#1 loco

loco

PortingTeam Founder

• Administrators
  • 1186 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

I am aware you are able to cap either the upper or lower level of a search, but one at a time. In my opinion the be able to search only for the domain within a set range would save a lot of time. For example when you know that the value is definitely a positive value, but there is no way it'll be above a million. I think this would speed up finding unknown values when comparing to the stored set.

Follow us on facebook:

#2 Zorg

Zorg

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSpace
  • Graphics Card:I don't know.
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified
  • I like to play:Arcade, Side Scrollers

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:35 AM

loco said:

I am aware you are able to cap either the upper or lower level of a search, but one at a time. In my opinion the be able to search only for the domain within a set range would save a lot of time. For example when you know that the value is definitely a positive value, but there is no way it'll be above a million. I think this would speed up finding unknown values when comparing to the stored set.

The greater and less than functions pretty much allow ranges. I can see that if you have compared stored values checked, you'll only be able to set one of the bounds though, but you could just do a ranged search without 'Compare stored values' checked (and then re-check it later if you want to)?

I guess what I'm saying is that it is kind of doable right now without adding something new on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users