8 replies to this topic

#1 Froop

Froop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

What I've done*:
I've tried using L4D2 and HL:S wrappers. L4D2 did nothing, and HL:S opened to a black screen with a white rectangle. I don't have HL2 wrappers or CS:S wrappers available. Wikipedia says the game was built on Goldsrc, which is odd 'cause the game was released in 2008 and Goldsrc had been long deprecated. More likely it's built on Source. I dunno if one or more of Valve's official wrappers would run it.

I'll try a CS 1.6 wrapper in the meantime, and report my findings.

EDIT: The CS 1.6 wineskin wrapper appears to do the most. Where others do nothing, this one will change the cursor and flicker a bit before settling on the above mentioned black screen with white box. This doesn't mean it's the best base wrapper to work off of though, it just looks like it's doing more.

*I know how to use wrappers, and even a little bit of how they work, but I don't know jack squat about porting from scratch. The best I can do is drop game files into existing wrappers and point the wrapper to the new exe and see if it works.

Game Description:
CS:Online is a free-to-play RPG-style version of Counter-Strike built with a micropurchase payment platform and designed for the eastern/asian market. Instead of buying the game itself, you buy weapons, skins, and other items with in-game currency or real money. Scoring points for your team (through kills & objectives) nets you in-game currency and levels. Better weapons require a higher level and cost more currency. Some items can only be purchased with real life money. Basically, it's War Rock meets Counter-Strike: Source.

AppDB Link:
http://appdb.winehq....rsion&iId=24291

AppDB Rating:
Garbage

Links:
http://en.wikipedia....r-Strike_Online

#2 GameGuy

GameGuy

Legendary Member

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • LocationCanada...Eh
  • Graphics Card:nVidia 9400m 256mb
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    MSI N670GTX PW/OCE 2GB SLI
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • I like to play:RPG, Racing, and of course FPS

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

logs would help...personally I suck at reading logs but if you post them I'm sure someone can figure out the problems

Posted Image
Macbook Pro: Intel C2D 2.53ghz, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 9400m 256MB

Hackintosh: Intel i5-3570k, 16GB Ram, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition SLI
If my post helped you hit the like button :)

#3 EdwardR

EdwardR

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationRiga, Latvia
  • Graphics Card:NVidia GeForce 320M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
  • I like to play:First Person Shooters, Action... Adventure... Pretty much most of them! :)

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

It is GoldSource actually. Yep, the engine is really old, but it is used for some reason. :)

#4 LazerTag

LazerTag

Professional Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationSTL MO USA
  • Graphics Card:ATI Radeon 5750 (iMac) & Nvidia 640M (Acer)
  • Operating System:OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • I like to play:Mainly IOS games and stuff in STEAM but I will still dabble in any game that catches my fancy.

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:28 PM

I'm thumbing around the requests looking for something to port while on vacation this coming week.  In my first attempts with CSOnline this game simply will not work.  It uses a variation of GameGaurd, a PunkBuster like anti-cheat tool, those normally require the application to have a 'rootkit' like access which Wine doesn't support.
LazerTag
  • iMAC 27' i7 (870) 2.93Ghz   | Acer V3-571g-9686 i7 3632QM 2.2 Ghz (Turbo 3.2 Ghz)
  • ATI Radeon 5750 - 1 GIG RAM    | Nvidia 640M - 2 GIG RAM
  • 16 Gig RAM / 1TB int., 1TB ext., 2 - 640gig ext. HDD | 16 Gig RAM / 240 Gig SSD

#5 wMin17

wMin17

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Operating System:Other OS/Not specified

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

There is a native version, it is only 9.99 on steam, JUST FRIGGIN BUY THE DAMN GAME IF YOU CAN!!!!!

(sorry for the caps, but this matters)

#6 playn

playn

Just Playin'

• Donators
  • 1966 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
  • Operating System:Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:52 AM

View PostwMin17, on 18 February 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

There is a native version, it is only 9.99 on steam, JUST FRIGGIN BUY THE DAMN GAME IF YOU CAN!!!!!

(sorry for the caps, but this matters)
This is a different game to the ones available on Steam

Posted Image

'Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?'

– Steve Jobs

#7 EdwardR

EdwardR

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationRiga, Latvia
  • I like to play:First Person Shooters, Action... Adventure... Pretty much most of them! :)

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

CSO is CS 1.6 but online and pretty much similar to crossfire and has an anti-cheat, but CS 1.6 is the basic Counter-Strike.

#8 Razgriz92

Razgriz92

Professional Member

• Donators
  • 173 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Graphics Card:nVidia GeForce 9400M
  • I like to play:FPS, RPG, etc. (end of thinking capacity)

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

Can this still be ported? man I would love to see this game ported.. Is it because of the gameguard or something similar that prevents this being ported?
I got bad english, yeah I know.. Sorry about that!
Mess with the best, you'll die like the rest!
Posted Image
Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts
- Martin Buxbaum

#9 EdwardR

EdwardR

Experienced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationRiga, Latvia

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

View PostRazgriz92, on 18 February 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

Can this still be ported? man I would love to see this game ported.. Is it because of the gameguard or something similar that prevents this being ported?

Yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users