too lazy to do it myself. Mom, you inspired me in so many ways, you were so driven to succeed and worked so hard, I wanted to be just like you, thank you for everything you have done for me". You can imagine how hard it is for a mother not to cry, when her own son says such wonderful things and indeed his words comfort me now.

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude and appreciation to the following people who made my son feel so special.

Mr. Bergstein
Mr. Crowie
Mr. Loco
Mr. Macintosher
Mr. Devilhunter
Mr. Taeki
Mr. Korich
Mr. Dafootballer

Those are the names he has not only mentioned to me, but also mentioned  in his journal, especially the first 4. Therefore, I decided to share with you the result of the autopsy report taken shortly after my dear son passed away. The cause of death was  an untreated head injury which he suffered 2 years ago, he was bullied and beaten up by some idiots for no particular reason, as they stated a few months after in court, they were bored and that's why they did it. Unfortunately, the  hospital staff back then did not examine him properly and released him just a few hours later, stating in the hospital report that the patient has only superficial wounds, followed by a broken nose and ribs. Patient was released because he is not in a life-threatening condition. This explains a lot to me, the doctors in the ICU were clueless and could not determine what caused the multiple strokes. They were cause by this untreated head injury, I don't know and understand how the doctors could not diagnose that 2 years ago. Isn't that the first thing they should do? Especially when a human being was beaten savagely and it even says in the old hospital report, patient complains about unbearable headache, dizziness and problems with his vision.

We are currently suing the hospital, but I don't think anything is going to happen. Doctors in Germany are very well protected by the law, and even if, no matter how much money they give me, it's not going to give me my son back.

I hope my son rests in peace in a place much more beautiful than this world.

Thank you all for your wonderful support,
Elisabeth

The text was originally translated from German to English

I don't know what to say, I can't find the right words to express how I feel...

Macintosher
Posted Image

#35 dafootballer

dafootballer

Master Member

• Members
  • 1259 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GeForce 9400m
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:14 AM

wow...ive known people on the internet ive called them my friends and ive even talked to them on super personal measures (long story) but i have never had someone on the internet talk about me in person (that i know of) but to really touch someone like that and to know him for what a few months? Is the most incredible thing...

i mean everyone loved him there wasnt ONE thing to not like about him even if i was the most mean spirited person in the world i wouldnt be able to say one thing about him that was bad he was a great person and im sure a great son and i wish i was like that to my parents

Good Luck Mrs. Weber it saddens me knowing that professionals couldnt spend more time with their patients

Posted ImagePosted ImageJoin the Porting Team Steam Group!

#36 MWest

MWest

Rookie Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast England

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:56 PM

What a touching message, it's so nice that she took the time and effort to let you guys know happened.

I remember several years ago a similar thing happened to my brother, he was attacked on New Year's by a group of young people and was hospitalised for several days following this. When the youths were questioned, they had just done it for the fun of it, they were out for a fight.

I remember thinking then (I was quite young) how disgusting it was that things of this type happened and this has only reinforced my belief in pacifism.

Luckily my brother didn't sustain any permanent injury but my heart goes out to Max's family, I remember how hard it was on mine for those few days but cannot begin to imagine the grief they must all be feeling.

It's a shame that the world has lost such a genuinely lovely person.

Rest in peace.
West

#37 Crowie

Crowie

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 630 posts
  • Graphics Card:ATI HD 2600
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:31 PM

Mon bon Max... Et dire que quelques jours avant je t'ai écrit.
Sache que là où tu es j'ai pardonné tout le mal que tu supportais.
Par contre je ne me pardonnerai jamais de ne pas t'avoir sauvé mon frère, mon ami...
Celui qui partageait cette passion. Je suis fier de t'avoir rencontré et je ne t'oublie pas, jamais!
Fan of WineSkin http://wineskin.doh123.com/FAQ.html

In memory of my forumfriend MaxWeber (21/06/09)
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users