• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tattorack

Tattorack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:28 PM

O.K.; so I'm trying to do porting myself and downloaded amethyst, looking around in amethyst
I found out it was already assigned to "notpad.exe", so to test it I tried launching it.
It didn't even pop into the doc, the icons just moved aside for a split second and went back in
place again.... no error message, just nothing  =@  .
(I can't use the latest stuff because I'm on Tiger  :)  ).
Any way to fix that?

#2 cluthz

cluthz

Senior Hall monitor!

• Super Forum Moderators
  • 2836 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Graphics Card:Nvidia GTX780 GHz Edition
  • Operating System:OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Author

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

Have you x11 installed?

And it will be a bit hard to help you, as I guess noone here have a 10.4 machine they use anymore.
Snow Leopard is $29 and yes the upgrade disk works on 10.4 too.

[HackPro i7-4790K, 3x SSD + 5TB HDD • 16GB RAM • NVidia GTX 780 GHz Edition • OSX 10.10] . [MacBookAir 13 1.7GHz • Intel HD 3000 • OSX 10.9.5]

How to port Steam games .... My Youtube Porting videos ... Play my RPG

#3 Tattorack

Tattorack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:30 PM

Yes, I have x11 installed; I needed it in the first place because I wanted to run Gimp
and Darwine/Winehelper.
Even if I bought Leopard, I wouldn't be able to install it because my sister screwed up
the dvd drive by stuffing two cd's in it (I also don't have an EHD to back-up my stuff on)

#4 devilhunter

devilhunter

just dancing to the beat

• Administrators
  • 3051 posts
  • LocationSpace/Virgo Supercluster/Milky Way/Orion Arm/Earth
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA 9800 GTX+
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Author

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

Since basically nothing runs on Tiger anymore, I'd recommend installing snow leopard or leopard (or Lion in a few days if you got a core 2 duo)

Very easy to do this actually without a DVD drive, you just need a 8GB USB thumb drive and a Mac OS installation DMG file. (can be found on the net easily)

Plug in Thumbdrive and from disk utility choose "restore" and restore the Mac OS install image to the thumb drive. Then boot from it by holding the option key at startup.
Restoring and installing can take about an hour, and the new OS gives you access to loads of new things.
Hello. Sadly, I am not active here on the Porting Team anymore, and therefore I cannot give support or answer questions to any of my posted Ports or posted topics.

- zero

#5 Tattorack

Tattorack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:07 PM

What about the stuff on the computer? Wouldn't I need to back that up somewhere?
It would be a shame to lose all the stuff I've working on....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users