7 replies to this topic

#1 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:06 PM

Hello all.

It certainly has been a while since the Donations were shut down, and for those who wanted to contribute a little something to our cause, i apologize for why it took so long.

As some remember, we had a high post-limit on the Full Games section (27+ Posts to view) to not fall into the 'file-sharing' category on the Internet, we are more in the 'brains' category after all. (no, not the Zombie 'braaaains' kinda thing)  
(also that high post limit was kinda absurd, now that we look back at it, now it's down to a very manageable 3)
While Donations were on, some people came to the ridiculous idea of donating their way into the full games section, and this was not OK.
Things here are free for everybody, and we intend to keep it that way forever, i shut down donations to prevent said terrible above.

Things have changed since then, and i was getting a good amount of 'hey, can i donate?' messages over the time.

We do not like to beg for money (or have an urgent need for it) as some other Websites or Guys on Youtube do to pay for our online services (the little banner above helps a bit covering the costs), so we've come up with another good cause for donations.

From every Donation we get, we will donate 50% of it all to the Wine Project, since these guys are magic behind the Wrappers, and they do lots & lots of work on Wine.

For our part of the Donations, we can make little contests in the Forum or buy other things that could help us all, like a mac Cydia repository or a server to help seeding Wrappers or Engines.

If you do want to donate, have a look at the top right of the Forum or the Blog, instructions are there.
(currently Paypal only, Google Checkout can be if enough people bug me into it ^^ )

Every Donator get's a nice golden 'Donator' Badge below his Avatar (example: waves), and he/she will be added to the 'Donator' Group.
Amount you want to donate is up to you.

Don't forget to write your Forum username into the Paypal description field before you press 'submit', to let us know who donated.
If you miss this, you can still email your Paypal transaction ID to donation@portingteam.com

Adding you to the Donator Group can sometimes take up to a few hours, time-zones and work are at fault here, some of us have to sleep sometimes ^_^  (no, not at work of course...)

- The Team
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#2 blueman56

blueman56

Veteran Member

• Donators
  • 342 posts
  • Graphics Card:A Portable One!
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

Good to see it back, and a great idea to give half the donation to the guys at Wine.

I would like to think everybody who takes one wrapper would donate a little something as they all get something out of it. (But unfortunately i know that's not how the world works)

I like my shiny badge though!

#3 loco

loco

PortingTeam Founder

• Administrators
  • 1186 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

Imagine the difference it would make if everybody were to donate $1. It's not an amount that would affect you much, if at all. But on the big scale...

Follow us on facebook:

#4 Jkownz

Jkownz

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

I will donate once I can get some money in my paypal account
Posted Image

#5 Jowacom

Jowacom

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 811 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon 2600 HD
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:Most genres

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:57 PM

I would also do that... as soon as I get some money in my PayPal account. :)

#6 suehprom2004

suehprom2004

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:02 AM

Agreed, a little does go a long way.  As a new member, I was wondering how the pay system worked.  Wish the best.

#7 powermac

powermac

Lurker

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:34 AM

Definitely on my list, as soon as I get some ports working.

#8 faceslaughter

faceslaughter

Novice Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

how you can donate if you do not have a paypal account?
thats interesting to me, i know, that it is the easiest way, but...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users