26 replies to this topic

#1 Matty0

Matty0

Advanced Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

as its a .net 4 wrapper (with xna tools) i was told it couldn't be done. but apparently it can! i duno who did it but i found it so here you go guys

its ported with some "mono" tools... never heard of them but anyway, i just thought i'd let you guys know. if we can figure out how they port .net 4 into wrappers then its going to be very helpful!

EDIT:

enjoy

#2 ScipioAemilius

ScipioAemilius

Centurion du forum francophone

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 512 posts
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
  • I like to play:Strategy (Europa Universalis III, EU:Rome, Rome Total War) and some RPG (NWN, TES)

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

I remember using mono in Winetricks for dotnet 3.0... Perhaps the same can be done with dotnet 4.0?
Posted Image

If there is a problem with one of my wrappers, please let me know by posting on the game thread AND by sending me a pm.
If there are no problems, then a little "Thank you!" is always heart-warming! ;)

#3 Matty0

Matty0

Advanced Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

if you can let me know how i would test that, i can do as i still have the windows installer on here, + i have another .net game (this time 3.0) called magicka that i'd like to attempt a port on but so far i've come stuck :/

EDIT:

ok so i found the "mono" options in the winetricks app within the wrapper. but they all fail to install... i can get .net 2 and bellow to install regardless, but still no luck with 3.0+. is there a particular wrapper that i should try getting mono running in?

#4 ScipioAemilius

ScipioAemilius

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 512 posts
  • I like to play:Strategy (Europa Universalis III, EU:Rome, Rome Total War) and some RPG (NWN, TES)

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

I dug up the topic in which mono was discussed : http://forum.porting...hp?f=225&t=7362

playn said:

Install mono26 from winetricks
And if it's still not working then set mscoree to native.

and I said:

Thanks for the quick reply! I installed dotnet20, then mono26, then directx9 and then followed your indication to change mscoree to native, but it still doesn't work.
So it was with dotnet 2.0, and I've never tried 3 or 4, so that's all I can do to help...
Posted Image

If there is a problem with one of my wrappers, please let me know by posting on the game thread AND by sending me a pm.
If there are no problems, then a little "Thank you!" is always heart-warming! ;)

#5 Matty0

Matty0

Advanced Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:11 PM

got it to work :D had to use wineskin rather than CXZ or the new CXEx, (im not the best with wineskin) but using winebottler got me off to a good start. anyway, i installed mono (2.4 i think...) then got .net 3.5 to run so i could install magicka! i havent tried .net 4.0 (don't fix what aint broke ;)) but yeah the idea is solid. mono seems to do the trick :) i visited their website and downloaded the mac API's but i have no understanding of how to use them for now. anyway, just thought i'd update you

#6 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG and Strategy

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

Matty0 said:

got it to work :D had to use wineskin rather than CXZ or the new CXEx, (im not the best with wineskin) but using winebottler got me off to a good start. anyway, i installed mono (2.4 i think...) then got .net 3.5 to run so i could install magicka! i havent tried .net 4.0 (don't fix what aint broke ;)) but yeah the idea is solid. mono seems to do the trick :) i visited their website and downloaded the mac API's but i have no understanding of how to use them for now. anyway, just thought i'd update you
cool to know... messing with Mono/.NET is always such a PITA  :-)

#7 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Graphics Card:MacBook Pro 11,3
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
  • Operating System:macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
  • I like to play:la rockitar
Author

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

doh123 said:

Matty0 said:

cool to know... messing with Mono/.NET is always such a PITA  :-)

Totally agree, nicely done Matty0

#8 Matty0

Matty0

Advanced Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:57 PM

thanks for the support guys :) i havent been here for a while (degree takes all my time up) but coming back and doing some porting has been great fun :) and this is a really friendly and educational forum. i really get a lot from it. do you guys think i should upload/share the magicka port? its pretty stable now (been messing for a while) and its running with the vietnam expansion. for me (late 09 mbp) i get aprox 26fps. its ok... but a little stuttery. i was wondering if its the nature of a .net port or if its my laptop thats causing it to run slowly.

#9 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here
  • Graphics Card:Geforce GT 650M, Intel HD 4000, Radeon 6750, Intel HD 3000, Geforce 320m (in 3 machines)

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:24 PM

Matty0 said:

thanks for the support guys :) i havent been here for a while (degree takes all my time up) but coming back and doing some porting has been great fun :) and this is a really friendly and educational forum. i really get a lot from it. do you guys think i should upload/share the magicka port? its pretty stable now (been messing for a while) and its running with the vietnam expansion. for me (late 09 mbp) i get aprox 26fps. its ok... but a little stuttery. i was wondering if its the nature of a .net port or if its my laptop thats causing it to run slowly.
by all means... share it!

a Geforce 9400 pulling 26 fps sounds pretty good... thats such low end in performance, more current GPUs will handle it better.

#10 Matty0

Matty0

Advanced Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:03 PM

doh123 said:

a Geforce 9400 pulling 26 fps sounds pretty good... thats such low end in performance, more current GPUs will handle it better.
do you want just the wrapper or the full port? its 1.6gb. i can upload that quite happily if need be (to megaupload)

#11 ScipioAemilius

ScipioAemilius

• Forum Sub-Moderator
  • 512 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:27 AM

I'm glad you got it to work! Of course we'd like you to share your work! Full game and/or wrapper only is always at user's convenience, so go with what suits you better.

Congrats once again!
Posted Image

#12 Matty0

Matty0

Advanced Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:31 PM

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=8282&p=69727#p69727

here's magicka :) i wen't for the full thing. i always prefer when others share the full thing so i'd like to do the same here :)

(maybe i could be an advanced porter soon ;))

#13 Jowacom

Jowacom

Champion Member

• Donators
  • 811 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon 2600 HD
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:Most genres

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:18 PM

Good job on this one  :wink:

#14 Matty0

Matty0

Advanced Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

just updating you guys, initial post has been edited adding terraria 1.0.3. we can now adjust the screen size (maximise windows) and bluetooth mouse support now works fine! great update for us :) still no full screen yet.

#15 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:52 PM

just realized there was game links in this section...this is not a wrappers or full games section so the download links have been removed. Please post this in the correct manner and in the correct forum.

#16 Matty0

Matty0

Advanced Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

DankoB said:

just realized there was game links in this section...this is not a wrappers or full games section so the download links have been removed. Please post this in the correct manner and in the correct forum.
oh right ok i'll make a post in the full ports directory.

#17 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:30 PM

Matty0 said:

just updating you guys, initial post has been edited adding terraria 1.0.3. we can now adjust the screen size (maximise windows) and bluetooth mouse support now works fine! great update for us :) still no full screen yet.

have you used the Screen Settings in Wineskin.app and set it to override->fullscreen?

Thats a fake fullscreen that is really a virtual desktop in WIne, but still captures the screen and does resolution changes in WineskinX11 correctly.  It often can run almost anything that will run in a virtual desktop as fullscreen... as long as you never really need a windowed mode, it works pretty good.

#18 Matty0

Matty0

Advanced Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

doh123 said:

Matty0 said:

have you used the Screen Settings in Wineskin.app and set it to override->fullscreen?

Thats a fake fullscreen that is really a virtual desktop in WIne, but still captures the screen and does resolution changes in WineskinX11 correctly.  It often can run almost anything that will run in a virtual desktop as fullscreen... as long as you never really need a windowed mode, it works pretty good.

if it had the wineskin app in the wrapper i'd try it... it dosent :/ if you can help with this i'd be greatful! but for now we should move discussion over to the new post
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=8298

i don't mind if mods want to close this thread. new one should suffice.

#19 xbb

xbb

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:23 PM

Cannot access that forum, is it normal? thanks

#20 Matty0

Matty0

Advanced Porter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:56 PM

xbb said:

works fine for me... anyway, its in the ports/full ports/side scrollers category if you want to track it down manually

#21 xbb

xbb

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:05 PM

Matty0 said:

xbb said:

works fine for me... anyway, its in the ports/full ports/side scrollers category if you want to track it down manually

Can't see it :(

#22 doh123

doh123

Wineskin Developer

• Members
  • 4279 posts
  • LocationOver here

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:11 AM

You need more posts on the forum to have access to all parts of the forum.

That port is not Wineskin, its someone trying to actually get it working natively with mono... its nothing Wine based at all.

#23 xbb

xbb

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:33 AM

doh123 said:

You need more posts on the forum to have access to all parts of the forum.

That port is not Wineskin, its someone trying to actually get it working natively with mono... its nothing Wine based at all.

I see, thank you

#24 dankoB

dankoB

Legendary Member

• Super Moderators
  • 3011 posts
    Core i7 16GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    2GB GDDR5 vRAM
Author

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

Matty0 said:

DankoB said:

oh right ok i'll make a post in the full ports directory.

That would be awesome!

#25 FlyingCoffin

FlyingCoffin

Lurker

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:26 PM

Was dying to play this game so I ended up just installing Parallells...runs perfect.

#26 Carbonwyre

Carbonwyre

Lurker

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:01 AM

Why bother when the mono port already works extremely well?

#27 404Unknown

404Unknown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationMelbourne
  • Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 3000 (384 MB Shared)
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:Games, anything on Steam :D

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:17 AM

View PostCarbonwyre, on 05 October 2011 - 04:01 AM, said:

Why bother when the mono port already works extremely well?
Because the wineskin wrapper which i made has much better performance. uploading soon, will have be a game backup though :/ sorry
sorry, my mediafire account has been suspended by Image Line due to "copyright violations". this was because i uploaded a DEMO of FL Studio port. i cannot recover my files, all my work has been lost. i no longer have time to manage my portingteam account so i will shut this account down too... sorry to see such a great community go. i guess this is the end... goodbye my friends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users