So some news.
Because all features requested basically sum up, what I wanted to achieve for CiderX 2.0, I decided to give the whole project a chance again.
Then I have opened the source code of the latest screenshots you saw to start working on it again. I did a test run and noticed "Wow, I totally forgot, how buggy the whole interface was."
It was pure horror, after about half and hour being unable to fix the selection of engines on Lion, I gave up and decided to start from scratch.
I am sorry for your design Samm565, but I cannot make it real. I spend so much time struggling with it, that I have not implemented any(!) functionality at all among the whole development progress, expect for engine creating and parsing.
So here is what I did instead:
Using plain cocoa methods.
I have spend just 15 minutes on this including the implementation of the source list. The games are currently just folders in the application support of CiderX, but the view works a 100%.
There is not much functionality right now, but I will now copy the stuff I did in the past days (not that much) and start implementing the rest.
And of course it lakes of a "+"-Button to add new Projects.
Engine Management will be inside the projects. Whenever you need to select an engine, you will get the options to select an installed one or to download/import another engine (and it will install it automatically for future selections).
Using the normal Cocoa Interfaces speeds up the progress a lot and makes me able to use the interface builder again. Large parts of the old interface did only exist programmatically. It is pain and I will not do it again, although I loved samm's concept. Right now, I can create any view you will see on the right using the interface builder and when you select and option at the left, I will just load up that one and pass some arguments to it. Super easy!! ^^