6 replies to this topic

#1 Razgriz92

Razgriz92

Professional Member

• Donators
  • 173 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
  • I like to play:FPS, RPG, etc. (end of thinking capacity)

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:25 PM

I'm making my own wrapper using the newest wineskin (2.2), but it has some sound issues like the sound of guns not appearing(?)
here's the last run wine log, i think it has something to do with the d3d volume, and also something to do with the vendor GPU needs to be fixed.. anybody willing to help? any help would be nice  :)
http://portingteam.c... ... m/im9JgWXv

and also last run x11:
http://portingteam.c... ... m/3aGd8za6

in winehq I found this:

- To improve the performance

1. Enable multicore rendering.  This increases performance by 10-15 fps in most places for me.
2. Use the following patch:
http://portingteam.c... ... i?id=24812
   This increases performance by 50-60 fps in most places for me.  Note that you may need to minimise/restore or otherwise lose and regain focus of the game to fix the flashlight and some textures if using this patch.
   The performance is so much better in wine-1.1.33 that this doesn't seem to be needed any more.  The framerate with this in wine-1.1.32 was still higher than the framerate without this in wine-1.1.33 though.
but when using the patch above, I will be needing to minimise/restore which can't be done in wineskin.. is it really necessary?
I got bad english, yeah I know.. Sorry about that!
Mess with the best, you'll die like the rest!
Posted Image
Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts
- Martin Buxbaum

#2 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
  • Graphics Card:nVidia 9400m 256mb
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    MSI N670GTX PW/OCE 2GB SLI
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG, Racing, and of course FPS

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:32 PM

What wine version are you using

Posted Image
Macbook Pro: Intel C2D 2.53ghz, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9400m 256MB

Hackintosh: Intel i5-3570k, 16GB Ram, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition SLI
If my post helped you hit the like button :)

#3 Razgriz92

Razgriz92

Professional Member

• Donators
  • 173 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

I think it was WS7wine 1.3.17
whoops, totally forgot about that part..
Posted Image
Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts
- Martin Buxbaum

#4 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:47 PM

Well CX has full support for L4D2...you could use doh123's CX10.0.0WineskinEngine.bundle....in which case the patch is basically already built in to that WineBuild...

As for the sound problem, try installing dsound via Winestricks

#5 Razgriz92

Razgriz92

Professional Member

• Donators
  • 173 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:34 AM

DankoB said:

Well CX has full support for L4D2...you could use doh123's CX10.0.0WineskinEngine.bundle....in which case the patch is basically already built in to that WineBuild...

As for the sound problem, try installing dsound via Winestricks
Tried dsound, the problem is still there.. maybe I'll try CX10.0.0 later.. thanks for the help :)
gtg to class
Posted Image
- Martin Buxbaum

#6 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:16 AM

In WIneskin.app -> Advanced -> Option tab, you can disable the auto detect of GPU info and it will get rid of that error.. whatever GPU you have Wine doesn't have it in its database... if you disable that option, Wine will just autodetect the closest thing (which is usually wrong) but will work... in actuality, either way will probably work fine, and its unlikely to be a problem.

as to the sound failing.. i have no idea, but the cxwine builds do have some specific stuff built into them for that game... might work better.

#7 Razgriz92

Razgriz92

Professional Member

• Donators
  • 173 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:36 PM

doh123 said:

In WIneskin.app -> Advanced -> Option tab, you can disable the auto detect of GPU info and it will get rid of that error.. whatever GPU you have Wine doesn't have it in its database... if you disable that option, Wine will just autodetect the closest thing (which is usually wrong) but will work... in actuality, either way will probably work fine, and its unlikely to be a problem.

as to the sound failing.. i have no idea, but the cxwine builds do have some specific stuff built into them for that game... might work better.
Posted Image
In the options tab, there's no the auto detect GPU thingy? Maybe a failed wrapper?

Using the CX10.0.0 has improved the performance a bit.. the stutter when the should that should be played almost gone, but it's still there! and still no dice for the sound..

EDIT: I think I have found the problem.. in the console, it says:

S_StartSound: Failed to load sound 'ui\menu_focus.wav', file probably missing from disk/repository
S_StartSound: Failed to load sound 'ui\menu_accept.wav', file probably missing from disk/repository
CGameUIConVarRef  doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Unable to initialize DirectSoundCapture. You won't be able to speak to other players.S_StartSound: Failed to load sound 'ui\buttonclick.wav', file probably missing from disk/repository
S_StartSound: Failed to load sound 'ui\menu_back.wav', file probably missing from disk/repository
Host_WriteConfiguration: Wrote cfg/config.cfg

Missing files I presume.. or maybe wine's bug not linking the files correctly?
Posted Image
- Martin Buxbaum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users