• Create Account

Looking for Sub-Moderators (Language Sections)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

We are looking for some Submoderators in our Language Subsections.

Since we have various Language sections since a while now, moderating some sections is a little bit hard since the Admins and Mods cannot cover every area quickly in case of help requests or Spam.

So we are looking for a few people who are a bit talk active and on the helpful side to your countrymen.
You would be given a 'Sub-Moderator' Rank with control over your Language section. (can delete Spam posts / can merge Topics / can lock Topics)

The Sections we'd need some help for are:
Deutsch (German) thank you Battlefiler & cybershark
Français (French) thank you ScipioAemilius
Italiano (Italian)
Русский (Russian)

The Italian and Russian Sections would currently benefit the most from additional help and moderation, and if someone wants to help out in the German subsection that would be very helpful, too.

The other subsections (Chinese, Japanese, Spanish and Portuguese) aren't nearly as active as the other ones, we'll see what we can do with those.

So the requirements for becoming a Language Submoderator would be:
- speak one of the Languages in question.
- be active, post a lot. If you generally have answers to questions this would help a lot of people.
This doesn't mean you have to be a master-porter and answer every question into detail, just smalltalk, replying and pointing into a direction where people can find help/resources helps a lot!
- visit us frequently. if you are given the Submoderator Status, visiting the Forum or your applied language section only once or twice a week wouldn't be very helpful.  

There is not much action in the Language Subsections as of now, but with some additional help (from you) activity there would be much better.

Be assured, if you have any questions later regarding general moderation, you can always ask the Board Moderators (guys in green) or Admins (guys in red) about anything.
We'll show you how to manage Topics on this Board, but generally it's very easy.

If you'd like to apply for Sub-Moderator Status on a Language Subforum, reply to this topic with a short introduction about why you'd like to apply.
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#2 GeekyMacBoy1

GeekyMacBoy1

Champion Member

• Members
  • 753 posts
  • LocationHK
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

Meh, I only know chinese out of all those languages.

#3 Korich

Korich

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationKharkov
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • I like to play:Quake

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:07 PM

I always look at russian subsections
ExOwner :P

#4 ScipioAemilius

ScipioAemilius

Centurion du forum francophone

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 512 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
  • I like to play:Strategy (Europa Universalis III, EU:Rome, Rome Total War) and some RPG (NWN, TES)

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:12 PM

I could take care of the french forum ; I suck at porting, but I certainly can filter spam!

Born and raised in french in Canada and actually studying in Paris, I assure you I can communicate very well in french. As for moderating, I used to do it a few years ago when a friend and I "inherited" a server with a Neverwinter Nights mod, a forum and a small community of players. As for frequency, I assure you I visit these forums at least every other day.

The reason why I'd apply for (sub)moderating the french forum is because I'm learning from you and I take wrappers and good old games I'd never thought I'd be able to play again, and I want to give something back and play my part, as small as it can be.
Posted Image

If there is a problem with one of my wrappers, please let me know by posting on the game thread AND by sending me a pm.
If there are no problems, then a little "Thank you!" is always heart-warming! ;)

#5 Jowacom

Jowacom

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 811 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon 2600 HD
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:Most genres

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:42 PM

I can't speak any of them... :(

Well, I can speak a little german, but that's all. Schlecht.

#6 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:05 PM

ScipioAemilius said:

I could take care of the french forum ; I suck at porting, but I certainly can filter spam!

Born and raised in french in Canada and actually studying in Paris, I assure you I can communicate very well in french. As for moderating, I used to do it a few years ago when a friend and I "inherited" a server with a Neverwinter Nights mod, a forum and a small community of players. As for frequency, I assure you I visit these forums at least every other day.

The reason why I'd apply for (sub)moderating the french forum is because I'm learning from you and I take wrappers and good old games I'd never thought I'd be able to play again, and I want to give something back and play my part, as small as it can be.

ah. I was just gonna post in this thread that you should be considered as such because you are so helpful in it on a regular basis. The french forum I mean...I'm not sure if there is a rank involved with the language moderator position but there should be. I'm born and raised in the only officially bilingual province....grade one to eleven was french immersion so I am well versed in the language I just don't have a tonne of time for it. NB is pretty sweet, I suppose you were raised in QC?

#7 ScipioAemilius

ScipioAemilius

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 512 posts
  • I like to play:Strategy (Europa Universalis III, EU:Rome, Rome Total War) and some RPG (NWN, TES)

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:33 PM

Indeed, born and raised in Montréal. I went to NB on a number of occasions (mainly just passing by to reach Cape Breton Island, Prince-Edouard Island or St-Helen Island). Still, NB was the last bastion of french-speaking inhabitants when going eastward, and people over there are quite charming. I like that province very much!

As for helping in the french section, well I consider myself bilingual, I'm very curious about porting and I'm doing a PhD, which means I've got a ton of free time on my hands (not that I *should*, but I do :P ), so if I can help with whatever info I can, then all the best for it! Plus, my pride can't accept that french comes behind german, italian and (back then) russian in terms of activity, hehe. To have an active forum (or sections of forum), you need active members. Here I am, doing what I can. ;)

Finally, I was thinking of translating some tutorials in french... when I'll have *more* free time. And if I had sub-moderator powers, I'd keep every french user under my boot... err, I mean I'd tidy up the french section a bit. :P
Posted Image

If there is a problem with one of my wrappers, please let me know by posting on the game thread AND by sending me a pm.
If there are no problems, then a little "Thank you!" is always heart-warming! ;)

#8 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
Author

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

Alright ScipioAemilius, you're the first one to really make an effort on this.

You've been upgraded to 'Sub-Moderator', and have now basic control of the Language Subsections (all, not just one at the moment)

Thanks for your efforts and we'll hope you stick around for a while as an active Member.
Further Instructions follow via PM.

-dev
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#9 ScipioAemilius

ScipioAemilius

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:53 PM

Hurray! Thanks devilhunter! I'll try not to disappoint you and, considering I still have a lot to learn about porting, I'll probably be here for a while.

[picky]Can my name be in blue too? :P[/picky]
Posted Image

#10 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
Author

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:28 AM

Can my name be in blue too?
I've tried, Blue bites itself pretty hard with the dark theme, and there would be too many colors in the User legend on the Main Forum page.
(plus you'd stick out like a flare then)

- zero

#11 ScipioAemilius

ScipioAemilius

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 512 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:43 AM

devilhunter said:

(plus you'd stick out like a flare then)
That was pretty much the point : I'm so unique! :P

Anyway, I'll try to get the rookie porter title too (and, who knows, an advanced one in the future?) ; just give me some time, I'll deserve a color!
Posted Image

#12 Jowacom

Jowacom

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 811 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:16 PM

I'm sure you're going to make it! :)

Too bad you don't have a Swedish forum. :(

#13 tomalder

tomalder

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:19 PM

I can work in French and Italian ... always willing to help !

#14 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
Author

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

tomalder said:

We always seek a few active members for some helping hands.
Seeing as you are new, be a little more active here if you want to help out, then one thing leads to another.

- zero

#15 ScipioAemilius

ScipioAemilius

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 512 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:59 PM

devilhunter said:

tomalder said:

We always seek a few active members for some helping hands.
Seeing as you are new, be a little more active here if you want to help out, then one thing leads to another.
Well, my italian is pretty weak, so you could be helpful by trying to answer topics there (I'm trying my best, but it's complicated for me!). And if you're really courageous, you could translate a few guides (as seen in the french subsection : main FAQ, Wineskin FAQ, etc). I'll have them proof-read and I'll sticky them. What got me "hired" was that I didn't wait to have "sub-moderator powers" before I tried to help. ;)
Posted Image

#16 WrathInsideMe

WrathInsideMe

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationMount Doom
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 512 MB

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:32 PM

If someone needs Romanian or Moldovan, I'm here. I was born in Moldova and still living. Moldova and Romania have the same languages.

#17 WrathInsideMe

WrathInsideMe

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationMount Doom

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

WrathInsideMe said:

If someone needs Romanian or Moldovan, I'm here. I was born in Moldova and still living. Moldova and Romania have the same languages.

I know the Romanian language perfectly. 100 %

#18 WrathInsideMe

WrathInsideMe

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationMount Doom

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

Too bed no Romanian language section. :D

#19 songyh1996

songyh1996

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:23 AM

It would be interesting to have Korean section... There's Chinese, Japanese, then definitely there should be Korean!

I know lots of Korean people who are interested in porting, certainly Koreans are game addicts too :O

If needed, I could be submoderator for the Korean section if Korean section is made.

bit of info,
I was born in Korea, lived there for 12 years, so I'm very fluent in Korean.
I also have experience with porting, and I also have small group in my hometown (Seoul) who ports games :P
I visit the portingteam forum at least 5 times a day, and if Korean section is made, I'll try my best to take good care!
AnToNiOoOoOo
macrevo.weebly.com

#20 cybershark

cybershark

Veteran Member

• Forum Moderators
  • 371 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

I could take the german section :)
It's my mother tongue and I'm online every day. So just tell me if u need me ^^

Edit: I believe I diged that topic out somehow. I readed that the topic was posted at 18.jan.2012 . Sorry, my fault.

Posted Image

#21 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
Author

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

View Postcybershark, on 24 January 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

I could take the german section :)
It's my mother tongue and I'm online every day. So just tell me if u need me ^^

Edit: I believe I diged that topic out somehow. I readed that the topic was posted at 18.jan.2012 . Sorry, my fault.

No, we're still looking for language moderators :P
This is still on.

The language section(s) have been recently cleaned up by syao, so things should be manageable again.
Help out in the german section a bit, and i'll look at how we can integrate sub moderators better.

- zero

#22 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2,836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:46 AM

I'd suggest maybe make a Scandinavian section?
Norwegian, danish, swedish and somewhat finnish people (they learn swedish) have the same language.
Most do however write english pretty well, but if some would have an easier time getting help in their native language I'm sure I can help out.
I don't know how many scandinavians that do use this site tho.

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#23 Jowacom

Jowacom

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 811 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

Well, I'm Scandinavian, so one, so far! :D

#24 Battlefiler

Battlefiler

Veteran Member

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 423 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 3000 (512mb)
  • I like to play:Star Wars Battlefront 2

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

i want to be a Moderator for the german section
Posted Image

#25 cybershark

cybershark

Veteran Member

• Forum Moderators
  • 371 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

hey, I asked before u to become mod for the german section

Posted Image

#26 Battlefiler

Battlefiler

Veteran Member

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 423 posts
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 3000 (512mb)
  • I like to play:Star Wars Battlefront 2

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

View Postcybershark, on 28 January 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

we will see
Posted Image

#27 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
Author

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:48 PM

View Postcybershark, on 28 January 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

There can be multiple sub mods for one section, no need to limit this to just one.
You just need to get along together :P
I'll see what i can do this week about you two.

- zero

#28 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts
Author

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

Battlefiler & cybershark were added as Sub-Moderators for the German Section.

- zero

#29 wMin17

wMin17

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:25 AM

If you had a korean forum, I could help!  I lived in america almost all my life, but am now living in korea for about 3-4 years.  I know both languages very well.

#30 Blinx 007

Blinx 007

Master Member

• Members
  • 1,351 posts
  • Graphics Card:Nivida
  • I like to play:FPS RPG 3rd Person & Horror Games

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

Hey i think you shouldn't pick me! :lol:
but i wan an try out! B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic